PDA

View Full Version : So you've bought a PSP...

The Shoeless Hobo
10-01-2005, 11:08 AM
...And you've had it for a month at least. What have you done with it? What games/movies do you own?

Personally, I own Burnout, NFL Street and WipEout aswell as Spiderman 2. My PSP is V1.5 and I use it for SNES and GBA roms. But I have activated the version changer so it says I have version 2.00 so I can still play Burnout and WipEout.

I love my PSP. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2005, 11:20 AM
I have Lumines and Metal Gear Acid. Looking forward to MGA2, the two Rockman games, and Goku Makaimura.

Destai
10-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Can any PSP play SNES roms or does it have to be one of the newer ones? I'd buy it simply to play Chrono Trigger ^^

Holy_Aeris
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I've had my PSP for over 2 weeks now, and i've only got one game called Mercury. Quite a good game. But its kinda boring with one game, and theres not a lot of interesting games out yet here in the UK. I'm waiting for AC to come out next year for me to get for ma pretty PSP!

Sephiroths Clone
10-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Ive had my PSP since the launch here in NA. Ive got Wipeout, Need for Speed, Untold Legends, and twisted metal. I also use my psp as an mp3 player and i got Spiderman 2 as the only UMD movie.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Can any PSP play SNES roms or does it have to be one of the newer ones? I'd buy it simply to play Chrono Trigger ^^

Yes. It can also play NES, SMS, Atari, GBA, etc.

Check this site out for more info: PSP Emulation (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/)

Necronopticous
10-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee

Rengori
10-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Darkstalkers and Spiderman 2. I'm happy with it, especially since it's getting Megaman pretty soon. And now that there are emulators, screw the DS's FF3.

Destai
10-02-2005, 11:02 AM

Yes. It can also play NES, SMS, Atari, GBA, etc.

Check this site out for more info: PSP Emulation (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/)
Alright, Im getting it for christmas. 200 euros gone *flush*

Dreddz
10-02-2005, 12:28 PM
I got mine nearly a week after the japanese lauch, I play Burnout for an hour or so in bed every night......

Cruise Control
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I have Metal Gear ACID, Untold Legends, Lumines, Twisted Metal, Spiderman 2 (It was at a yardsale $2, only reason I bought it), and The Punisher. Looking forward to AC.
I have uploaded some songs:
1. Simple and Clean
2. Suteki Da Ne (Instrumental)
2. 1000 Words
4. Song of Prayer
5. Tidus's Theme (FFX Piano Collections)
6. To Zanarkand (FFX Piano Collections)

I have updated to 2.0 and have uploaded the attached wallpaper.

EDIT: I also found out, that the PSP plays songs in the order of filename, so if you want it a certain order, rename the file 1 (insert title), 2 (insert title), and so on.

KoShiatar
10-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm still thinking whether I should buy one or not, so your opinions are greatly interesting for me.

Holy_Aeris
10-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm looking forward to getting AC and Crisis Core! Will DoC be for the PSP too?

How do you put tunes onto it???

Rengori
10-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Plug it into your computer and copy the tunes onto your Memory stick.

Holy_Aeris
10-02-2005, 09:52 PM
thought so, ok thanks!

Necronopticous
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Can any PSP play SNES roms or does it have to be one of the newer ones? I'd buy it simply to play Chrono Trigger ^^While you can run an SNES emulator on your PSP and play Chrono Trigger on it, it runs very very slow. Chrono Trigger runs especially slow, it's pretty much unplayable unless you set it to autoskip 10 frames at a time, and even then it's slow.

Destai
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Can any PSP play SNES roms or does it have to be one of the newer ones? I'd buy it simply to play Chrono Trigger ^^While you can run an SNES emulator on your PSP and play Chrono Trigger on it, it runs very very slow. Chrono Trigger runs especially slow, it's pretty much unplayable unless you set it to autoskip 10 frames at a time, and even then it's slow.That doesnt sound fun, mmm no :/

GooeyToast
10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
While you can run an SNES emulator on your PSP and play Chrono Trigger on it, it runs very very slow. Chrono Trigger runs especially slow, it's pretty much unplayable unless you set it to autoskip 10 frames at a time, and even then it's slow.

That sucks.

For about one minute there, I was dreaming of playing CT on my future PSP.

Oh well. :rolleyes2

Sephex
10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
I had my PSP since late May. I have Lumines and Hot Shot Golf for it. Both are great games (and I play Lumines a lot!). However, I used it as a bootleg ipod when I went on vacation with my girlfriend's family (long car ride). For a few months, I have alos been using it to play NES and SNES games.

While you can run an SNES emulator on your PSP and play Chrono Trigger on it, it runs very very slow. Chrono Trigger runs especially slow, it's pretty much unplayable unless you set it to autoskip 10 frames at a time, and even then it's slow.

Actually, I got mine running great. It has more trouble with FFVI than CT, though. It playes FFIV almost perfectly, along with Mega Man X, Actraiser, and several Mario games. On the note of Chrono Trigger, yeah, it does slow down, but overall it's playable for me. I also beat Super Metriod on it several times. That's another game I got it to work on great.

The NES games have NO problems mainly. The only problem I ran into was that a couple of games run a little too fast. Just keep on checking this site: http://pspupdates.qj.net/

In terms of SNES games it seems that more and more emulators are released that make SNES games run better as time goes on. I bet there are a couple of great emulators there by now.

EDIT: I just checked and there seemes to be a couple of emulators that weren't there when I downloaded mine. Try those out (SNES, by the way).

Necronopticous
10-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Somebody's been clocking their PSP at 333 mhz!

Yeah, I mean... I've been clocking my PSP at 333 mhz with the latest SNES9x but I always feel so scared when I do it. I mean, I know that's the speed it was made to run at, but it just feels scary doing it to such an expensive piece of hardware, you know?

Sephex
10-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Somebody's been clocking their PSP at 333 mhz!

Yeah, I mean... I've been clocking my PSP at 333 mhz with the latest SNES9x but I always feel so scared when I do it. I mean, I know that's the speed it was made to run at, but it just feels scary doing it to such an expensive piece of hardware, you know?

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I've been clocking it that way. I don't think there have been cases of peoples PSPs messing up that way, though. I was scared to do it at first, but I've done it so many times with all sort of games/length of playing time. So far, so good.

Yamaneko
10-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Eventually developers are going to insist that Sony release a firmware upgrade that unlocks the bottlenecked speed of the PSP's proc or else many are going to run into problems creating playable games. Now they do it because they want to tell people their battery lasts four hours instead of two.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-03-2005, 01:44 AM
I also found out, that the PSP plays songs in the order of filename, so if you want it a certain order, rename the file 1 (insert title), 2 (insert title), and so on.

Unless you make a folder for every album, then it will play in order.

Example: PSP -> MUSIC -> Britany Spears -> Insert music here.

I've been playing FF3, Chrono Trigger and Tales of Phantasia on my PSP and they all run fine. But it's set to 333mhz, but that doesn't really effect anything else other than the games speed. I've found it extremely fun playing FF3 on my PSP and it's now my favourite Final Fantasy. :p

Elite Lord Sigma
10-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I had my PSP since late May. I have Lumines and Hot Shot Golf for it. Both are great games (and I play Lumines a lot!). However, I used it as a bootleg ipod when I went on vacation with my girlfriend's family (long car ride). For a few months, I have alos been using it to play NES and SNES games.

Actually, I got mine running great. It has more trouble with FFVI than CT, though. It playes FFIV almost perfectly, along with Mega Man X, Actraiser, and several Mario games. On the note of Chrono Trigger, yeah, it does slow down, but overall it's playable for me. I also beat Super Metriod on it several times. That's another game I got it to work on great.

The NES games have NO problems mainly. The only problem I ran into was that a couple of games run a little too fast. Just keep on checking this site: http://pspupdates.qj.net/

In terms of SNES games it seems that more and more emulators are released that make SNES games run better as time goes on. I bet there are a couple of great emulators there by now.

EDIT: I just checked and there seemes to be a couple of emulators that weren't there when I downloaded mine. Try those out (SNES, by the way).

How the heck did Sony get Nintendo games on the PSP? Nintendo wouldn't give up Mario to them, so I think that Sony copied them and made an emulator. I'm also surprised that Nintendo isn't suing Sony for copyright infringement.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-04-2005, 03:11 PM
The pioneers of PSP emulation aren't connected to any company. Sony is actively against it and locks out emulation methods in its firmware updates.