PDA

View Full Version : Leeza's gonna kill me...

BottledJustice
10-02-2005, 05:14 AM
I have a question for everybody. My sister's cat, Cleo, loves me very much. Which makes me happy. My question is, is she normal? The reason I ask is because we can literally beat her on her sides, and she rolls over and loves it. You can just curl your hands, and firmly whack her over and over, and she writhes on your lap and rubs on stuff. I would like to point out that this isn't abusive force, my cat is not addicted to S/M or anything, but I just thought it was odd that she likes getting firmly thumped.

Oh, by the way, if you're going to try and see if your cat likes it or not, I wouldn't recommend it, really. We found it out with Cleo completely by accident. Both our other cats got really angry when we just patted them, though. So strange. Any thoughts or comments? :confused:

Del Murder
10-02-2005, 05:16 AM
No, not really. I would like to use your screen name as some kind of witty one-liner, though. I hope the opportunity arises someday.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-02-2005, 05:17 AM
I am wondering how you found out by accident. But it kinda seems weird...is there any history to the cat? Did she have a previous owner who abused or something? It sounds kinda freaky to me.

DMKA
10-02-2005, 05:19 AM
The first post in this thread made me depressed. :(

Yamaneko
10-02-2005, 05:21 AM
My cat's name is Cleo too. :)

Primus Inter Pares
10-02-2005, 06:41 AM
I like to beat cats.

Mitch
10-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Maybe she just likes the attention?

Rengori
10-02-2005, 06:46 AM
I like to beat cats.
I may hate cats (Leeza's going to kill me too because of that or spam), but that's kinda cruel.

On topic, that is very strange.

Samuraid
10-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Cats can do strange things at times. As long as it doesn't hurt the Cleo... ;)

Rainecloud
10-02-2005, 08:56 AM
She's obviously a sado-maso-type cat.

Shlup
10-02-2005, 09:23 AM
In a past life you were lovers.

ThroneofDravaris
10-02-2005, 09:42 AM
STELLA!!!!!

I'll leave you to work that one out...

Boosk
10-02-2005, 11:11 AM
that's mean...

DK
10-02-2005, 12:01 PM
STELLA!!!!!

I'll leave you to work that one out...

http://www.battlehype.com/emAlbum/funny/fake%20ads/Stella_Wife_Beater.jpg

Old Manus
10-02-2005, 12:17 PM
It's not like cats have feelings.

Zanius
10-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Many pets may have some strange or bizarre behaviour and sometimes we can not find a perfect explanation for that.

For example, dogs use to smell the other dog's butts (and other parts that I’ll not mention here, but you guys know on what I am talking about it…)

But, anyway the The Summoner of Leviathan might be right if she had a previous owner who abused her or something, or Judge Judy, saying that she's obviously a sado-maso-type cat... beyond than that I can really say. But it’s very weird because cats don’t like those things…

And Leeza... don't get mad... :D

Loony BoB
10-02-2005, 02:06 PM
So long as it's not with the kind of force that could injure the cat, I don't think there's a problem. I mean, dogs get that treatment all the time and they often love it, and we all know how people often playfully punch each other. It's all good.

RPJesus
10-02-2005, 02:51 PM
They do, just not for others. They're very self-concerned. That's feeling.

Reine
10-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I like cats, but I have only hurt a cat when it went psychotic once, i had to punch it to get it to release my hand. My hand had such deep bite holes, and it went all puffed up for WEEKS. I was reduced to sitting at the office desk and doing the registrations and EFTPOS machines and stuff. I was working at a Boarding Kennels and Cattery place then.

fire_of_avalon
10-02-2005, 03:22 PM
If you're not hitting her hard enough to hurt her, she probably thinks of it as something we would consider a massage. My dog Gypsy likes me to scratch her back really hard.

here for a limited time
10-02-2005, 03:38 PM
not right...

Raistlin
10-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I sometimes "beat" my dog up. But he's half lab/half pitbull, 120-ish pounds. I'd have to punch him pretty damn hard to actually hurt him.

That being sad, cats are often very weird. One of my former cats used to let my aforementioned dog grab him by the scruff of his neck, drag him around the house, and love it (he'd be purring the whole time).

BottledJustice
10-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok, so I'm getting some mixed messages here.

As for how we found out, my brother was rubbing her really fast, she was loving it, and it just kinda happened. Just cup your hands and move them up and down, that's kinda what we do to her. It's so strange. I might put up a pic if I get around to it. :rolleyes2

Oh, and she didn't have an abusive owner, cause we got her from a friend of ours. He's a vet, and she was born there. She was only about 5 months when we got her, so abuse is pretty much out.

Leeza
10-02-2005, 05:06 PM
I'd kill you if you were actually abusing Cleo, but you're not. :) I pat my cats on ocassion as well and they have no problem with it. As long as they know that you're not doing it abusively that is and if they felt that you were they would definitely let you know, and it is almost like a massage.

All of my previous cats loved it and when I got the cats that I have now one did kind of freak out when I first did it because I guess he did think that I was being abusive as he was already three years old and who knows what he's been through. Freaked me out too, but then I did it again by starting out not so hard and once he realized that I wasn't hitting him, he loved it. Sometimes they like the rough petting a lot better than the regular stuff. Cleo is quite normal. :)

RPJesus
10-02-2005, 05:09 PM
My cat is an enormous fat blob. You could poke him with a pitchfork and he'd just sort of wheeze. His name's Cardinal Biggles :D

Leeza
10-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Sounds like one of mine, RPJesus. But he's really quite dainty though. :)

Shoden
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Sounds strange for a cat.

My cat is a nut case, he jumps off the stair banisters, out of windows and attacks people playfully.

My nanna's cat Dumplin is teh best.

He's old but his name explains it all, he's jus a fat blob who wants to be loved.... and fed.

You start stroking him he'll sit there all day, he prefers getting belly rubs or back scratch. He pwnt the other cat who's about 1, he was provoking dumplin who was asleep he just turned round and made a hole in his ear.

Older cats are better, and stranger depending on the age and stuff it may not feel it much. Was it full force you hit it with? slapping cats on the side is more of a wake up call unless used full force and stuff.

Damn I sound like a nerd.

Rengori
10-02-2005, 05:33 PM
My cat is an enormous fat blob. You could poke him with a pitchfork and he'd just sort of wheeze. His name's Cardinal Biggles :D
Sound's like my grandma's cat, Trouble.

Jess
10-02-2005, 06:12 PM
http://www.battlehype.com/emAlbum/funny/fake%20ads/Stella_Wife_Beater.jpg

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/4640/catbeater5we.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The Jamie Star Scenario
10-02-2005, 06:16 PM
On the subject of animal abuse; I go to Sea World and punch the dolphins.

Giga Guess
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
My cat was put on a diet yesterday....he's not OBESE, but he is overweight...

DK
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/4640/catbeater5we.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

xD. <3

Giga Guess
10-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Tot he topic though, naaaah....my cat enjoys hard pats to his tail base...think of it like this....when you get a tattoo, they recommend when it itches, you slap it, rather than scratch it....it achieves the same result, without actually *SCRATCHING* it....it gives a similar sensation........and it's not abuse until you are causing it harm, so put your heart to rest.

escobert
10-02-2005, 06:36 PM
my cats follow me all over the house. They treat me like a god :D wait I am :D:D

Giga Guess
10-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Mine is the house supervisor.

RPJesus
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
my cats follow me all over the house. They treat me like a god :D wait I am :D:DNow, that's a weird cat. Most work the other way around. You're important 'cause you give them food, which is a privelage, apparently.

Leeza
10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
My cats follow me around all the time as well. Just like you would expect dogs to be doing. :cat:

RPJesus
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
My dog follows me about whining, hoping for some company. My cats come to me demanding attention. It's really the same for me, but it's a very different attitude. The dog's just happy to see you, the cats... it just depends how they're feeling, really.

Rengori
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
My cats follow me around all the time as well. Just like you would expect dogs to be doing. :cat:
My dogs used to act like cats, but without all the fur.

Peegee
10-02-2005, 08:06 PM
I think cats respond differently because they aren't used to doing 'tricks' while dogs realise you might be punishing them for doing something...whatever it is.

:(