PDA

View Full Version : DoC Weapons

?????
09-30-2005, 01:36 AM
This topic applies to both Vincent's in-game equipment and to the possibility of fighting a Weapon creature in the game. Do we know anything about either one?

I'd assume that at least a few of Vincent's weapons from FFVII are going to reappear, such as the Death Penalty. I'd also expect to see some conventional stuff, like machine guns, a shotgun, a sniper rifle, some revolvers or handguns, and probably at least one death ray, because every shooting game has to have a death ray. The question is, why didn't this game star Barret? He's got a much bigger and more destructive assortment of weapons; he could be like friggin' Mega Man, except a lot blacker.

Masamune·1600
09-30-2005, 02:02 AM
This topic applies to both Vincent's in-game equipment and to the possibility of fighting a Weapon creature in the game. Do we know anything about either one?

I'd assume that at least a few of Vincent's weapons from FFVII are going to reappear, such as the Death Penalty. I'd also expect to see some conventional stuff, like machine guns, a shotgun, a sniper rifle, some revolvers or handguns, and probably at least one death ray, because every shooting game has to have a death ray. The question is, why didn't this game star Barret? He's got a much bigger and more destructive assortment of weapons; he could be like friggin' Mega Man, except a lot blacker.

There's a rumor that the DG Soldiers will attempt to awaken Omega Weapon, although this has yet to be confirmed (retroactively placing Omega Weapon in the world of FFVII would be pretty cool, though).

From the E3 trailer, we've seen Vincent used his three-barreled handgun, a machine gun, and a sniper rifle. Vincent was also depicted using his golden gauntlet in melee attacks.

The game stars Vincent primarily because he has an enormous fanbase, and because his background and story are ambiguous and unresolved.

Rase
09-30-2005, 06:36 AM
Anyway, as I said, I was surprised to find out that Dirge is more Syphon Filter than Devil May Cry. The primary means by which you dispatch enemies is by shooting them. Vincent has several guns at his disposal, including a powerful handgun, a shotgun, and a sort of machine pistol. You draw your weapon by hitting R1 or L1, which zooms the camera to an over-the-shoulder perspective. From there, you fire with R1, and aim with the right stick. The game is pretty good at locking onto targets for you, so don't have to manually aim very often -- mostly, you'll do so if an unexpected enemy pops up, or if you get the jump on a group of them, which actually happened on several occasions. Vincent also has a canned melee combo, and it was actually quite powerful. However, since the majority of the enemies present in the demo were also equipped with ranged weapons, I seldom got to use it, other than to bust open the occasional crate.

The game's not fully devoid of Devil May Cry's influence, it seems. Vincent actually has his very own "Devil Trigger" at this disposal, which is achieved by hitting the R1 and L1 buttons simultaneously. Indeed, doing so will cause Vincent to transform into some kind of fireball-hurling demon. Just like in Devil May Cry, every second you're in this form, you're losing MP, so in the final game, it's likely something you'll use in a pinch. In this demo, we had access to both HP and MP-replenishing items, though, so perhaps you're meant to use it a bit less-than-sparingly.

Vincent has three major types of guns at his disposal: fast but weak machine guns, standard handguns, and powerful longrange rifles. Weapons can be upgraded during play by replacing their frames or barrels with stronger pieces. Additional modifications, such as scopes and silencers, can also be attached. If foes get too close, Vincent can punch and kick. And, true to his character's roots, Vincent can trigger a "limit break" that temporarily transforms him into a white-haired monster that hurls magical projectiles.

lone_berserker
10-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Just ta letcha guys know cerberus is vinces 3 barrel shot gun. I also read about a new character;

Azul

This character, a DG Soldier, has already made an appearance in Chapter Four of Before Crisis. In that game, he was a fighter who sought to join SOLDIER. What has happened to him between that appearance and DC's timeframe is currently unknown.

KoShiatar
10-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Melee attacks with claw? Now finally that thing's got a reason to exist.

Shoden
10-04-2005, 10:58 PM
it's a gauntlet he has a hand but he wears a gauntlet to look cool and more badass!

ffxfreak93
11-02-2005, 03:27 AM
it's a gauntlet he has a hand but he wears a gauntlet to look cool and more badass!

Nasarian Altimeros
11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Vincent = :love:

Shadow Bahamut
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Vincent with a "Devil Trigger"? gee, i thought Square were an innovative company, that brought out NEW ideas e.g. Limit Break, the whole Final Fantasy series itself..

oh well, at least it sounds like a good game. but which console is it for? PS2, PS3 or PSP??

ffxfreak93
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
but which console is it for? PS2, PS3 or PSP??

better be for ps2 or ps3

Rase
11-11-2005, 02:39 AM
It's being released for the PS2, apparently on March 1, 2006. Not sure if that's U.S of Japan though.

Neo_SiLenT
11-11-2005, 05:59 PM
This game is going to rock!

Markus. D
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
DoC = Dmc????

six underground
11-15-2005, 12:59 PM
i think the Cerberus 3 barreled shotgun is very cool :) maybe it has like a barrel for ice bullets, one for fire and another for bolt. or 2 elementals (fire and ice) and a platinum bullet one for werewolves. hahaha i also liked devil may cry's ebony and ivory guns, they were nice

ffxfreak93
11-27-2005, 05:47 AM
yeah dante's cool