PDA

View Full Version : FF6 Remake

Prancing Mad
10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Reading the FF7 remake thing made me think of this. I used to dream that the FF6 remake that they made for playstation was gonna be 3d. I mean, I had visions of Setzer in Kefka's tower running around in his big ol' pimpin' coat. Since it's unlikely they will ever remake FF6, let's dream about what we would want in out remake of FF6, shall we? For me:

3d, with the option of voice-overs or text. And orchestrated versions of the music. Extra ways of actually getting certain characters, like Leo for example, or Banon. Maybe a few extra Superbly difficult boss. Or even better, a difficulty setting that would allow some unlockables of some sorts.

Flying Mullet
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM
No 3D for me. Part of the magic of FFVI is it's 2D awesomeness. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do to beef up the 2D graphics, similar to how Castlevania SotN has really pretty graphics.

Considering the music is already orchestrated and they had to take the quality down to make it work on the SNES I would just want to hear the music at a better quality level.

I also would like the difficulty level increased, along with the Czar Dragon making an appearance, possibly at the end of a super hard bonus dungeon.

And lastly if this was remade it would be best to be remade on a portable system rather than a home console.

ThroneofDravaris
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I would like to see Mog..using a spear 3 times the size of his body...

That and the final battle would look pretty good in 3D...

Bowser
10-03-2005, 07:57 PM
No 3D for me. Part of the magic of FFVI is it's 2D awesomeness. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do to beef up the 2D graphics, similar to how Castlevania SotN has really pretty graphics.

Same here.

KoShiatar
10-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Wait, what about the possible PSP remake they were rumoring about some time ago?

Slothy
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM

Considering the music is already orchestrated and they had to take the quality down to make it work on the SNES I would just want to hear the music at a better quality level.

I also would like the difficulty level increased, along with the Czar Dragon making an appearance, possibly at the end of a super hard bonus dungeon.

And lastly if this was remade it would be best to be remade on a portable system rather than a home console.

Agreed on everything but the handheld idea. I haven't bought a handheld since the Gameboy Color and honestly play handheld games so little that they're a waste of money for me. Although I do think you're right that from a sales perspective, the only way this idea would happen is on a handheld. On consoles they'd be almost guarenteed to do things like 3D and voiceovers (ugh).

ljkkjlcm9
10-04-2005, 01:52 AM
well considering this whole idea of the Square-enix Nintendo port project, it would not surprise me if it comes out for the GBA which I think would actually be a great idea!

THE JACKEL

Rengori
10-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Iff FFVI was remade in 3-D, it would lose some of its former glory since.

Slade
10-04-2005, 03:36 AM
I dont see why everyones bent on remakes of any of the final fantasys. Why pay what would probably be twice as much money for the same game? You already know whats going to happen. Plus as was said before, a remake would lose its former glory. That goes for all the ff's.

But if there ever was a remake then I would like it exactly the same with maybe a couple of new summons, weapons and places to visit. Oh and the movie scenes a part of the game instead of just some thing you earn at the end.

DJZen
10-04-2005, 04:28 AM
If they DID remake it I would want them to crank up the graphics to the highest possible level. What this means essentially is that I'd want 2D full screen animation all the time. Enemies would be fully and fluidly animated during battle scenes (think Xenogears only higher quality), Espers would have ENTIRELY NEW animations, the opera scene would be fully orchestrated and vocalized as well as feature completely unique to the scenario animations, characters would actually move while standing still in battle (a non-static fighting stance, again, think Xenogears), and everything that was previously broken should be re-done. Kefka needs to be stronger, the 8 dragons need to be stronger, desperation attacks need to do more damage, and they need to generally re-adjust the balance of the game. If they didn't do that, I think nothing more than a straight port of the game should be done.

PS: Oh, and a script correction to fix the censorship and blatant Woolsey-isms.

PPS: No, I'm NOT jumping on the Woolsey bashing bandwagon. His script was VERY good, but I think American audiences are ready to handle names like "Catoblepas" and "Lakshmi".

PPPS: On second though, most Americans would probably get all up in arms about the Esper named "Jihad", people tend to be stupid about things like that.

nik0tine
10-04-2005, 09:00 AM
On second though, most Americans would probably get all up in arms about the Esper named "Jihad", people tend to be stupid about things like that.Unless they called it Crusader, then it would be acceptable. After all, it's okay for Christians to kill Muslims, but not vice-versa.

Crossblades
10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
If anything, I would like to see FF VII, VIII, and IX re-released in 2D for the GBA :)

KoShiatar
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
I'd love to see Amano designes standing out more than ever. Kinda like in Kartia, but better.

So-Luna
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Reading the FF7 remake thing made me think of this. I used to dream that the FF6 remake that they made for playstation was gonna be 3d. I mean, I had visions of Setzer in Kefka's tower running around in his big ol' pimpin' coat. Since it's unlikely they will ever remake FF6, let's dream about what we would want in out remake of FF6, shall we? For me:

3d, with the option of voice-overs or text. And orchestrated versions of the music. Extra ways of actually getting certain characters, like Leo for example, or Banon. Maybe a few extra Superbly difficult boss. Or even better, a difficulty setting that would allow some unlockables of some sorts.

I THINK IT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* to bad it's not gonna happen :crying2:

DJZen
10-04-2005, 11:29 PM
If anything, I would like to see FF VII, VIII, and IX re-released in 2D for the GBA :)

You know, I'm actually not opposed to that idea at all...

Rengori
10-04-2005, 11:39 PM

3 CARTRIDGE GAMES????? OMG!

crashNUMBERS
10-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Id like to see a remake of FFIX...

Slade
10-05-2005, 07:38 AM

Yeah. Actually that would be quite interesting........

ljkkjlcm9
10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
It's a dream come true.... FFV and FFVI are going to be released for the GBA, just like FFIV this winter, they're set for sometime next year.... that's awesome, so when FFIII DS comes out I'll have FFI-VI portable! Oh how I've wished for that day!

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
10-05-2005, 05:04 PM
FFVI will be portable. *orgasms*

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/100505a.html

Strider
10-05-2005, 08:19 PM
They certainly know how to play on nostalgia. *pre-orders*

crashNUMBERS
10-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah. If anyone's wondering why FFIX should have a sequel...

EDIT: Nevermind. Too big. Here's a link instead...

Warmech (http://warmech.net/special/awards/awards.html)

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Remake 8!!! Remake 8!!! Remake 8!!! Remake 8!!! Remake 8!!!

Remake 6? *gags*.....oh, no.........*splatter*........ one Version was enough.....

(although if it was remade as 3D i don't think it would be too bad, worth a bit of nausea but not spontaneous vomiting......)

crashNUMBERS
10-05-2005, 09:06 PM
VI > VIII

blackmage_nuke
10-06-2005, 02:03 PM
i wanna see them remake that opera scene... i wanna see what happens next!!:(

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I imagine it'll be part of the new version of FFVI.

JFA_bobguy
10-06-2005, 07:54 PM
You don't take the Mona Lisa and re-paint it with newer paint techniques and colors. That's why I have become anti-FF remakes. (Okay, FF is hardly comparable to these sorts of things. I was just trying to draw a comparison.)

ThroneofDravaris
10-06-2005, 08:03 PM
VI > VIII

6 is greater than 8?!

ARGH! Everything I was ever taught about mathematics was a lie!

Crossblades
10-06-2005, 11:04 PM

Yeah. Actually that would be quite interesting........

Wow :eek:

I didn't think anyone liked my idea

It would be really interesting though. It will give gamers that old school feel :cool:

crashNUMBERS
10-06-2005, 11:21 PM
VI > VIII

6 is greater than 8?!

:lol::laugh::lol::lol:

LMAO

Winner..
Heh

Rengori
10-07-2005, 12:48 AM
VI > VIII

6 is greater than 8?!

:lol::laugh::lol::lol:

LMAOWe figured.

Slothy
10-07-2005, 01:35 AM
I'd love to see Amano designes standing out more than ever. Kinda like in Kartia, but better.

You know, I never really thought about it before, but that's a brilliant idea if you ask me. Just make the whole freaking game look like Amano's art and I'd probably die from the pure joy of the whole experience.

KoShiatar
10-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Me too, that's why I said so. I'd just drool all over the place.
Amano himself said FF VI was one of his most significative - the most significative, I dare to say - experiences with game design. Back in the Super Famicom days, it was the FF game who showed his work better than ever before.

DJZen
10-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Is "significative" a word?

Elite Lord Sigma
10-07-2005, 11:22 PM
I've never played FFVI, or any FF other than I and II. So I'm stoked about the remakes Nintendo's doing with FFIII through FFVI. FFIII's going to be on the DS though. They're 3D'ing the graphics for FFIII, so maybe they could do that for IV, V, and VI, but that's not likely, seeing how those three are on the GBA as opposed to the DS... :mad:

ljkkjlcm9
10-07-2005, 11:26 PM
I honestly feel they're remaking FFIII DS into 3d for two main reasons, one, to get the response from people who played the original and if they like how the graphics have been changed and if it stayed true to the original in case sometime later they do decide to do that, and two, it's being released in the US and it never has before so no matter how it's presented it'll be a "new" game to American fans of the FF series... unless of course they used an emulator which they aren't supposed to do anyways...

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
10-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I imagine they're partially remaking FFIII as a 3D game to gauge the power of the DS, similar to the tech demos of FFVI for the N64 and FFVII for the PS3.

Dreddz
10-07-2005, 11:41 PM
I would love a FFVI remake, but I would loathe it if it sucked....

GooeyToast
10-07-2005, 11:53 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70269

I was right! :cool:

ljkkjlcm9
10-08-2005, 02:56 AM

except about V being for the DS it's also for the GBA, only III is for the DS

THE JACKEL

GooeyToast
10-08-2005, 02:58 AM

except about V being for the DS it's also for the GBA, only III is for the DS

THE JACKAL

Ah, I think I meant to say III there.

~*~Celes~*~
10-10-2005, 10:53 PM
So there's a VI remake? Sweetness ^^ I'll have to check that out ^^

~*~Celes~*~

Swifthom
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
No theres, not... Is there?

This is confusing, I thought there was an FFVI port with added features being made, not a remake???

Flying Mullet
11-03-2005, 06:47 PM
"port with added features" and "remake" tend to get interchanged a lot when people talk about it.

Swifthom
11-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I wish they wouldn't....
It just leads to more general confusion later on, and it's not any BIG changes...

The graphics in Dawn of Souls were only marginally better than the PS ones and the extra features were optional. Assuming FF IV, V and VI follow a simmilar patern, their really not remakes, nothing's been remade just improvements added on.