PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Advent Children OST inside

bishop743
09-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone! [!]I wanted to let you all know that the Advent Children OST was released by #gamemp3s earlier this morning. For those that are interested, here is the torrent link: http://s94544210.onlinehome.us/gamemp3s/tracker/download.php?id=50&file=9-28-05.torrent[/!]

I think the soundtrack is amazing, from top to bottom. My only disappointment is that they re-used piano tracks from FFVII Piano Collections and didn't re-do them. But I can live with that. For anyone who hasn't checked it out yet, please do so.

You can talk about the soundtrack all you want, but don't advertise things like this on our forums. Thanks --foa

Winter Nights
09-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Yah, posting links to illegal stuff is bad.. Mmmyes.

bishop743
09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
oh, I apologize for that. It won't happen again.

Winter Nights
09-29-2005, 02:10 PM
BTW.. Anyone have an English track listing of the soundtrack? I have the mp3s, but several track titles are still in Japanese. Some I can figure out from the game, but others are new to the movie.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

Disc 1
01 Opening
02 The Promised Land
03 Beyond The Wasteland
04 Sign
05 Tifa's Theme (Piano Version)
06 For the Reunion
07 Those who Fight (Piano Version)
08 Water
09 Materia
10 Black Water
11 Aerith's Theme
12 Battle in the Forgotten City
13 Violator
14 The Great Northern Cave (FFVII AC Version)

Disc 2
01 Divinity I
02 Those who Fight (FFVII AC Version)
03 Those who Fight Further (FFVII AC Version)
04 Divinity II
05 Encounter
06 The Chase of Highway
07 Savior
08 J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII AC Version)
09 Advent: One-Winged Angel
10 Cloud Smiles
11 End Credits
12 CALLING

The_Silver_SOLDIER
09-29-2005, 07:43 PM
hey could you send me the Advent One Winged Angel please as i cannot find it anywhere and i cannot find the OST in any shop (uk) and i cannot buy from internet as i havent got a credit/debit card

Dreddz
09-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I hate the music in AC, all my favourite tunes from the game, went and got some crappy rock remix, ghey......

The_Silver_SOLDIER
09-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I hate the music in AC, all my favourite tunes from the game, went and got some crappy rock remix, ghey......

how can you not like it it's awesome

Winter Nights
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM

It's a difference of opinion. I myself, never liked the orignal songs. I liked some of the Orchastrated Versions, but the original midi cuts never did it for me. Even for midi files, I preferred the game music of FFVI and FFVIII.

As for them all being rockified.. The battle tracks were slightly rock to begin with. There just couldn't be a guitar back then. OWA is a little too rock, but it works and I like it. But I'll also keep the Orchastrated cut from the game, though, as it's the better version.

The_Silver_SOLDIER
09-29-2005, 08:25 PM

It's a difference of opinion. I myself, never liked the orignal songs. I liked some of the Orchastrated Versions, but the original midi cuts never did it for me. Even for midi files, I preferred the game music of FFVI and FFVIII.

As for them all being rockified.. The battle tracks were slightly rock to begin with. There just couldn't be a guitar back then. OWA is a little too rock, but it works and I like it. But I'll also keep the Orchastrated cut from the game, though, as it's the better version.

so rain could you send me advent one winged angel pleeeeeaaase i really can't find it

Winter Nights
09-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Check your PM and don't spam the thread asking for it.

Shoden
09-29-2005, 10:08 PM
The AC OST 's tracks from FF7 are better than the original MIDI music from the game.

The rock just adds a more hardcore action feel to it.

kikimm
09-29-2005, 10:20 PM
I really enjoyed the music for this movie. Some of I didn't really like (The rock-style OWA, for example; I thought it sucked), but for the most part, it was really, really good. I'm just debating on whether I should buy it or not. I was loving that they used the piano versions for the songs. :<3:

Dreddz
09-29-2005, 10:41 PM
The AC OST 's tracks from FF7 are better than the original MIDI music from the game.

Hell No !

Shoden
09-29-2005, 11:02 PM
OWA- better
Battle - better (piano and rock)
Boss - good
Jenova - MUCH better

Wilder
09-29-2005, 11:11 PM

I love this kind of non-sense reviews, " ghey, electric guitars in battle scenes sucks, piano in battle scene sucks, violin in battle scene sucks, techno track in battle scene sucks, Iīm happy with mute". Well I think The rock remix was absolutly THE BEST thing about the movie after Graphics, The sephiroth battle witouth the rock remix would have been half dramatic and exciting, donīt listen to the black mages II because there are some remixes that youīre really really going to hate.

deejay
09-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Ahaha..soundtrack's good...except i dun like some of the piano songs..

Winter Nights
09-29-2005, 11:31 PM

Hell No !
What the hell is so great about cheap, digitized knock offs of real instruments? The whole soundtrack is whining synthasizers. How is that better than real instruments?

Wilder
09-29-2005, 11:41 PM

Hell No !
What the hell is so great about cheap, digitized knock offs of real instruments? The whole soundtrack is whining synthasizers. How is that better than real instruments?

Thatīs exactly what Iīm saying, midi in ffVII was due to software limitations, You donīt hear midi tracks on games anymore and the OST, And Itīs a sequel, you expect to hear remix and new songs.

Destai
10-02-2005, 08:51 PM
I hate the music in AC, all my favourite tunes from the game, went and got some crappy rock remix, ghey......I thoguht alot of the pieces on the soundtrack were great but I was not amused during the electric guitar solo in the middle of one winged angel. It was loud and annoying and totally didnt mix with the rest of a brilliant song. The whole electric guitar through that song was annoying. It just didnt suit it in my opinion. Save it for the Black Mage albums Nobuo.

Holy_Aeris
10-02-2005, 09:09 PM
For me i love the AC OST!!! Its my type of music, and i think some songs are better from the original midi files. Besides, the piano songs are taken from the piano collections.
Its hard to pick a favourite song, i think their all great! But thats just my opinion!

Shoden
10-02-2005, 09:16 PM
the rock themes added drama and feeling to the battle, what try doing it with a piano or violing then you get *rubbish*

about most of the remixes of the ff7 rtracks were better except the boss theme was a bit too over rockified.

Destai
10-02-2005, 09:23 PM
For me i love the AC OST!!! Its my type of music, and i think some songs are better from the original midi files. Besides, the piano songs are taken from the piano collections.
Its hard to pick a favourite song, i think their all great! But thats just my opinion!Yes I think the music was much better without the midis, I thought that particular song (One Winged Angel) would have been better if they ditched the electric guitar.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 09:25 PM
then you'd have the orchastral version with different lyrics and one crap final battle.

Crazy4Tidus
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
BTW.. Anyone have an English track listing of the soundtrack? I have the mp3s, but several track titles are still in Japanese. Some I can figure out from the game, but others are new to the movie.

You have Mp3s? :drool: YAY! I've been searching the computer for One Winged Angel since 9:00 last night... if its not too much to ask can I borrow an Mp3?

Destai
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
then you'd have the orchastral version with different lyrics and one crap final battle.What are you saying?
I'll die laughing if you're saying that one loud electric guitar made the final battle.

Holy_Aeris
10-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Ahh even though OWA had a bit where it was totally rockified, i still like the bit where they added the OWA original version, if anyone noticed.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 09:37 PM
the guitar added the effect and tensity of Cloud Vs Sephiroth.

The best thing is it's not all rock.

Destai
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
the guitar added the effect and tensity of Cloud Vs Sephiroth.

The best thing is it's not all rock.yeah, *dies laughing*

It was just some dope jamming on a guitar. It didnt mix well with the rest of the song at all.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I prefered the original to the orchastral and the Advent to the original.

It blended in greatly, it was something new and wasn't the orchastral with new lyrics, the guitar mixed with the song and the battle.

any other string instrument couldn't have made the song better and if the keyboard was involved it would be classed as techno wouldn't it?

So what you rather have. Relyricing a song, Techno remix, heavy metal OWA or what it is?

It could of been done better but it is amazing as it is, The Black mages have made their best piece yet.

The song fits into the movie and battle well.

The guitar adds another layer of texture and greatness to the song but mostly the battle.

It's not about the song it's about the battle.

if Advent One winged angel wasn't done in the final battle it probably wouldn't be half as good as it is and probably would be done as a small 3 minute tribute.

I can't see why you dislike it so much?

It's better than the orchastral and MIDI version.

And in the end it aint up to any of us what goes in and what goes out unless you're a secret member of the Square Enix music team.

The whole OST isn't rock theres other extremely well done guitarless songs in it so what is there to complain about?

The OST has made it to my no. 1 Fav album but it's not something I'd listen to publicy because of all the dicks and that who just diss this type of music and smash up the CD for a laugh.

And this is the biggest post I have ever made And half of it doesn't make sense and I cannot be bothered to go back and check for pointless stuff and typos.

The Sheep goes Moo.

Russielloyd
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Not sure if it on the soundtrack, but i like the music during the Buhamut fight scene starting on the guitar beat and i specially like the music while Cloud is flying up to dismantle Buhamut in Two.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 10:18 PM
it's called Divinity and for some reason it's split into 2 parts.

Holy_Aeris
10-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Yea i noticed that!
Whats up with that??

Shoden
10-02-2005, 10:28 PM
ask someone who knows.

Destai
10-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Alright...Theres no way Im going into detail over the song because I dont care that much...

It blended in greatly, it was something new and wasn't the orchastral with new lyrics, the guitar mixed with the song and the battle.If I wanted something new I'd be complaining that they didnt use a different song. I wanted somethng old unlike the rest of the album.

any other string instrument couldn't have made the song better and if the keyboard was involved it would be classed as techno wouldn't it?Whats your point. Im complaining about the crappy electric guitar.

So what you rather have. Relyricing a song, Techno remix, heavy metal OWA or what it is?I'd rather have the orchestrated song without the electric guitar that doesnt mix with it. I've siad that XX times already.

It could of been done better but it is amazing as it is, The Black mages have made their best piece yet.um I dont think the black mages made the song. They dont do orchestrations, They do rock. There was more to the song than the electric guitar. Alot more.

The song fits into the movie and battle well.Yeah I like the song, I dont like the loud electric guitar roughly mashed into it, thats why Im bitching.

The guitar adds another layer of texture and greatness to the song but mostly the battle.No it doesnt. You have all these detailed powerful instruments, then you have this japanese emo strumming a guitar, It sux.

It's not about the song it's about the battle.Im not talking about the battle, get with the system.

if Advent One winged angel wasn't done in the final battle it probably wouldn't be half as good as it is and probably would be done as a small 3 minute tribute.I WANTED the song in it. Im complaining about the electric guitar.

I can't see why you dislike it so much?THE FREAKING KEYBOARD SUCKED TAHTS WHY I DISLIKE IT *SHOOTS SELF*

It's better than the orchastral and MIDI version.Yes I said that like xx posts back, It was the stupid loud guitar that annoyed me.

And in the end it aint up to any of us what goes in and what goes out unless you're a secret member of the Square Enix music team.I disagree. Once I buy the DVD (which I will) I totally in my right to complain.

The whole OST isn't rock theres other extremely well done guitarless songs in it so what is there to complain about?THE ELECTRIC GUITAR BECAUSE IT SUCKED

Sefie1999AD
10-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I like the new version of One-Winged Angel. While the guitar solo might have been somewhat weird an idea, it still worked well in the movie, and I agree with whoever said about it increasing the tension and aggressiveness of the song. The Reunion version of OWA feels soft at times, it just doesn't have the power it had on the original version even when it's done with full orchestra, but the distortion guitar was able to sort that problem out and give some more power to those parts that were quite toned down in the Reunion version. I also like the new choir part which plays when Sephiroth drops the building on Cloud, and Cloud tries to block all the falling debris with two of his swords.

I think Divinity I and II are the operatic choir songs played during Bahamut scenes. I was quite impressed by both songs, and it's good to have such music between all those rockish Black Mages -style tracks. The reason the song has been split into two parts is probably because the parts play at different moments in the movie. Divinity I plays when Bahamut is summoned and it blows up the Shinra Memorial Statue, then the AC versions of "Those who fight" and "Those who fight further" play, the former during Turks vs. Yazoo & Loz, the latter during non-Cloud/Tifa/Aeris party members vs. Bahamut battle. After all that, Divinity II plays when Cloud fights Bahamut to the dramatic ending, that part probably being my favorite scene in the movie.

EDIT: By the way, the AC version of One-Winged Angel does feature the Black Mages. In Final Fantasy: More Friends Concert, the encore song One-Winged Angel (AC version) was played by the orchestra, the choir and the Black Mages, it was their combined effort. I don't see a problem with that myself.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally in the 2005 "Dear friends" concert it was the Black mages and the orchastra together.

In the end the electric guitar is there because it's there no matter how much you bitch. It's an OFFICIAL remix of One winged angel named Advent: One-winged angel no matter how much you dislike it or say it sucked.

Sorry if I sound like a prick there, I just realized I could of said this right at the start of the thread.

Now..... can you answer the new question about the Divinity tracks?

Destai
10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally in the 2005 "Dear friends" concert it was the Black mages and the orchastra together.I think the song would have been pretty empty without the orchestra, The black mages on the other hand....

In the end the electric guitar is there because it's there no matter how much you bitch. It's an OFFICIAL remix of One winged angel named Advent: One-winged angel no matter how much you dislike it or say it sucked.Meh, The guitar in it still sucks. I wouldnt have said it more than once if you hadnt taken me up on arguing for the song.

Sorry if I sound like a prick there, I just realized I could of said this right at the start of the thread.You dont and I dont really mind.

Now..... can you answer the new question about the Divinity tracks?What was the question?

Russielloyd
10-02-2005, 10:54 PM
All the great music gave my an idea for an AMV. Three different songs form the OST got me sparking with ideas.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah the Orchastra wouldn't do as good without the black mages and vice versa.

Why are the Divinity tracks split in 2?

Destai
10-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah the Orchastra wouldn't do as good without the black mages and vice versa.I think the orchestra couldve managed fine without the blackmages but I dont think the same applies vice versa and I didnt like what the black mages brought over all to the song. Besides the drums maybe.

Why are the Divinity tracks split in 2?To match up with the on screen action I guess. Also maybe they were very long added together and they decided to add an extra track to the album by splitting them and other factors. I guess they just decided it was a better idea overall for whatever reasons.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah but It would only be an rochastral version with new lyrics not that much of a change though.

The Divinity tracks are good.

The whole OST is class.

Destai
10-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Yeah but It would only be an rochastral version with new lyrics not that much of a change though.

The Divinity tracks are good.

The whole OST is class.Yeah but I really wanted a re orchestration because I disliked the midis so much. There were plenty of new songs for Uematsa to rock on which I'd have loved but on this song I personally didnt appreaciate it.

Shoden
10-02-2005, 11:54 PM
well it's already been done and no matter how you bitch it'll remain.

I liked Calling and Black water aswell as the Divinities, Jenova, Advent OWA, Batlle in the forgotten city and cannot forget Chase of Highway.

Destai
10-02-2005, 11:58 PM
well it's already been done and no matter how you bitch it'll remain.Oh right thanks for clearing that up for me. And I got my hopes up over nothing :/

I liked Calling and Black water aswell as the Divinities, Jenova, Advent OWA, Batlle in the forgotten city and cannot forget Chase of Highway.I loked One winged angel, The Promised Land, Cloud Smiles and Black Water but Im still downloading tracks so that selection could change quick.

Shoden
10-03-2005, 12:01 AM
well it's already been done and no matter how you bitch it'll remain.Oh right thanks for clearing that up for me. And I got my hopes up over nothing :/

XD

I got em all in one, torrents.

adam007
10-08-2005, 03:17 AM
Um does anyone know the music playing in the background on the official japanese site of final fantasy advent children?

krissy
10-08-2005, 03:58 AM
it's called The Promised Land and it is from the ost, track 2

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Theres a better quality version on torrent sites now, 320kbps bitrate. Just finished downloading it.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 01:18 AM
320 kb per second!?!??!?!?! :eek:

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
thats what it said, ill check file size and stuff now.

EDIT:
Yep
320kbps,
44100hz,
189mb
Name titles have been translated aswell

?????
10-10-2005, 10:24 AM
The midi OWA in the original game was good for the time, especially the vocals. But after hearing the orchestral version, the midi is almost unlistenable for me. AOWA was nothing short of a work of art, as was the rest of the soundtrack. If I can get together enough of a band to do it, I'm going to give Liberi Fatali the same treatment. And if I can't, I'm going to bitch endlessly on OCR until someone does.

Kai Seraph
10-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Tsk tsk... all you evil leechers... (actually I'm a leecher too... oops, hehe)

I ditched my downloaded ost, anyone who wants to download and not buy it... get the 320 kbps ripped ost. Do not touch anything below that rate >.<

Anyway I already got my hands on the FFVII AC OST, it's hella sweet. I even got the First Press version; an extra hard paper cover which is silver and has portraits of Cloud and Sephiroth on the front and back respectively. Not that big of a deal, but still, sweeeet.

On a side note, I finally managed to get hold of that freaking limited edition DVD set. It's called Advent Pieces: Limited, and I am one satisfied fella indeed. So let's hear it again!

Sweeeeeet!

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I do suggest people buy it aswell. im going to buy it aswell.

I got the Advent Pieces limited boxset aswell just over a week ago.

Theres a topic about it near the bottom.