PDA

View Full Version : Cosmo Canyon BIG PROBLEM!!!!

Zanius
09-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Hello guys!

That’s the first time that I'm playing the Final Fantasy VII. I have the PC version of this game.

I'm on the disk 1 on the Cosmo Canyon / Cave of Gi area. In there I learned more about Red XIII history and his (I still don't know if Red XIII is male or female... but whatever... :rolleyes2 ) real name as well. The problem is after the scene with Red XIII's grandfather, I had to leave and make a party of 3. So I climbed down the ladder and enter the room on the far right. Talked with Cait Sith and made a party, then I returned up to Bugenhagens House and enter on the wooden door. An event was about to start and then the game shout down...

What I've tried so far to fix this:

I have the Windows XP, so I installed the patch. But the problem continues. :(

I put the disk 1 on my hard drive and it didn't solve the problem also. :(

And that's it... I'm running of ideas and I don't know what I should do more. Can anyone help me? :confused:

Skyblade
09-30-2005, 01:26 AM
There are two or three threads about this. There is a fairly common problem with the FMV sequence there that freezes the game. The only way around it discovered thus far is to give your save to someone who does not have the problem and let them get through it for you. I am one such person myself, and I will be happy to get you through it, simply tell me where I can download your save from or if you need my e-mail address so you can send it to me and I'll take care of it shortly.

Zanius
09-30-2005, 09:01 PM
All right! Thank you so much for your help. And I'm really sorry if this was already posted. I didn't know that.

Anyway, I would love if you could send me this by my e-mail address. :)

Thank you!

Levian
09-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Buy the PSX version.

Zanius
09-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Buy the PSX version.

Yeah, it could be another option to consider. At least I play with safety...

Chris
09-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Why don't you buy the PSone version? If you did, you wouldn't have to spend your time with these kind of problems.

Zanius
09-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Why don't you buy the PSone version? If you did, you wouldn't have to spend your time with these kind of problems.

It’s simple: I didn't found any PSX version so far... Let's just say that here in Portugal... err... it's a little different than other countries... :rolleyes2

Gladly I’m not from this country... *ahem* I only live here… I rest my case...

Anniexo
10-01-2005, 07:45 PM
when you get to cosmo canyon with barret he says something about always wanted to go there but then he say that cosmo is where AVALANCHE started has anyone eles seen this? wanted to say since this thread is about cosmo canyon lol

Zanius
10-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Yeah, this cutscene is after the FMV (it's when my game crashes...)

Rengori
10-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Red XIII is male just so you know. That would be wrong if Hojo was trying to mate two females.

DMKA
10-02-2005, 05:58 AM
I recommend downloading the PSX version since you already bought the PC version anyway and just emulate it. It's actually better anyway in my opinion (you can make the graphics look amazing with ePSXe).

I personally couldn't bear to sit through the music and FMVs the PC version has. I attempted, and didn't make it past the crossdressing part. It just doesn't do the game justice, but it does have better in-game graphics because of the higher resolution, I'll give it that...but with ePSXe you can do better than even that.

Zanius
10-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I recommend downloading the PSX version since you already bought the PC version anyway and just emulate it. It's actually better anyway in my opinion (you can make the graphics look amazing with ePSXe).

I personally couldn't bear to sit through the music and FMVs the PC version has. I attempted, and didn't make it past the crossdressing part. It just doesn't do the game justice, but it does have better in-game graphics because of the higher resolution, I'll give it that...but with ePSXe you can do better than even that.

Yeah you are right. This situation happens also with FF 8 as well. The PSX version is better than Pc version. We can see that by the graphic quality.

By the way, my problem was solved already. You guys are the best! :) :D

A special thanks to all of you! ;)

Luke-TF
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
ey. i once got a problem with the cosmo canyon scene. now i have another problem with the date scene with aeris and cloud. i guess it's due to the fmv sequences. can anyones help me pass that part? and, if anyone would like to, please send me the fmv files for the cosmo canyon and the date scene. i really appreciate if someone would help. thanks. my email is luke_tf@yahoo.com