PDA

View Full Version : Caladbolg

Banishing Blade
09-30-2005, 04:29 PM
I have started new game and dont remember at all where the WEAPON is.

So could you tell me exactly where is it in Calm Lands?

Christmas
09-30-2005, 04:40 PM
here:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=22160

Fireblade13
10-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Go to the far left corner of the CL and talk to the guy who says he doesn't know what he is guarding and then beat the chocobe

Tai-Ti
10-08-2005, 07:54 AM
he he, I actually ha dthe same question, guess I should thank you both then too :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-08-2005, 08:23 AM
The chocobo game is so damnably annoying and the Caladbolg doesn't give allow any aeons to break the damage limit. It's better to just customize a good sword yourself, it'll be more effective in the long run.

rubah
10-08-2005, 04:12 PM
BtV speaks such beautiful truth.

Doing the monster arena quest, you'll get more than enough dark matter to customize tidus' excalibur *and* ribbon armor if you're playing PAL.

(well, if you do the monster arena quest obsessively xD)

BG-57
10-08-2005, 05:53 PM
That's good to know. Yuna, Rikku, and Auron have celestial weapons that are easily mastered, but it took me 10 tries to even beat the chocobo race to get the sword!

Where's a good place to get a sword for Tidus with four empty slots?

BTW, I'm quite obsessive about the monster arena. :greenie:

Christmas
10-08-2005, 06:03 PM
4-slotted-armours can be bought from Wantz in the beginning of the Macalania Woods for 100.000. If he is not there because you didn't talk to him,Adamantoise and Varuna drop them.

silent_ultima
10-16-2005, 10:22 AM
The chocobo game is so damnably annoying and the Caladbolg doesn't give allow any aeons to break the damage limit. It's better to just customize a good sword yourself, it'll be more effective in the long run.

The Celestial Weapon has the Ignore Defence properties, which means the attack bypass the fiend's defence power. This, to me, is worth the pain, especially since I'm playing the International Version and I need it to beat those Dark Aeons.. but for those who played the original version, I don't think the pain is worth it. I've played both version..

BG-57
10-16-2005, 07:27 PM
I have the U.S. game and my characters were so powerful they decimated Omega easily, so I'll customize.

BTW, what abilities should I go for a custom ultimate weapon? I was thinking of:

Break Damage Limit
Triple Overdrive
Double AP
One MP Cost

I'm not sure Triple AP is worth the bother. That involves a lot of Malboro bribery. :eep:

rubah
10-16-2005, 07:49 PM
All you really need is Break Damage Limit. and maybe piercing if you're paranoid.

You ought to have sets of weapons.

a capturing set, with capture and break damage limit (just need three, and only one with break damage limit)

an AP gaining set, with triple AP, Triple Overdrive, Overdrive -> AP (seven of these, but you can win them, or something good enough)

an actual fighting set. the celestial weapons are good enough, but else you really just need break damage limit. I think my Tidus' Excalibur still has three blank slots.

BG-57
10-18-2005, 01:11 AM
What Overdrive mode is most effective in conjunction with an AP gaining weapon?

abrojtm
10-18-2005, 04:55 AM
If you have an AP gaining weapon, simply go fight Don Tonberry with Overdrive set as Comrade (or Stoic if you're the one getting hit). Don should hit you for 99,999 every time assuming you've defeated enough fiends with that character. 99 Sphere Levels per battle-easy.

Russielloyd
10-18-2005, 05:21 AM
If you have an AP gaining weapon, simply go fight Don Tonberry with Overdrive set as Comrade (or Stoic if you're the one getting hit). Don should hit you for 99,999 every time assuming you've defeated enough fiends with that character. 99 Sphere Levels per battle-easy.

I do that with my character, there levels went up to 55 by defeating 1 Don Tonberry.

mj05
10-21-2005, 02:25 AM

Where is the Don Tonberry at? And does he give you enough time to revive the KO'd person before killing the rest?

rubah
10-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Don tonberry requires catching the fiends in the sunken cave.

He'll only counter attack at first, until he moves forward three times. Then he'll (slowly) start dishing out damage, but he won't counter any more.

if you summon aeons, he'll kill them.

BG-57
10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Customizing Auto-Phoenix onto your armor will save you a lot of time. As long as your three characters can dish out 9999 damage with their AP-gaining weapons you'll get him eventually. He doesn't seem to have an attack that can wipe out the party at once.

Rikku_007
10-26-2005, 01:05 AM
If you wan't to get the Sun Sigil you have to get a time of 0:00.

The Sun Sigil Powers up the Caldabolg

Zophael22
11-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Can someone please tell me where the best place to get Excalibur (Break DMG Limit) and 3 empty slot is? IŽve been trying Dark Yojimbo without any luck.. I haven gotten Eternity, Impervious and Solidity, though. :D

Any help would be highly appreciated... / Zophael

ScottNUMBERS
11-24-2005, 01:02 PM
The easiest way ever is to catch five of every fiend in Spira, go to the battle arena and the owner will give you 99 Dark Matters, you can use 60 of which to customise a weapon to have Break Damage limit, thus turning it into Excalibur. (Providing you dont have anything with a higher priority on the weapon you customised.) However you can only do this once. :(

Apart from that the best way to get the Excalibur is to beat Nemesis, of course this isn't an easy way, but in my opinion it's a lot easier than getting 60 Dark Matters.

To get nemesis you need..
-To have captured ten of every fiend.
-To have beat every Original, Species Conquest and Area Conquest fiend (Except nemesis obviously)

If you're having trouble with nemesis, just Raise you stats. If you max them out you can beat nemesis solo character quite easily.

You will have to beat him a few times to get it, (this is paticularly annoying as nemesis has 10000000 HP) but don't worry evertime you beat him you get either A weapon with break damage limit and three empty slots or a piece of armour with with break HP limit and three empty slots. If you would like a more in depth review on how to beat nemesis just say the word. :)

Although I would never do any of this, the celestial weapons are way stronger than anything you could ever make from customising.

Hope this helps. :)

Zophael22
11-24-2005, 11:29 PM
I can only seem to get weapons/armors with 3 slots all in all... not 4 :cry:

IŽll try it a bit more though.. IŽve just beaten Nemesis a few times, maybe I need to fight it more to get something good, ya?

I canŽt understand this.. I always get Eternity or Solidity from Dark Yojimbo.. enough already :mad2: IŽve already got those 2 :D
Gimme some nice armour for Tidus, Wakka, Kimahri, or Yuna instead!!

I was hoping to save those 99 dark matters for Ribbon on TidusŽ armour, in case I donŽt get 1 soon, IŽm making 1 from scratch... :cool:
I was thinking of having: Break HP Limit, Ribbon, Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix...? IŽve got all I need, was just hoping to save those D.Ms for the last character when all the others are done or so, since itŽll be extremely hard to obtain 1/7 in the end...

If I donŽt get that Excalibur IŽll have to use 60 of those... meaning alot more fights at the monster arena... :mad:

THX for the help Žneway!