PDA

View Full Version : Smallville, Kansas

Skarr
09-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Does anyone here watch this show? I used to, until this past season when things got too weird (Lana’s boyfriend wanting her dead due to some family secret). That's when i said i have better things to do than watch this crap. I mean don't get me wrong i love smallville but last season was not for me. Now, this season looks pretty damn awesome, i just saw the first one last night so i'm hoping it dosen't disappoint. What do you think?

BTW this is smallville
http://www.mysci-fi.com/Smallville.jpg

Its a show about the young clark kent/superman.

Chris
09-30-2005, 08:53 PM
I watched the first season but then it really got bawdy. Jesus, the show went down the pipes.

Leeza
09-30-2005, 09:14 PM
For some reason it's never on consistently where I am so I end up missing a lot of the shows, but I love it. This season has already started but so far it hasn't been shown in our area and it makes me sad. :(

Skarr
09-30-2005, 09:17 PM
I feel for you.

Reles
09-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Eh yeah I quit watching it also.

Dreddz
09-30-2005, 09:57 PM
I forced myself to watch some of series 3, and tried to like it, but I didnt and stopped, then played some of my old Nip/Tuck tapes :)

SomethingBig
09-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Season 3 sucked colored pencils. I guess the WB realized that and decided to do the opposite of what they did with the third season. I was really hoping to see Clark fly, though, and was quite disappointed with how he disposed of the Kryptonians. They better come back from the Phantom Zone to have a big brawl with Clarky.

Del Murder
09-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Smallville rocks! I love this show. This season looks to be very interesting, with Lex getting more evil and Brainiac showing up. I don't like Lana, when the show is about their romance I find it boring. I hope Clark gets his powers back soon, but it will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

Oh, and using the plot of Superman II in the season premiere was pretty amusing.

kikimm
10-01-2005, 12:12 AM
I watched the first season, and really liked it, but the year after was when I pretty much stopped watching TV, so no more Smallville. *shrug*

Captain Maxx Power
10-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Smallville is a travesty to everything that Superman stands for. What's next, Batman as a sitcom?

O wait...

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/batman-c.jpg

I stand corrected.

SeeDRankLou
10-01-2005, 01:07 AM
I really like Smallville. While grant it, last season was pretty weird, the show on a whole is pretty entertaining.

Skarr
10-01-2005, 01:35 AM
I don't like Lana, when the show is about their romance I find it boring.

I have to agree with you there. For some reason, and this is continuous from the first season, Clark and Lana's complex relationship was to cliche, to *when are they going to stop this nonsense and hook up for real and not just for two episodes*. I hope they remedy this for this season, which looks posible...but one never knows.

Raistlin
10-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Holy crap, yes. I don't care about Lana's romances. More Clark. More Lex. More everything-besides-Lana's-latest-boyfriend.

I used to watch Smallville all the time, even the reruns. Now since classes started, I literally haven't watched any TV outside of football games. However, I did watch the series premiere, and will definitely try to watch each Thursday.

-N-
10-01-2005, 02:32 AM
I hear that show is loosely based off of Reles's father's angsty teenage years.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-01-2005, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by Del Murder:

Holy crap, yes. I don't care about Lana's romances. More Clark. More Lex. More everything-besides-Lana's-latest-boyfriend.
Wow, maybe you didnt catch something. There is a relationship between Lana and Clark, and I dont mean just love or whatever. Clarks future is ties somehow with the witch Lana was. That just has yet to be explained.

Del Murder
10-01-2005, 04:15 AM
I thought the whole witch thing ran its course after Lana killed Jason's mom, but I could be wrong. When Lana and Clark are dating the show sucks. They have no chemistry. I like Chloe better. And of course Lois.

Skarr
10-01-2005, 05:03 AM
Yeah lois is hot.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Yeah lois is hot.
cant deny that kind of truth.

Raistlin
10-01-2005, 05:49 AM
I thought the whole witch thing ran its course after Lana killed Jason's mom, but I could be wrong. When Lana and Clark are dating the show sucks. They have no chemistry. I like Chloe better. And of course Lois.
Yes! Chloe and Lois are great. Lana needs to move back to Paris or something.

And yeah, I also thought the witch thing had run its course. I dunno, though. They might bring it back up, though I never liked that little mini-plot.

Reles
10-01-2005, 06:44 AM
I hear that show is loosely based off of Reles's father's angsty teenage years.

Uhm...WTF?!

:eek:

Anyway...yeah. Tom welling is pretty hot, no?

Del Murder
10-01-2005, 06:53 AM
The show has a very attractive cast, yes.

Skarr
10-01-2005, 06:02 PM
The show has a very attractive cast, yes.

That’s part of the WB’s propaganda plot to only have attractive characters on their shows so as to gain ratings.

SomethingBig
10-01-2005, 09:15 PM
What happened to Pete?

Del Murder
10-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Pete moved away because he couldn't handle knowing Clark's secret.

Raistlin
10-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Pete irritated me, so it was cool.

Del Murder
10-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Pete was good for his role as the confidant who helped Clark get through his first few years, and it was good that he went away once his role was no longer necessary.

Raistlin
10-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah, his character in that role was necessary. But I just didn't like his character.