PDA

View Full Version : I've got two problems involving websites

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
10-01-2005, 06:45 AM
1. Anyway, I made this Final Fantasy ROM / ISO Site, and, as you know, the whole abandonware thing... and I'm worried that if I put Playstation ISO's. It may not be okay... I mean... Playstation is an abandoned system just like the NES right? but... I'm not sure... What do you think?

2. I've got another website... (I made the ROM/ISO a different one for the sake of conserving space.) That isn't really getting visited often enough... how do I advertise without being annoying ( http://www.freewebs.com/flarenuke ).

crono_logical
10-01-2005, 07:06 AM
1. I think playstation is still too recent, plus you're going to have fun with bandwidth if you're serving ISOs on a web page :p

2. Use your signature :p

10-01-2005, 08:25 AM
I suppose you're right... I sorta figured Square isn't making money off it...

And nobody ever clicks sig links...

Samuraid
10-01-2005, 08:56 AM
We offer up to 500Mb of user bandwidth per month for all non-premium users, so long as it is being used in a proper manner.
If one user downloaded one ISO, it would use up your entire monthly bandwidth. :p

bipper
10-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Just get a Static ISP, and run your own web server, that way you do not have to worry much about bandwith. Its easy, but a lil more spendy.

But yeah, ISOs are HUGE. You would be best off just hosting smaller files. If you know some basic server scripting, you can set up a que system that will allow, say, only 5 people downloading at once. Everyone else would sign up and have to wait. This way, you cut down on corrupted downloads and slow download times. (that is IF you are going for ISO). I would only donate time to this if you were really seirous about such a feat.

Also, you can sync two pages together easily. Just put external links on whatever your front page is. and don't worry about being annoying,

Hello, Idiots

that opening to your website will justifingly let borwsers know what to expect :D
Good luck;
Bipper

The Shoeless Hobo
10-02-2005, 07:34 AM
Why don't you host Torrents instead?

10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
( http://www.freewebs.com/finalfantasyrom ) <--- That's the ROM site.

Anyway, now I just link to a different website containing the file for ISOs

Flying Mullet
10-03-2005, 01:54 PM
FYI, <b>NO</b> ROMs are legal, even if the system is "abandoned", like the NES, or people are downloading it "for backup purposes and/or will be deleteing it within 24 hours". Any ROMs distributed on the web are illegal. Granted there are a lot of sites out there that have ROMs, but that's just because the companies that make the games either haven't found the sites or they think the sites are too small to be worth their time.