PDA

View Full Version : father & son & squall's sis

enigma1234
09-30-2005, 12:13 PM
It was never confirmed but it is obvious that Squall is Laguna's son. The whole story is that Julia was originally in love with Laguna, but he went off to war and had to leave her. In her grief, she met the General, who comforted her. They ended up getting married and having Rinoa. Laguna, after his famous excape from Centra was taken care of by Raine. Laguna and Raine eventually got married, but Ellone was captured and Laguna had to go and rescue her, leaving Raine. After Laguna left, Raine got pregnant and delivered Squall. She then had Squall and died soon thereafter. The townspeople of Winhill beleived that Laguna had abondoned his right to call Squall his son and named him Leonhart, after Raine, and sent him to Edea's orphanage and made no effort to tell Laguna. Some of the clues that Laguna is Squall's father is that Kiros says he looks like his mother, Raine, whom he knew. (He did not say the name Raine thought, just "your mother." And Ward said, well made expressions to say, that it was a good thing he did not look like his father, and we all know that Kiros and Ward, (Gotta love 'em!), also pick on Laguna. There are others I think but I haven't gotten up to that part in the game in like years.

The biggest clue is given by the Moombas, who recognize Squall as Laguna. Since they recognise people by the scent of their blood, Laguna and Squall MUST be related. Given the other evidence, they are almost certainly father-and-son.
Ellone who grew up with Raine and later Laguna, went to the orphanage to take care of Squall, and she's refered as 'sis' only to Squall. Notice other of the orphans didn't refer her as 'sis'. Actually, they all called her 'sis'. Squall was just the one who was closest to her. (Personal theory, from memory)
Ellone knows Squall is Laguna's son maybe thats why he likes squall and quistis was jealous of that b'cuz quistis have feelings for squall but she later knew that squall is just her childhood friend thats why she feels something on squall...

Captain Maxx Power
09-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Sorry, was this a theory thread, an explination thread, or just a random comment? Because your narrative totally lost me.

enigma1234
09-30-2005, 12:34 PM
these are two theories about laguna as squalls father?
and ellone as squalls long gone sis? I just combined this two theories in a one thread because im tired of making new topics/threads

crazybayman
09-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Yes.
Apparently Ellone was adopted by Raine, because her parents were killed by Esthar soldiers. Therefore Squall refers to her as "Sis", her being his step-sister of sorts. This is why he's so close to her in the orphanage. She's the closest thing to family he's got.

And yes, Squall is Laguna's son. The game has made this very obvious.

enigma1234
09-30-2005, 01:54 PM
But if squall is indeed laguna's son why doesn't laguna told squall that he is his father?
I think he doesn't have the guts to say it because he was gone for a long time but still a father & son reunion is somewhat great right? :love:

crazybayman
09-30-2005, 02:13 PM
But if squall is indeed laguna's son why doesn't laguna told squall that he is his father?
I think he doesn't have the guts to say it because he was gone for a long time but still a father & son reunion is somewhat great right? :love:
yes.
Plus there's much more going on, like, you know, saving the world and all of time. Probably not the best time to have that "By the way, I'm your long lost father, who has been absent from your life until now" talk.

GunbladeMaster
09-30-2005, 04:27 PM
plus that would soooooooooooooooooooooooo copying star wars

rubah
09-30-2005, 10:39 PM
How? Laguna isn't the bad guy.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
10-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Isn't it sort of implied that Laguna is going to tell Squall?
He says to Squall that they have lots to talk about after the whole fighting thing is over.

enigma1234
10-02-2005, 03:05 AM
Yes, I also remembered laguna saying that...
will laguna gonna tell squall the truth?

raskerino
10-02-2005, 03:10 AM
I honestly don't think Laguna has it in him to lie about anything with any importance. It's not him. It might take him a while to start talking but once he does he'll tell the truth.

Skyblade
10-02-2005, 04:54 AM
I honestly don't think Laguna has it in him to lie about anything with any importance. It's not him. It might take him a while to start talking but once he does he'll tell the truth.

And once he starts talking it will be impossible to get him to shut up. :D

G SpOtZ
10-02-2005, 05:37 AM
i don't think he'll be able to tell it all. his leg is going to cramp up.

Skyblade
10-02-2005, 05:44 AM
i don't think he'll be able to tell it all. his leg is going to cramp up.

Good point. :D

boys from the dwarf
10-02-2005, 07:41 AM
It was never confirmed but it is obvious that Squall is Laguna's son. The whole story is that Julia was originally in love with Laguna, but he went off to war and had to leave her. In her grief, she met the General, who comforted her. They ended up getting married and having Rinoa. Laguna, after his famous excape from Centra was taken care of by Raine. Laguna and Raine eventually got married, but Ellone was captured and Laguna had to go and rescue her, leaving Raine. After Laguna left, Raine got pregnant and delivered Squall. She then had Squall and died soon thereafter. The townspeople of Winhill beleived that Laguna had abondoned his right to call Squall his son and named him Leonhart, after Raine, and sent him to Edea's orphanage and made no effort to tell Laguna. Some of the clues that Laguna is Squall's father is that Kiros says he looks like his mother, Raine, whom he knew. (He did not say the name Raine thought, just "your mother." And Ward said, well made expressions to say, that it was a good thing he did not look like his fatehr, and we all know that Kiros and Ward, (Gotta love 'em!), also pick on Laguna. There are others I think but I haven't gotten up to that part in the game in like years.

The biggest clue is given by the Moombas, who recognize Squall as Laguna. Since they recognise people by the scent of their blood, Laguna and Squall MUST be related. Given the other evidence, they are almost certainly father-and-son.
Ellone who grew up with Raine and later Laguna, went to the orphanage to take care of Squall, and she's refered as 'sis' only to Squall. Notice other of the orphans didn't refer her as 'sis'. Actually, they all called her 'sis'. Squall was just the one who was closest to her. (Personal theory, from memory)
Ellone knows Squall is Laguna's son maybe thats why he likes squall and quistis was jealous of that b'cuz quistis have feelings for squall but she later knew that squall is just her childhood friend thats why she feels something on squall...
this is definetly accurate. and thanks for explaining why the moombas all say laguna.

G SpOtZ
10-02-2005, 07:47 AM
i thought the moombas all say "laguna" because that's the only english word they've learned how to say.

in shumi village, a shumi explains that laguna tried to teach moombas how to speak, and the elder said that they didn't need words to communicate.
i thought that was why the moombas only say laguna. because laguna tried to teach them how to speak, but didn't do so well, and only got them to learn his name. i'm sure that's just where he started too.

DMKA
10-02-2005, 08:44 AM
I don't think Squall and Laguna are even related.

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Who know's if Laguna isn't Rinoa's father as well as Squall's father, since Laguna was in love with Julia, but it would be a creepy and funny little skrewy thing to put in the story. :P

DMKA
10-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Who know's if Laguna isn't Rinoa's father as well as Squall's father, since Laguna was in love with Julia, but it would be a creepy and funny little skrewy thing to put in the story. :P
Well, Square did go with Brother loves Yuna in FFX-2, after all.

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-02-2005, 09:34 AM
rofl true true. It's like, "let's keep it all in the family, ne?" XD

TheAbominatrix
10-02-2005, 09:35 AM
We know this fact by the times of Rinoa and Squall's births. There's no way Laguna could have impregnated Julia, left Galbadia, become injured, recover from his injuries over a period of months, court Raine, marry Raine, and impregnate Raine in any way for Rinoa and Squall to have the age difference that they do. Caraway is Rinoa's father, not Laguna.

G SpOtZ
10-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Squall: Rinoa... my dad was in love with your mom....
Rinoa: ?!?! well... that's a LITTLE wierd......
Squall: yeeahhh.. ehh...so like... does that almost make us brother and sis?
Rinoa: umm.. well we're not like BLOOD related or anything so...
Squall: works for me! *rips off clothes all at once*
Rinoa: O_O (....he's really desperate isn't he...?)

ShivaBlizzard8
10-03-2005, 02:23 AM
I'm pretty sure the whole "fate/love" theme of the game depended on the fact that Squall and Rinoa carried out the romance that Laguna and Julia never got to have, so its' not wierd at all.

enigma1234
10-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole "fate/love" theme of the game depended on the fact that Squall and Rinoa carried out the romance that Laguna and Julia never got to have, so its' not weird at all.

You have a point there.

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Sounds cute and all, but father and mother thing and love...... just give me the creepers....

bahamut_eden
10-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Sorry, was this a theory thread, an explination thread, or just a random comment? Because your narrative totally lost me.

bahamut_eden

what they ment was that Squall's father & mother was Laguna Loire and Raine

bahamut_eden
10-06-2005, 04:31 PM

bahamut_eden

OMG! the stupidity! the reason is that Laguna doesn't know!

TheAbominatrix
10-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Speaking of stupidity...

Laguna does know. Ellone told him quite a long time before.

Jessweeee♪
10-09-2005, 04:10 AM
Speaking of stupidity...

Ellone told him on the space station what she was doing to Squall so that's probably when she told him.

Another piece of evidence, Laguna left to rescue Ellone a little more than 17 years before the period of time the game starts. That's just enough time for him to get in Raine's pants and run away.

TheAbominatrix
10-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Speaking of stupidity...

Ellone told him on the space station what she was doing to Squall so that's probably when she told him.

Another piece of evidence, Laguna left to rescue Ellone a little more than 17 years before the period of time the game starts. That's just enough time for him to get in Raine's pants and run away.

She told him long before that, and he married Raine so he had more than enough time.

Jessweeee♪
10-09-2005, 05:22 AM
err...You do know that squall is seventeen right?
Ellone never met squall until he came to the orphanage (she went there before he was born) and once she was at the orphanage she never saw laguna again until she went in space, so i don't see when else she could have told him.

G SpOtZ
10-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Ellone never met squall until he came to the orphanage (she went there before he was born) and once she was at the orphanage she never saw laguna again until she went in space, so i don't see when else she could have told him.
that sounded wierd and i don't think ur right but i don't know how to explain it lol.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Ellone never met squall until he came to the orphanage (she went there before he was born)

No, no, no. I've explained this timeline before, but here we go again:

- Laguna rescues Ellone and defeats Adel.

- Ellone is sent home to Winhill. Laguna stays in Esthar as president, not knowing Raine is pregnant.

- Raine gives birth and dies shortly after before Laguna can be sent for. If you remember, Ellone WITNESSES Squall's birth: "she cried for Laguna, she wanted him to see her baby boy" or something like that.

- The townspeople send both Ellone and Squall to the orphanage.

and once she was at the orphanage she never saw laguna again until she went in space, so i don't see when else she could have told him.

That's not completely true either. If you recall, she jumps off the White SeeD ship onto a Estharian vessel because Laguna is on board.

Rini
10-09-2005, 05:21 PM
I love this theory :)
In addition to the already mentioned things, I'd like to add that in the ending FMV, when Laguna and friends are shown, it seems, to me at least, that he looks at the Garden somehow proudly. Like he's thinking: "That's MY boy out there!" :P

TheAbominatrix
10-09-2005, 06:47 PM

She's spoken to Laguna many many times in between her kidnapping and the events on the Space Station. Shiva explains it perfectly.

GunbladeMaster
10-09-2005, 07:47 PM
I love this theory :)
In addition to the already mentioned things, I'd like to add that in the ending FMV, when Laguna and friends are shown, it seems, to me at least, that he looks at the Garden somehow proudly. Like he's thinking: "That's MY boy out there!" :P

lagunas not the kind do think or say something like that.

Dr. Casey
10-10-2005, 03:32 AM
LAGUNA IS 27 AND SQUALL IS 17. SO HE CAN'T BE SQUALL'S DADDY.

G SpOtZ
10-10-2005, 03:46 AM
LMAO laguna's 27 in the flashbacks, i hope you were just kidding when you posted that...

Painless
10-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Yes.... Laguna was 10.. ew...

GunbladeMaster
10-10-2005, 04:05 PM

hes not 27. hes 47! those flashbacks were the past not the present

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Ive read a thread like this one recently.
it all makes sense, but I couldn't help arguing with the guy.....heh....heh.....!!

enigma1234
10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Laguna is 27 in the dream world.In Squall's world he is 44.there is a 17-18yr gap between the 2 worlds and Squall is 17.2+2 is?

enigma1234
10-13-2005, 10:06 PM
As for Laguna, everything about his backstory is shown via his flashbacks in the game, ableit out of order.

Laguna, Kiros and Ward were originally just regular Galbadian foot-soldiers fighting during the conflict with Esthar around 20 years before the game starts. At some point Laguna meets Julia(Rinoa's mother) in Galbadia and falls in love with her, but is forced to leave her to go fight in the war, along with Kiros and Ward. Julia marries General Caraway while Laguna is away and later dies in a car crash.

While fighting Esthar on the Centra Continent at the Lunatic Pandora excavation site, Laguna, Kiros, and Ward are severely wounded and leap from a cliff into the sea to escape. Ward loses his voice because of his injuries, and ends up back in Galbadia as a prison guard in their desert prison. Laguna ends up in Winhill, where he meets Raine and Ellone. Kiros ends up running into Laguna in Winhill and tells him about Ward. While in Winhill, Laguna falls in love with Raine, but while he is away from the village Esthar attacks and kidnaps Ellone. Laguna leaves the village to find Ellone, and while he is gone Raine gives birth to his son, Squall, but either dies giving birth or shortly after. With no parents around, Squall is sent to Edea's Orphanage.

The exact order of events at this point is unclear, but it is known that while looking for Ellone Laguna stayed with Kiros and met up with Ward again, found his way to the Shumi Village(actually the way the game seems to tell this part makes it sound like he washed up at the Shumi village after escaping from Centra, but since he is looking for Ellone already it must be during this time period, not pre-Winhill), made a movie and wrote for Timber Maniacs to make money, and eventually found his way to Esthar. He was captured there and forced to work on the Lunatic Pandora project. He eventually rebels and escapes, and manages to find Ellone in Dr. Odine's lab and rescue her. His charisma and leadership qualities endear him the Esthar people, and he leads the rebellion against Sorceress Adel, managing to seal her away at Tear's Point and sending her into space using the Ragnarok spaceships. He is then made President of Esthar, and sends Ellone to Edea's Orphanage so she can be safe from harm. This is where Laguna's story ends, until he meets up with Squall again in the current time.

Takara
10-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Actually, no. As it was said already in the thread, he sends Ellone back to Winhill, most likely shortly before Raine dies, because Ellone says Raine told her she wanted Laguna to see their son. Then Raine died and Ellone was sent to Edea's orphanage with baby Squall by the other Winhill villagers.

Jessweeee♪
10-19-2005, 10:41 PM
okie dokie i guess i was wrong...but then you think laguna would set out to find his son wouldn't you?

GunbladeMaster
10-19-2005, 10:44 PM
he never knew
remember
he only discovered this when squall came to esthar

Black Angel
10-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Cant they just settle this over some hot coco? Its all too confusing!!!

Rand Al'Tor
10-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Hm... what I occasionally wonder is why Laguna didn't return to check up on Ellone. Okay, so he didn't know Squalle xisted, but Ellone is kinda his steph-daughter.

Then again, if all Esthari people are looking up to him to run the country I can imagine Laguna unable to resist their pleas and becoming a president. Must have been a pretty nasty attack of guilt when he hears Squall was there. (whether the guilt would be deserved...)

Another note, has anyone considered CARAWAY's position on the whole thing? The woman he loves dearly had her heart broken when Laguna left and didn't return from a mission. So many years later, apparently, the guy is still alive, he fell in love, married, had a kid that ended in an orphanage (the kid that is now dating HIS daughter) and after that, ended up becoming the president of the nation that was an enemy to his home nation...

On the other hand, it HAS been suggested that Caraway is the red-dressed soldier in the hotel when Julia and Laguna meet, that says he'll send Laguna a 'million miles away'.

If the General and the President ever meet, I predict les sthan amicable conversation.

Black Angel
11-01-2005, 02:52 AM
Still too confusing.........

Jessweeee♪
11-04-2005, 10:58 PM
actually rinoa didn't go to the orphanage...but still pretty trippy.

Glaurin
11-07-2005, 02:14 AM
Yes, Squall is child of Raine-Laguna.. But you know, Laguna is love Ellone more then as his child..... Look at the dialouge with Kiros and Ward in front of blahblah I forgot it.. He say that Ellone is....LADY?!! It means......... He want to married with Ellone?!!?!#@^!#$(&*^

Fire_Emblem776
11-07-2005, 09:37 AM
why wasnt rinoa in the orphanage?

GunbladeMaster
11-07-2005, 11:47 AM
cause she was the daughter of General Caraway so he took care of her