PDA

View Full Version : Best FF character

raskerino
10-02-2005, 08:48 PM
There have been a lot of threads around recently about Best ______ for example best monk or ninja. There is also a huge contest of NPC's. Now I haven't been here long but in a few quick searches I didn't see a favorite character thread except one where you eliminate your least favorite, and it was side characters like Brother and Shelinda. So I picked out 4 characters from each game (once they have characters that have names, so no one from FF1 or FF11 (11 for obvious reasons), also there will be no one from FF3 because I've never played it as it hasn't come out in America, if someone wants to supply characters from FFIII that would be great, I've also never played FFTA.

Each game gets four characters; generally the ones that I see being most popular if you don't like who I picked for a group then say so and if a few people agree I'll change it. I'll divide the characters into divisions and announce a division at a time. Because I don't like polls voting works like this; each person gets 10 points to divide between each to characters that face off. You also must give some reasons for who you prefer, it can be short but you have to give a reason, also you should say why you don't like the opposing character, or why you made the match close. If you don't know a character well then don't bet on that round, unless you have to cause you love/hate his opponent in which case say that you're doing that and divide the points 6-4 so it doesn't make a big difference. And try not to give one character a ton of points if you think the opponent is a well done character (8-2 gives one side 4X as many, which is OK but if the opponent is a good character don't do it). And if you see your fave is losing against someone who you like but don't want to win don't say 10-0 it's OK to let them lose.

Here are the characters from each game:

FF2
Firion
Maria D1
Gus
Leon

FF3
If someone tells me some they will be posted

FFIV
Cecil
Kain D1
Rydia
Tellah ("you spoony bard!")

FFV
Bartz
Faris
Galuf
Reina D1

FFVI
Kefka
Locke
Celes
Sabin D1
(no space for terra)

FFVII
Sephiroth D1
Cloud
Tifa
Cid
(sorry Vincent and Yuffie)

FFVIII
Squall
Rinoa D1
Quistis
Laguna (gotta love him)
(I'll be happy to put in Seifer or Zell if people want me to)

FFIX
Zidane D1
Vivi
Kuja
What to do with the last spot; Quina!
(If any Quina haters come he/she can be kicked out)

FFX
Tidus
Rikku (we're using the superior character from X) D1
Yuna (most people like her more here)
Auron
(again this can be changed, but if you want to put a character in say who to switch for)

FFX-2
Paine D1
Lenne/Shuyin (whoever people prefer)
Baralai
Noojie Woojie (Nooj)
(there weren't many characters left so I picked basically at random, once again this can be changed)

FFT
Ramza D1
Delita
Orlandu
Alma
(there weren't that many memorable characters, again this can be changed, I'm getting repetitive)

Right now there are 10 games so to put in FFIII or FFTA I'll need characters from both.

Division 1
Sephiroth (VII) v Maria (II)
Sabin (VI) v Zidane (IX)
Rinoa (VIII) v Reina (V)
Ramza (T) v Rikku (X)
Paine (X-2) v Kain (IV)

So here are my votes:

Sephiroth 9-1 Maria
Sephiroth was done wonderfully well his connections to all the characters and I don't remember Maria having any character.
Sabin 4-6 Zidane
I liked Sabin so I gave him 4 but Zidane was a really fun main character, who really worked well with the feel of IX.
Rinoa 8-2 Reina
I liked Rinoa a bunch, she was a fun lively person and Reina didn't have very much character.
Ramza 3-7 Rikku
Ramza's storyline was well done but his character didn't interest me, Rikku on the other hand was fun, and in X had a great serious side to compliment it.
Paine 4-6 Kain
It rhymes! I never actually have gotten around to playing FFIV but I can't stand Paine that I've argued too much over with Paine lovers to want to argue it here.

So come one come all and vote.

Old Manus
10-02-2005, 09:46 PM
ARGH THE CLONES THEY ARE TAKING OVER I CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE

raskerino
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Oops... my computer was screwing up how do u delete?