PDA

View Full Version : DoC Multiplayer Mode Confirmed

Rase
09-30-2005, 06:42 AM
Announced, but not yet playable, was Dirge's online multiplayer mode. Players assume the role of a Deep Ground soldier and challenge other soldiers in battle, earning medals and rising in the ranks. Currently, the team plans to implement free-for-all deathmatch, team versus team, and cooperative mission battles. Mission battles will challenge a group of players to work together to defeat epic-level bosses. Players can earn stronger weapons and armor by fighting successfully, giving a persistent campaign feel to the mode. Kitase hopes that 20 to 30 players will be able to participate in a single battle.
Link. (http://opm.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3144117&did=3)

Sounds pretty interesting. Seems like almost every game now is going online. I like the idea of the Mission battles.

boys from the dwarf
09-30-2005, 07:35 PM
sounds cool. i hope there a normal multiplayer mode which doesnt ilvolve the internet though.

Roogle
09-30-2005, 10:32 PM
I just hope that they don't try to make this the bulk of the game.

In many games, they usually have an online mode and it ends up being most of the game. The single player campaigns just don't compare.

Shoeberto
10-01-2005, 01:19 AM
That's awesome!

DMKA
10-01-2005, 02:58 AM
In many games, they usually have an online mode and it ends up being most of the game. The single player campaigns just don't compare.
Why hello there Halo.

Sounds neat.

kikimm
10-01-2005, 03:48 AM
This doesn't excite me, as I've never been into multiplayer, or online stuff. But whatever, I suppose I'll end up giving it a try.

lone_berserker
10-04-2005, 04:13 AM
I suppose it will be a bit like ff 12, except slightly different gameplay. I read that you can give your char equipment, choose gender, choose weapons, and a few other things also.

lone_berserker
10-04-2005, 04:14 AM
Srry, i mean ff 11 XD.

Russielloyd
10-16-2005, 04:50 AM
I suppose it will be a bit like ff 12, except slightly different gameplay. I read that you can give your char equipment, choose gender, choose weapons, and a few other things also.

Yes, thats true.

nirojan
10-21-2005, 02:27 AM
Wow that sounds cool but do you think square enix is gonna mainly base this game on online, like cmon after people beat the game with vincent there'll need to be a better online mode to keep the game interesting!(not that it wont be normally, but it'll get tiring after awile)

tootncartman
10-21-2005, 11:00 PM
What type of battle style would it be online??? I personally am not a fan of online. I like single player games i hate this new online trend showing up in games.

Krillen
11-10-2005, 09:50 PM
WoW, sounds like alot of fun...I also hope it isnt the bulk of the game....It needs to be like normal FF's where theres a story and all the works...The online play can be a side-dish to a great story in my eyes :p

Neo_SiLenT
11-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm not big on FF going online.