PDA

View Full Version : Helena by My Chemical Romance

Markus. D
10-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Did or Does anyone like this song.

i think this song is brilliant.

does anyone else think this song is good?

(only say stuff about the song, not about the band)

radyk05
10-02-2005, 06:17 AM
i think that the music video is ridiculous. other than that, it is good.

Miriel
10-02-2005, 06:22 AM
I think the song is whatever, but the music video is awesome.

Probably one of the best music video that features real dancing and not the booty shaking that most music videos contain.

Shoeberto
10-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Probably one of the best music video that features real dancing and not the booty shaking that most music videos contain.
That's what attracted me to the video. The choreography was really great, and was pretty original considering it's in a video for a genre that normally is all moshing and headbanging in the videos.

DMKA
10-02-2005, 08:40 AM
I like the song and the vid.

OMG DMKA LIEKS TEH EMO RADIO SONGS LOL!@@21

Jewels
10-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I also like both the song and video.

Captain Maxx Power
10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Is that the one where they're in World War 2? On a side note, my only regret from /\ that video is that the lead singer doesn't get torn apart by gunfire. That would've made my lifetime.

Rye
10-02-2005, 01:32 PM
I think the song is whatever, but the music video is awesome.

MecaKane
10-02-2005, 01:54 PM
The song is terrible.
The band is horrible.
That dead bitch doing ballet is as much as a gimmic as the macarena. Not to mention the fact that she's dead and looks like a goth freak, to get those messed up individuals watching.

Flamethrower
10-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Is that the one where they're in World War 2? On a side note, my only regret from /\ that video is that the lead singer doesn't get torn apart by gunfire. That would've made my lifetime.

No, that's Ghosts of You I think. Helena is where they are all at a funeral and everybody is dancing around. I thought it was a pretty good video, and the song isn't too bad either.

Cloud No.9
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
mcr are the best band for videos right now. ghost of you, helena and i'm not okay are all brillantly worked and on that basis noone can touch them.

Pure Strife
10-02-2005, 08:45 PM
The song is terrible.
The band is horrible.
That dead bitch doing ballet is as much as a gimmic as the macarena. Not to mention the fact that she's dead and looks like a goth freak, to get those messed up individuals watching.

lol yeh goths r liek soo sto0pid freekz. Still, at least they're not emo.

As for the song/video, it was nice for a while. Now it annoys the piss out of me, not entirely unlike strawberry Poptarts.

Zeldy
10-02-2005, 08:48 PM
I like 'Helena' alot. I love the video too.

crashNUMBERS
10-02-2005, 09:25 PM
I love this song. "Ghost Of You" and "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" are better. But this song still gets a 5/5 by me...

And Kane, lay low on the comments. Your just going to get a bad marking in rep. And they're not gothic. They're emo. It's that easy...

Sephex
10-02-2005, 11:19 PM
The song and the video doesn't do a thing for me. For the record, there is nothing original about the video. I have no idea why people are so amazed by it.

Miriel
10-02-2005, 11:49 PM
The boys and girls in the video were busting out quadruple pirouttes and that impresses me.

Markus. D
10-03-2005, 08:10 AM
i must watch the film clip one day.

sounds "weird awesome".

i ddnt think theyd have danceing other then moshing.

escobert
10-03-2005, 04:21 PM
I <3 this song. Haven't listend to much MCR but, I'm going to start sometime :p

crashNUMBERS
10-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Download "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" and "Ghost Of You"...

Markus. D
10-07-2005, 04:28 AM
ill buy them...not so much download them...

the film clip is "weird cool awesome." :)

kikimm
10-07-2005, 04:35 AM
I just downloaded this song yesterday, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. I don't know why I never listened to them before. I'm liking them.

Also, the music video was cool. I think I'll go watch it again.

Sephiroths Clone
10-07-2005, 10:14 PM
I love all the songs by My Chemical Romance. If you raelly want good ones u should download The Ghost of You and To the End. Both very good songs.

Traitorfish
10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Take a cat. Fill it with beans. Squeeze the beans out, while holding the cat in you armpit (make sure it's stinky!). Then take the cat, stuff it into a trumpet. Then take the trumpet, fill it with ants, and begin beating a group of babies with the ant-cat-pet. While attempting to play the ant-cat-pet. Then, take a recording of this, and use a computer to distort the sound horribly.
You'll have something approaching Helena.
If a little better.

Momiji
10-08-2005, 04:27 AM
I love the song, love the music video, love the band.

I kind of like 'Our Lady of Sorrows' better though.

Marshall Banana
10-08-2005, 04:38 AM
I think 'Helena' was the first song I heard from this band and the only one I can really remember. It's really catchy and was stuck in my head for a while...but I guess I got tired of it pretty quickly. Meh. =/

Angelz*and*Emoz
10-12-2005, 03:21 AM
i LOVE helena
i LOVE mcr
i LOVE that cd! :D :p :) :tongue: :greenie:

Nod
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I really like that tune.
:roll:

Lindy
10-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Take a cat. Fill it with beans. Squeeze the beans out, while holding the cat in you armpit (make sure it's stinky!). Then take the cat, stuff it into a trumpet. Then take the trumpet, fill it with ants, and begin beating a group of babies with the ant-cat-pet. While attempting to play the ant-cat-pet. Then, take a recording of this, and use a computer to distort the sound horribly.
You'll have something approaching Helena.
If a little better.
See, now, not liking a song doesn't equate to it being a bad song, which would be a helpful thing to get into your head.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that it's bad, the same way the world doesn't revolve around you because your mother tells you that you're special.

Markus. D
10-14-2005, 02:26 AM
O_o-o_O

Project G
10-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Helena was written in memory of Gerard and Mikeys Grandmother

fire_of_avalon
10-19-2005, 01:07 AM
I think the video is great. You don't see enough dancing in rock music videos. I don't see how you can say it's unoriginal.

CaZ!
10-19-2005, 01:06 PM
i think its a fab song i love it lots lol

Trumpet Thief
10-21-2005, 03:57 PM
chaos: The song was incredibly catchy. I loved it.

Albedo: The music video definetly fit my tastes. *Laughs maniacally*

GooeyToast
10-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I hate to admit it, but the song is catchy.