PDA

View Full Version : Know what would be awesome?

edczxcvbnm
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
To see all the sea creatures reaction if you had dropped a flash bang grenade at the lowest point in the ocean where there is next to no light. I bet all the fish would freakout and start running into each other because they would probably be instantly blinded for the rest of their life! :laugh:

I just can't stop laughing when thinking about their reactions.

RPJesus
10-03-2005, 06:40 PM
There bodies aren't used to light and so they'd probably all burst or something. Which would be cool, actually.

Leeza
10-03-2005, 07:08 PM
The creatures that far down are already blind. :cat:

Laugh at face of Danger
10-03-2005, 07:10 PM
*FLASH*

fish go BANG

i like it, lets do it!

CaZ!
10-03-2005, 07:21 PM
i love it its beautiful :D

edczxcvbnm
10-03-2005, 07:25 PM

We don't know that for sure. They do have eyes. Why would they have eyes if they are blind?

Dreddz
10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
If we move all the Sataliette radars underwater, then all the radio waves will go underwater and give all the fish cancer.....

ShivaBlizzard8
10-03-2005, 07:40 PM
But if they are blinded by your flash grenade, wouldn't the infinate darkness of blindness be the same as the infinate darkness of the ocean floor?

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Leviathan is not blind and he lives deep in the sea *hugs Leviathan* Before anyone says anything, Leviathan is real! Okay maybe I am a bit insane...a little bit...BTW wouldn't deep sea fish have no eyes for they would be useless?

Raistlin
10-03-2005, 07:41 PM

We don't know that for sure. They do have eyes. Why would they have eyes if they are blind?
I don't know, but one possibility is that their eyes could react to something besides light. Such as heat.

edczxcvbnm
10-03-2005, 08:14 PM
I think the amount of light that the Flash Bang gives off would end up heating up the water around it enough to drive the fish just as insane.

Destai
10-03-2005, 08:27 PM
:smash:

Traitorfish
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Would the grenade actually work? Even if it did, most creatures down there are blind. Not all though- like that freaky spiky-teeth-lamp-on-head-fish dude. You know, the one in... Finding... Nemo... with the mask... and they... in the dark... and... err... um... :sweat:

Laugh at face of Danger
10-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Angler fish?

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Hmm, blowing up fish sounds like fun. I kinda want to blow up the one we have at home. You see it's about thirteen/fourteen years old. It outlived both it's previous owners, and now we have it. I believe the fish to be evil! And it will kill its every owner! Hang on it now belongs to my mum's boyfriend.. hmm, good little fishie.

edczxcvbnm
10-03-2005, 09:12 PM
A flash bang grenade wouldn't blow up any fish and I am pretty sure it could work. The only draw back would be the intense pressure.

I don't think most fish down there are blind. Many have an internal light to attract other fish to their doom. Either way it would create some havok.

Strider
10-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Then we'd have to worry about giant squids coming to the surface.

Actually, that would be pretty cool.

Dignified Pauper
10-03-2005, 10:19 PM
I'd like to note that the bottom of the oceans are generally much hotter than the middle depth. This is because of high geological activity and VERY THIN crust.

Also, I belive that there is light in some areas because of underwater magma pools that gently illuminate some small areas of the ocean floors.

rubah
10-03-2005, 11:32 PM
the things themselves glow down there.

but yeah, they probably can't sense light anyways.

Captain Maxx Power
10-03-2005, 11:35 PM
To see all the sea creatures reaction if you had dropped a flash bang grenade at the lowest point in the ocean where there is next to no light. I bet all the fish would freakout and start running into each other because they would probably be instantly blinded for the rest of their life! :laugh:

I just can't stop laughing when thinking about their reactions.

You're a genius. We need more people like you (not too many mind, otherwise it'd make the currently smart people look more stupid by comparison).

ZeZipster
10-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Y'know before I read this thread I had no purpose in life. But now I do. I will become rich enough to buy a submarine able to submerge deep enough to drop a timed flash bang grenade at the lowest point in the ocean.

bipper
10-03-2005, 11:37 PM
What do we mean they are all blind, there are fish that those antena dingamabobs (actuall scientific word too :D ) that glow, so that other fish would be attracted to their light, and bam...

Watch finding nemo, and educate yourselves ;P
:p
Bipper

Sasquatch
10-03-2005, 11:42 PM
"...good feeling gone."

Yeah, Angler Fish.

Some other fish actually illuminate themselves. Many of the fish down there are nearly transparent.

bipper
10-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Transparent fish! Here tha bill gates, the fish are a step up from you ms paint :p

Rye
10-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Y'know before I read this thread I had no purpose in life. But now I do. I will become rich enough to buy a submarine able to submerge deep enough to drop a timed flash bang grenade at the lowest point in the ocean.

xD

Shlup
10-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Dear edczxcvbnm,

The pot is bad. Please don't smoke it anymore.

Sincerily,
ShlupQuack

udsuna
10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
Angler fish don't live at "the deepest part of the ocean". They live on the continental shelves. "deepest part of the ocean" has fish that are more worm than anything. They can't see.... and you couldn't drop a flash-grenade on them, it'd be crushed in the presure.

Primus Inter Pares
10-04-2005, 09:26 AM
The word "no" comes to mind.

nik0tine
10-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Dear edczxcvbnm,

Sincerily,
ShlupQuack
Sounds like good pot to me.

edczxcvbnm
10-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Dear edczxcvbnm,

Sincerily,
ShlupQuack

If I did smoke it would help to explain a lot of things. SOOOO MAN THINGS :cry:

Psychotic
10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
It's not as awesome as free money, but it's more awesome than watching a squirrel fall off a tree and just lie there, twitching.

Destai
10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Dear edczxcvbnm,

Sincerily,
ShlupQuackxp *steals*

Shoden
10-04-2005, 04:26 PM
depends, the grenade isn't that big anyway and since it's all packed and stuff pressure wouldn't have much effect.

What you need is a Holy hand grenade seletaped to flash bang and nerve gas grenade and watch them set off similtaneously.

The Jamie Star Scenario
I bet they wouldn't care. They would probably laugh and say something along the lines of "Those silly humans! Only recently have the harnessed the power of light while we, the fish, have been using bioluminescence for æons." And then they'd probably write a play.

Kijunaa
They can't see.... and you couldn't drop a flash-grenade on them, it'd be crushed in the presure.

Damn. Beaten.

There's still PETA. It's not really worth that. =(

Captain VooDoo
10-04-2005, 05:08 PM

They do have eyes, just in there butts

-N-
10-04-2005, 08:43 PM
It's not as awesome as free money, but it's more awesome than watching a squirrel fall off a tree and just lie there, twitching.I saw that happen at Stanford once. It was alright. I took a picture, but it's gone.

crashNUMBERS
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
That <I>would</I> be awsome. All down the abyss and crap. That would be pretty cool...

Vincent69
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
i say we give it a go and see how many fish we can kill in the process and those that live will be under shock and terror for thr rest of there insagnificant lifes knowing that we are one step closer to killing all of them muhahahahah (evil laugh)

Hawkeye
10-05-2005, 03:12 PM
How about we just nuke the hell out of them?

Laugh at face of Danger
10-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I dont want to eat radioactive fish, thanks :mad2:

edczxcvbnm
10-05-2005, 07:12 PM
A nuke would be awesome. Or better yet how about a huge sound bomb. The sound waves flying through the water would kill fish for miles if the sound was loud enough. That could be even sweeter.

Laugh at face of Danger
10-05-2005, 07:40 PM
think of the repercussions on earth, fellow dudes!

lol (omfklejvn i just said lol)

annslow41
10-05-2005, 10:53 PM
what would be cool is to take a fish from teh very bottom of the deepest part of teh ocean, and take it out of the water....

think about it....

millions of tons of water on them down there, yet they still live... take away all that pressure and they'll explode from the inside out

wonder what that would look like.........

Loony BoB
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Maybe they'll get that thing where they see spots, like when you look at a bulb and then you look away and there's a coloured spot in your vision. So they'd just be annoyed or something. Maybe. Maybe they would destroy your mind with mutant telepathic powers unknown to mankind.

theundeadhero
10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Stupid fish, always after me with their mind powers.