Your really good at judging people are you? :mad:
As what I've said for bahamut fans only :mad2:

Christmas
10-01-2005, 06:13 AM
So what had this got to do with FF VIII? Why not this one:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

?????
10-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Meh, it is the wrong forum, but I'll be damned if that isn't an awesome-ass picture.

rubah
10-01-2005, 07:04 AM
it is an amazing fmv sequence, and now it's also in the right forum.

kikimm
10-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty cool scene, although I think some of the others are better.

I did know that he was defeated by Alexander, but I seem to have forgotten because it's been awhile since I played that game.

boys from the dwarf
10-01-2005, 10:19 AM
cool pic. thats probly my favourite FMV of the game.

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2005, 01:36 PM
yeah mine too, and ive just copied that image as my desktop now hehe

Luara
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
mine is when Garnet cuts her hair

Dreddz
10-01-2005, 11:46 PM
cool FMV, Alexander is so much better than Bahumat....

enigma1234
10-02-2005, 12:15 AM

HHEHEHEHHEHE....cool picture am i right? :cool:

Slade
10-02-2005, 01:16 AM
cool FMV, Alexander is so much better than Bahumat....

BottledJustice
10-02-2005, 04:41 AM
yeah, I definitely just set that as my wallpaper as well, but I had so many rows of icons that it covered up Bahamut completely. So I deleted three rows of them. Heck, it's time vs. looks. Who cares? That's one sexy desktop. :love:

Skyblade
10-02-2005, 06:06 AM
Yep, it's now my background too. Is the entire game this quality (in terms of visuals)? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get it...

Masamune·1600
10-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Yep, it's now my background too. Is the entire game this quality (in terms of visuals)? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get it...

That particular scene is taken from an FMV sequence. In terms of graphics, I would say FFIX is slightly superior to FFVIII.

Regardless of the visuals, though, I strongly recommend buying FFIX. It's an amazing game.

Primus Inter Pares
10-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty cool scene, although I think some of the others are better.

I did know that he was defeated by Alexander, but I seem to have forgotten because it's been awhile since I played that game.
Yeah, pretty much, Bahamut rules, but Alexander is King.

enigma1234
10-02-2005, 07:26 AM
If you guyz want some cool pictures,cut scenes pics,wallpapers,etc just live/post your email and ill send some of my pics to you or add me to your friends list (claire_glory@yahoo.com) :cool:

I have one wallpaper here that I want to auction. its such a great wallpaper that I think every Final Fantasy Fans want it. :tongue:

Rengori
10-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the wall paper, appreciate it.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Wings, man.

Quindiana Jones
10-02-2005, 08:28 AM

HHEHEHEHHEHE....cool picture am i right? :cool:

yup. alexander is king but i love bahamuts speed and stuff :love: :love: :love:

One_WinGed_d3mon
10-02-2005, 10:13 AM
of course alexander defeated it, i mean look at the size of that thing compare to the bahamut, its like comparing a human and a lil dragonfly

enigma1234
10-02-2005, 10:42 AM
of course alexander defeated it, i mean look at the size of that thing compare to the bahamut, its like comparing a human and a lil dragonfly

But size doesn't matter when it comes to power... :greenie: :greenie:

Quindiana Jones
10-02-2005, 12:05 PM
and also alexander used magic...

Chris
10-02-2005, 02:11 PM
toatlly kewl

Future Esthar
10-02-2005, 03:55 PM
What´s the name of this city?
Alexander looks like a building there.
And the wings look like Rinoa´s.

Christmas
10-02-2005, 04:07 PM
The city is called Alexandria.
Alexander is the legendary "summon" in the game.
And Kuja's hair look like Sephiroth's.

Rengori
10-02-2005, 05:28 PM
And Kuja's hair look like Sephiroth's.
Thank you for pointing out the blatantly obvious.

Christmas
10-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Dun mention it. But Kuja aren't related to Sephiroth just because their hairs look the same aren't they?

Rengori
10-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Dun mention it. But Kuja aren't related to Sephiroth just because their hairs look the same aren't they?
Nah, Kuja's better than Sephy.

Christmas
10-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Great to hear that.Rengori
And ya, Future Esthar, the wings look kinda like Rinoa's. I hope you are not thinking of anything after seeing the example of the previous posts.

Of course you won't, right?

?????
10-02-2005, 07:03 PM

Patently and absolutely false.

Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case carry on. I'm too drunk to tell.

And Kuja is a good villain, but he isn't better than Sephiroth. The only villains ever created who surpass Sephiroth are Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Lavos, and maybe Melkor for his sheer power. Sauron was only one of the Ainur, a subsect of the godlike Valar race which descended to Arda like a bazillion years ago, and is weak enough that the armies of the present day could defeat him without much trouble; that should give you an idea of just how quickly Sephiroth could wipe him off the map. But Melkor was a full-fledged Valar, and he was definitely the BMOC. Some of the Valar had the power to actually create stars. Even the most advanced technologies in all of science fiction would have a hard time competing with this. No vehicle save perhaps the Death Star, or maybe a Culture warship, could do battle with a higher Valar. The Culture vessels have the decisive advantage in maneuverability; they can exceed 300 trillion c and strike from basically anywhere using gridfire, while the Death Star's planet-destroying superlaser is also strong enough to mess up a decent-sized star. That doesn't even take into account the already incredible feat of merely holding the damn thing together AND providing for shielding strong enough to ward off basically any capital ship attack, not to even mention the millions of 200 GT and 100 TT-yield turbolasers. Taking all those together, they're strong enough to actually vaporize most of a planet's mass in under a day of sustained firing. Unless the Lifestream has enough power to shrug off a sustained trillion-exawatt assault, it's doubtful that Sephiroth could take on a Valar, even if he'd succeeded.

boys from the dwarf
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM

Patently and absolutely false.

Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case carry on. I'm too drunk to tell.

And Kuja is a good villain, but he isn't better than Sephiroth. The only villains ever created who surpass Sephiroth are Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Lavos, and maybe Melkor for his sheer power. Sauron was only one of the Ainur, a subsect of the godlike Valar race which descended to Arda like a bazillion years ago, and is weak enough that the armies of the present day could defeat him without much trouble; that should give you an idea of just how quickly Sephiroth could wipe him off the map. But Melkor was a full-fledged Valar, and he was definitely the BMOC. Some of the Valar had the power to actually create stars. Even the most advanced technologies in all of science fiction would have a hard time competing with this. No vehicle save perhaps the Death Star, or maybe a Culture warship, could do battle with a higher Valar. The Culture vessels have the decisive advantage in maneuverability; they can exceed 300 trillion c and strike from basically anywhere using gridfire, while the Death Star's planet-destroying superlaser is also strong enough to mess up a decent-sized star. That doesn't even take into account the already incredible feat of merely holding the damn thing together AND providing for shielding strong enough to ward off basically any capital ship attack, not to even mention the millions of 200 GT and 100 TT-yield turbolasers. Taking all those together, they're strong enough to actually vaporize most of a planet's mass in under a day of sustained firing. Unless the Lifestream has enough power to shrug off a sustained trillion-exawatt assault, it's doubtful that Sephiroth could take on a Valar, even if he'd succeeded.
first. whats a valar? and second. do you realy think vader would beat sephiroth? and also all of this talk of weird species makes you sound like a nerd.

Yoruhoshi
10-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Cool pic of Bahamut. I love that dragon. I wants a Bahamut plushie!! Anybody know where to find one? If you do, IM me.

?????
10-03-2005, 03:48 AM
Well, I AM a nerd, as is everyone else here. ;)

The Valar are from Lord of the Rings; they're basically that world's uber powerful ancient race.

I'm relatively sure that any trained Skywalker would at least have a good chance of beating up Sephiroth. Luke eventually acquires enough power to kill tens of thousands of specialized Jedi-slayers, walk over hot lava, move Star Destroyers, and other crazy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Skyblade
10-03-2005, 03:53 AM

The Valar are from Lord of the Rings; they're basically that world's uber powerful ancient race.

A nerd you may be, but you aren't a dedicated LotR fan, or you would never refer to the Valar as a "godlike" race, because Tolkien made it very clear who God was. Read the Simarillion.

ultimate snake
10-03-2005, 01:58 PM

A nerd you may be, but you aren't a dedicated LotR fan, or you would never refer to the Valar as a "godlike" race, because Tolkien made it very clear who God was. Read the Simarillion.

the Simarillion is not based on any adventure in middle earth in middle earth the power rating is valar elves maiar morgoth wisards numneor men sauron human orcs. yes any army from today could beat the armies of souron bescuse of guns.
sephiroth could be a challend to the valar if he succeded in becomeing a god but wouldnt of lasted long as there are lots of valars.

Skyblade
10-03-2005, 09:33 PM

the Simarillion is not based on any adventure in middle earth in middle earth the power rating is valar elves maiar morgoth wisards numneor men sauron human orcs. yes any army from today could beat the armies of souron bescuse of guns.
sephiroth could be a challend to the valar if he succeded in becomeing a god but wouldnt of lasted long as there are lots of valars.

By that logic, humans are godlike. It doesn't matter where the battles are taking place. The Valar are not godlike, they are just the most powerful of the races that are actually in Middle Earth. Not the same thing.

enigma1234
10-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Cool pic of Bahamut. I love that dragon. I wants a Bahamut plushie!! Anybody know where to find one? If you do, IM me.

Oh!, you also like bahamut.

Here are some of my pics of bahamut.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-a.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-b.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-c.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-d.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-e.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-f.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-g.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-h.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-i.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/enigmaceres4ever/Bahamut/bahamut-j.jpg

?????
10-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Tolkien postulated that Iluvatar created the universe and is God. But the Valar's power was so extreme that by our standards, they might as well be gods. Besides, I never actually used the term "godlike" when referring to the Valar, but for practical purposes, that's what they are. They're god-LIKE. Not gods. If they were true gods, there'd be absolutely no chance of beating them. As it stands, ridiculously advanced technology can defeat them.

I tend to disagree with the point of view that Tolkien expressed in the Silmarillion. Basically, he held that faith was the most powerful weapon, and the only viable way of doing battle with the most evil of fiends. But if you can empirically prove the existence of a God, as one can in the Tolkien-verse, there's no need for actual faith. It was Frodo that (sorta kinda) dropped the One Ring into Mount Doom, but it was the spirit of men, that of free will and progress, that won the war against Sauron. Anybody could have carried the Ring, regardless of what Galadriel or anyone else said. Psychology overrules elves...not that the Ring was really good for that much, anyway.

G SpOtZ
10-04-2005, 02:49 AM
enigma, what's that pic of the red bahamut from?

enigma1234
10-04-2005, 08:14 AM
enigma, what's that pic of the red bahamut from?

I'm sorry but I have no idea they say he's the bahamut from 1 of the final fantasy series. (Im going to search on what final fantasy he can be found)

(I'll be posting all my bahamut pictures in arts and writings eoff forums section.)

Skyblade
10-04-2005, 08:24 AM
There were three different Bahamuts in VII: Bahamut, Neo-Bahamut, and Bahamut ZERO. I think I only saw one of them (I think it was ZERO, but I'm not sure) there. Post pics of the others!

Also:

Besides, I never actually used the term "godlike" when referring to the Valar

Sauron was only one of the Ainur, a subsect of the godlike Valar race

?????
10-04-2005, 08:45 AM
owait i f**ked it up

According to Wikipedia, the AC creature is named Bahamut SIN.

Skyblade
10-04-2005, 08:48 AM
owait i f**ked it up

According to Wikipedia, the AC creature is named Bahamut SIN.

It's ok. Just as long as you realize your mistake. :D

BTW, does anyone else get the feeling that this is moving to General FF?

enigma1234
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah, General Final Fantasy and maybe Arts & Writing...(but this is just art) because the other pictures of bahamut couldn't be found in FFIX.

enigma1234
10-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I have finished posting some of my bahamut pictures in arts and writing category/section/forum.
:) ;) :cool: :p :D :love: :tongue: :greenie:

(Feel free to visit it)