PDA

View Full Version : I felt so dirty...

Cipher
10-04-2005, 04:26 AM
...when I went into the FFIX forum. Had horrible flashbacks of spending 40 bucks for that game, and then realizing how incredibly crappy it was.

It was like being made to watch a seven-week marathon of Flipper.

Guys, I'm so traumatized it isn't funny. :cry:

DJZen
10-04-2005, 04:30 AM
You know, this is just going to be moved to the FFIX forum anyway...

rubah
10-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Because of my sympathy, I will refrain from, at this time, moving it to the ff9 forum.

Cipher
10-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Eh. I didn't feel like getting flamed by the four people that actually liked the game. =/ No matter, bring it, I say!

DJZen
10-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Okay, so what didn't you like about the game? Please use proper English, and please refrain from using the word "gay" or any variant thereof.

Cipher
10-04-2005, 05:21 AM
Actually, I can guarantee you that I won't disrespect the forum by using the same adjectives as my four-year old nephew. :D

Why didn't I love, like, or even tolerate FFIX? Honestly, it was a whole range of things. The main reason being that I expected a game similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, in terms of plot depth. It felt so linear, so non-FF that I got the feeling that the writers didn't even bother to try.

Case in point: this is a somewhat geeky thing to do, but I have a tendency of getting the script to all the Final Fantasy games and reading through, just as you would a book. It was when I was reading the scripts that I realized that it's actually a plausible thing to do. These games could have just as easily been bestseller Fantasy books. Maybe not James Patterson, but with enough of a twisting plot to throw a surprise or two your way when you least expect it.

After I played through FF9, I was so stunned by the simplicity that I immediately read the script through, thinking that I had perhaps missed something. But nope. Just as bland as ever. So yes, this game disappointed me the most in its so-called Storyline.

Final Fantasy IX also was purported to have a unique battle system. Incorrect. They should have stuck with Materia. Or even the Draw system (which I found too repetitive for words).

The only character that had depth...that made me actually care was Vivi. Made me want to reach out and give him a hug, you know. But the other characters...meh. I'm guessing that they put all their creative talent into creating the boy mage.

Anyway. Feel free to offer a rebuttal. I left out examples because I didn't want to put spoilers in here, in the off chance that someone either playing FFIX or plans to play stumbles across this thread.

Lon611
10-04-2005, 05:39 AM
i thot that ix's simplicity was a breath of fresh air. it allowed the writer's to take a different approach instead of the "dramatic" storylines. also, ix was supposed to, in a way, tie all the ff storylines together with references and allusions and such. its hard to make a complex work of art using puzzle pieces.

and i felt that yes, the only character in the beginning was vivi, but by the end, so were steiner, dagger, and zidane.

Lynx
10-04-2005, 05:57 AM
i cant belive so many people dont like FFIX i thought it was one of the best final fantasy's.

there was a few things in FFIX that i thought made it better then others.
1. they didnt use high technology like in FFVII or FFVIII and were still able to make good scenes.

2. they brought back the crystal theme. the original final fantasys were focused around the crystals in 6 they turned into espers basically and in 7 materia and 8 i guess the draw points. but 9 they brought back the crystals but were different then the original FF's crystals.

3. Zidane was just so cool. he was easy going instead of up tight like so many other FF characters.

4. the FMV's were awesome and not just the bahamut and alexander one. all of them were cool in there own way.

5. the story was awesome. easy to follow with a great ending. with some interesting twists in the story.

and thats just a few of many great things. i suggest you replay the game and realize what a great game it is.

Dreddz
10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I think FFIX is one of the best, whats there not to like.....

Chris
10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I totally agree! How the smurf could someone hate this game?

Shooting Star
10-05-2005, 06:54 PM
I know! What's they to hate about it?? I mean he has a tail man a tail!!(By the way if you didn't know i like monkeys! :monkey: )All the characters are great you can't hate them.Well i admit some of them are a bit boring like Amarant but they others are great! :D

Ohhh
10-05-2005, 07:01 PM
XD
well i agree with you, FF9 most definetely the worst out of the whole series and probably (hopefully!!!) always will be

Chris
10-05-2005, 07:24 PM
You suck! :(

Old Manus
10-05-2005, 08:55 PM
OMFG U NOOB Y U NOT LIEK FF9 IT IS THE BSET GEAME EVAR I H8 U NOW 4 SAYEN THAT U NOOB IT HAS KWL STUF LK VIIV N DAGER R LIEK RELYT SEXAH N ITS JUST KEWL HWO CAN U SAYE THIS R RUBISH I BET U HAEVNT EVEN GOT 2 DISK 2 YE I BET U DIDNT COS U NOT DETREMINED 2 DO IT N IF U DUN LIEK IT LEEVE THIS PLASE LIEK THE NOOB U R

:cool:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-05-2005, 09:08 PM
When I first got a playstation the firts game i bought was FF9. I HATED IT!!!!!!! It took FF7, 8, and 10 to kick me into my state of obsession...

kikimm
10-06-2005, 12:29 AM
I didn't like it either, although my problem had more to do with the battle system than anything else. Although I wasn't exactly fond of the storyline either. The characters did nothing for me; there was only one or two that I liked, which sucks, cause they're a huge part of liking the game for me (and for others, I'm sure).

Also the music wasn't as good. Which isn't a big deal at all, but when I already don't like a game, it will only bring it further down. :cool:

XxSephirothxX
10-06-2005, 12:31 AM
I don't see how you can say FFIX is more linear than X. It has a focused story, but early on in the game you can still go off and explore if you want. It's not as open-ended as, say, VI, but I don't think it's much more linear than the majority of the games. The Final Fantasy series has always been pretty story-driven and linear, unlike games such as Morrowind. And, while the plot might not have been overly sophisticated, what it did do was develop all of the characters. They grew, changed, and interacted in far more real way than is presented in other entries in the series. Plus the writing was fantastic--far and away better than any other Final Fantasy game. And as for the battle system...it's wasn't really meant to be original, so much as a throwback to the old systems. It's probably the most-criticized element of the game, and I loved it, but I can see why people wouldn't enjoy it. The thing was a bit too slow for my taste.

G SpOtZ
10-06-2005, 12:56 AM
best to worst
1)ffvii
2)ffviii
3)ffvi
4)ffix
5)ffiv
6)ffx
7)ffv

somewhere below the worst game ever.....) ffx-2

Beclem
10-06-2005, 07:13 AM
I can see why some don't like it. The character's didn't have much depth, and the characters are really what make a good game. Lets take a look at the characters again;

Zidane - an obnoxious monkey boy who wants to get in Garnet's panties. Great role model that.

Vivi - Compulsive depressive little boy, I'm suprised he didn't commit suicide by the end of the game.

Steiner - OK, he wants to protect Garnet. Does he even have a personality of his own!?

Freya - What is the point of her? I found Sir Fratley more interesting, and he only appeared in the game for a few minutes.

Garnet - Eye candy. Other than that, bland character.

Quina - Big fat retard.

Eiko - Probably the best character.

Amarant - Sent as a bounty hunter, can't even remember why he joins the team, can't say I really care either. Pointless character.

The best characters are the ones that aren't in it much, such as Beatrix, Lani, Tantalus.

DMKA
10-06-2005, 07:57 AM
the four people that actually liked the game.
ALOT of people like it, believe it or not. I didn't like it, then played it again about five years later and loved it. You should try it.

crazybayman
10-06-2005, 02:30 PM
I totally agree! How the smurf could someone hate this game? For sure. A great throwback to the oldies (FF1 - FF6)

XD
well i agree with you, FF9 most definetely the worst out of the whole series and probably (hopefully!!!) always will beNever, as long as the filth that is FFX-2 exists.

OMFG U NOOB Y U NOT LIEK FF9 IT IS THE BSET GEAME EVAR I H8 U NOW 4 SAYEN THAT U NOOB IT HAS KWL STUF LK VIIV N DAGER R LIEK RELYT SEXAH N ITS JUST KEWL HWO CAN U SAYE THIS R RUBISH I BET U HAEVNT EVEN GOT 2 DISK 2 YE I BET U DIDNT COS U NOT DETREMINED 2 DO IT N IF U DUN LIEK IT LEEVE THIS PLASE LIEK THE NOOB U R

:cool:word.

And, while the plot might not have been overly sophisticated, what it did do was develop all of the characters. They grew, changed, and interacted in far more real way than is presented in other entries in the series. Plus the writing was fantastic--far and away better than any other Final Fantasy game.Yes. The script is by far superior to FF8 and FF9, even FFX.

Zidane - an obnoxious monkey boy who wants to get in Garnet's panties. I thought this was fantastic! Quite hilarious, he was much more "real" than any other hero. He's a young single guy, there's a hot girl his age there, why not constantly hit on her and try to get in her pants? Most other confident, hero's would. A great breath of fresh air to the seriousness of Squall and Cloud, both who constantly ignore the presence, and even blatant flirting of females. (WTF?!?!?!?)

Steiner - OK, he wants to protect Garnet. Does he even have a personality of his own!?True, I found him quite annoying. A moron.

Quina - Big fat retard. :p gotta agree with you here. Not even funny. So I don't use him/her/it in my party unless I have to.

However the rest of the characters I really enjoyed.

I'm on my first playthrough right now, and its fantastic. I like the seriousness involved with FFVII, FFVIII and FFX, but this is a great breath of fresh air, and a great throwback to the earlier FFs.

Karl
10-06-2005, 04:37 PM
40 bucks? i got it a few days after it was released for 30 :Oo:

Karl
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
I totally agree! How the smurf could someone hate this game? For sure. A great throwback to the oldies (FF1 - FF6)

XD
well i agree with you, FF9 most definetely the worst out of the whole series and probably (hopefully!!!) always will beNever, as long as the filth that is FFX-2 exists.
true, also, i think im like the only one who thinks this but i think ff11 was kinda lame, online only, imo ff was not made for online play, online play cant follow any storyline at all, its all crap and was a hell of an upset for me, if they were to make a game like ff11 i think it should have been ffonline instead of being included into the series, i mean come on, crystal cronicles and tactics were excluded, why not that peice of crap?

anyway thats just my opinion

KoShiatar
10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
I can see why you don't like it. I love it, but I won't flame you. Why? Because we all have individual taste and that's what makes the world beautiful.
Anyway, you complain with simplicity and linearity, but I found that simplicity very appealing. You know; I started playing this game just after finishing FF VII and I was tired of "mental" stuff. So FF IX was like a refreshing wave for me. But I also enjoyed madly what plot twists there were to it.
And I loved its humour. When Quina and Vivi got married I was laughing like a retard. Even more whenever Quina ate something.
I agree with Vivi being the best, most developed character.
Zidane and Garnet are rather stereotyped, Amarant almost has no personality at all, and Quina is a spoof (but her purpose is just to make people laugh, once you realize that, where's the problem? She even isn't a mandatory character.)
But don't forget Freija.

As you can see, there is a lot to discuss...anyway, which games did you like? Just for curiosity....

Zidane_Tribal
10-12-2005, 08:18 PM
IX is by far one of the best final fantasy games in my opinion. i mean i pretty much loved everything about this game, im glad they didnt have the draw points like they did in VIII.

and as far as my least favorite..definately X-2..how can u think thats better than IX?!?!?

Ultima Shadow
10-12-2005, 08:31 PM
How dissapointing! When I saw the title "I felt so dirty..." I thought this thread was about some old pedophile being turned on by Garnet!

*sigh* Oh, well... :(

GunbladeMaster
10-12-2005, 09:21 PM
eiko can turn u on maybe but not garnet.
I MEAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD EIKOS LITTLE EH "DRESS" SHOWS THINGS!

http://www.doupe.cz/vaulty/finalfantasy/pictures/ff9eikof.jpg

loza
10-13-2005, 07:54 AM
...when I went into the FFIX forum. Had horrible flashbacks of spending 40 bucks for that game, and then realizing how incredibly crappy it was.

It was like being made to watch a seven-week marathon of Flipper.

Guys, I'm so traumatized it isn't funny. :cry:

well at least u played the game... a true FF player :p
personaly i don't see what was wrong with it but my auntie gave the game to me 4 free :D

Hellza
10-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Ah, I loved this game verry much. Really i cant quite understand some of your opinions.
I dunno who said it, But you think FF( didnt have verry deep characters? Your jokeing right? ff9 had some of the best, most developed, and strongest personalaties in a final fantasy game yet. That is one of the most dominate features of the game. So i think your way off base saying that was it's main problem. I love ff7 but look at it's characters? You have this shadey character vincent. You dont learn ANYTHING about him other then a few minor points. Then you have the shadey character vivi. Who you learn alot about. And who has a strong personalaty and is great to play with. You learn all sorts of things about him and his people. Then cloud and squall? they are bland. They just think in their heads alot. And have no feelings or expressions. Cid? oh yeah, hes some guy who likes airships and space and the highwind. VERRY in depth? -.- On ff9 if somebody is a loner and quiet and boring like amarant they have reasons for it. And its expressed why in their personalaties and characters.

And some other things to the topic starter:
You thought the battle system wasnt so well done? and you liked materia and draw? I enjoyed the materia system yes. But compared to ff9 its crap.
Final fantasy 9 actuly allows you to customize a party in order to beat certain monsters and bosses. With ff7 all you get is some blank slates. Wich you can do whatever you want to. They dont learn any spells. They arnt unique in any way shape or forum. Every character is the same as the next in battle. They can all just equip some certain materias and be exactly like the guy next to him. It's just plain and boring. ff9 allows you to customize an entire party. Making you use a wider variety of the playable characters. Useing each of their own specific atributes to better yourself in battle. The battle system is way more in depth than any other final fantasy ive seen.
Also. May i ask, have you even played the entire game through? You might have read some scrip but thats nonsense. If you played the other ff games all the way through and then read their scripts you apreciate them. And you see all the different places and watch the story unfold as a story in your head. But if you didnt take the time to even finish ff9 all the way through you cant judge its story. It was verry compelling and well thought out. Maby you should play all the way through the game instead of just reading some script.

all in all i think this was the best final fantasy ever made. And ive beten the other ones several times too (ff7 28 times through and through)
And i think in order to say something bad about the game. You must have played it from start to finish. And played it with an open mind (not sitting there with a bad look on your face perposly trying to trash every single thing in your head since you dont do that with the other ff's) dont judge a book by its cover. Or in this case, the first part of disc 1. for alot of the story is slowly unfolding until the third and fourth discs where it explodes.

Kingdom Hearts Fanatic
10-14-2005, 02:34 AM
Yep. Although I've stated this many times and people ask what's my age and my sexual orientation. Sad really, that while there are people who can justify their opinions for their dislike of this game, it has it's fair share of idiots that scream ''iT's gEhy!11'' and ''dIs GAmE Iz 4 liTTLEZ kidz!!111 LOL!!1''. However, it's the same case with another FF game as well.

:(

Necronopticous
10-14-2005, 02:42 AM
I MEAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD EIKOS LITTLE EH "DRESS" SHOWS THINGS!She's wearing tights, but she still lolilicious.

Leprechaun_boy3
10-14-2005, 04:06 AM
I myself thought this to be one of if not the best Final Fantasy game. If you're looking for a Fianl Fantasy game to hate why won't some bad talk 8? It has horrible battle system, horrible unique system, th "Junction" you had to find items to make weapons but only after getting magazines, there was draw points instead of actually magic and mp. They even called summons a guardian force! Now I must say, "Guardian Forces" is the most moronic name ever created and sounds like something out of power rangers. The worst parts though being how your garden flies around the world map, and it turns out that all the characters are old childhood friends as orphans when they were like 6 years old and the stupid sorceress was their nannyor there also being the alternate characters with Laguna who like all the other chqaracters other then Seifer has a stupid name and is a stupid character. Now I'm sorry to anyone who actually did like Fianl Fnatasy 8 over 9 because then you would have to have the worst sense of good games in the entire world!

Skyblade
10-14-2005, 04:17 AM
I myself thought this to be one of if not the best Final Fantasy game. If you're looking for a Fianl Fantasy game to hate why won't some bad talk 8? It has horrible battle system, horrible unique system, th "Junction" you had to find items to make weapons but only after getting magazines, there was draw points instead of actually magic and mp. They even called summons a guardian force! Now I must say, "Guardian Forces" is the most moronic name ever created and sounds like something out of power rangers. The worst parts though being how your garden flies around the world map, and it turns out that all the characters are old childhood friends as orphans when they were like 6 years old and the stupid sorceress was their nannyor there also being the alternate characters with Laguna who like all the other chqaracters other then Seifer has a stupid name and is a stupid character. Now I'm sorry to anyone who actually did like Fianl Fnatasy 8 over 9 because then you would have to have the worst sense of good games in the entire world!

You kind of miss the point, don't you? If you want to bad mouth FFVIII, you should do it in the FFVIII forum. This is the FFIX forum, so leave the FFVIII talk out of it.

What's more, you should try to bitch a little more intelligently. Just because you don't like a few things doesn't mean that they're terrible or that people who like them have bad taste in games. The only point you've made that is even slightly valid is the rant about the Junction system (which was terrible, especially if you like magic). Also, as to your point about the GFs, so what? They are called Eidolons in this game (note: eidolon: an image without real existence; phantom, apparition). So calling them non existent is preferible to calling them Guardian Forces? They've had different names in several of the games, and that is hardly a game ruining point. Heck, they were just Materia in FFVII, not even real entities!

Also, what's wrong with secondary characters? You don't seem to have a problem with Marcus, Blank, Cinna, or Beatrix. Hypocrite.

Now then, if you like to add anything about FFIX (y'know, the forum you're posting in right now), feel free. If you want to keep bitching about FFVIII, you can go make a thread like this in the FFVIII forum (that's right, making threads like this is allowed, no matter how much you bitch at him for doing it).

crazybayman
10-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Looks like this enlightened n00b can judge if someone has good or bad taste (and the worst taste in the world, at that!), merely from whether they like a game or not. That's quite a talent. :rolleyes2

And yes, this sort of rant belongs in the FFVIII section, where you would probably find countless arguments against your points, which were highlighted by:

OMG GUARDIAN FORCE WAHT A STUPID NAME LOL ANYONE WHO LIKES TIHS GAEM HAS TEH WORST TASTE IN GAMES IN TEH ENTIRE WORLD LOL

That's just lame.

GunbladeMaster
10-14-2005, 03:58 PM

looks around-left,right
**DAGGERS!!!!**
:eek:
u didnt see annnnnnnnnnnnything....

kratos_GoS
10-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Quina - Big fat retard.

How dare you

Quindiana Jones
11-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Steiner - OK, he wants to protect Garnet. Does he even have a personality of his own!?

wh-wh-what? true, steiner doesnt have a personality, but thats not an accident! hes a knight, and if you wait at the start he's in "Dilemma - Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?". He's the righteous one that gets ordered around and changes. He's on of the ones who you can see change.

But still...he's not my favourite character.

Also the music wasn't as good. Which isn't a big deal at all, but when I already don't like a game, it will only bring it further down. :cool:
once again i say wh-wh-what? the music in ff9 is the best music of them all! i love it so much i've just bought the damn soundtrack for £27...ow my pocket. but still.

anyone who thinks ff9 couldnt be more wrong, they could try, but they wouldnt succeed :D

crazybayman
11-02-2005, 01:55 PM
I did really enjoy this game, but looking back on it, there were a few things that annoyed me.

The main thing that annoyed me was the skill system. It was great that you equipped different armour and weapons to learn skills, but I still have no idea what the hell a lot of the skills and abilities are for. Like Locomotion for instance. And why on earth you needed Man Eater to be effective against humans, and Stone Killer to be effective against those enemies, and bird killer, and bug killer, and devil killer, and so on.

My point is, is that there were too many different skills, and no obvious ingame explanation for them (unless I missed something). And healer, and gamble defense, for instance. They sound obvious, but I didn't see them make any difference. As well, how do you use Mug?

As well, while there was a nice, light, la-ti-da feel to the game, I found the music to be a little too silly. I'm back playing FFVI now, and the even though it's a 16 bit game, the music is by far better in my opinion. It gives you a better feel to the game's setting. Some of the music in FFIX was just strange, like Linblum Castle's music. It just didn't set the atmosphere for me.

As well, I found the Trance mode to be pretty pointless. They rarely ever went into trance for me. Sometimes they did, but at the very end of a fight, and at which point I didn't get to do much with it, anyways. And even then, there wasn't anything drastically different about Garnet's and Steiner's trances when in effect, either. Zidane's were different, but really not that eye catching, where he runs up and slashes the hell out of the enemies, unlike Squall's Lionheart, Tidus' Blitz Ace, Cloud's different limit breaks, Zell's dual, etc. I didn't even get trance activated enough to see all of Zidane's different moves.

However, the ending FMV was amazing, the game had a great storyline, and the world was beautiful. I found just flying around in the airship, looking at the lush landscape to be enjoyable. As well, the game script was great, in that the characters seemed to have more personality than say FFVIII, for instance. And the battle system was great, too.

But I guess, I would have liked to have seen the skill system, trance and the music to be done differently. Well, the skill system itself was neat, but there were just too many different, obscure skills. And I found I could never have enough skills equipped with the need for more ore slots.

Anyways, while I liked this game, I figured I'd add what I didn't like, to keep consistent with this topic.

ffx-2 <3er
03-19-2006, 11:25 AM
i like final fantasy 9 i think final fantasy 8s /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif its so boring and not a fantasyish as the other one theres cars !!!! cars!!!!! :)http://www.finalfantasy.de/images/splash_2/final_fantasy_splash_l.jpg but u have to love rikku

Vivisteiner
03-19-2006, 11:34 AM
FF9 is the best game ever!!!!
Very good gameplay
Amazing characters
Brilliant plot
Stunning music

Zeromus_X
03-19-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't know how you can call yourself an FF fan if you don't like FFIX.

PresZidane
03-19-2006, 09:26 PM
ff9 is great from beginning to end

Trumpet Thief
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
XD
well i agree with you, FF9 most definetely the worst out of the whole series and probably (hopefully!!!) always will be

chaos: Would you care to elaborate on that?

Rubedo: Anyways.... perhaps FF Tactics was a lot deeper, 'cause hell, the truth is it was. It felt like Shakespeare wrote it. But honestly, I don't think FFIX was that linear. Reading the script of FFT probably was enjoyable, but the fact is that you can only enjoy FFIX by playing it (I know you did, but hear me out). Words aren't all that a game needs. For example, the beautiful cutscene when Garnet cut her hair in the garden, with Zidane watching. No words needed- but it meant a hell of a lot.

chaos: Compared to FFVII and FFVIII (I thought FFVII was decent, and I really liked FFVIII) the storyline was great. The other games really didn't pull you in that much. Mainly because both of them starting off at a low point. FFIX started off showcasing the beautiful land, and slowly you are pulled into the problem. I liked that a lot better IMO.

Albedo: Much like Chris... I can't understand the hatred of this game. And trust me, ma belle peche, I don't like a lot of things. *Laughs maniacally*

Trowa: *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Dell
03-20-2006, 02:51 PM
It's my favourite, forever, many people hate it but I like it very much.

VIVI is by far my favourite, a boy that really likes me. (I don't say his face) Both of us have same common things.

boys from the dwarf
03-20-2006, 04:17 PM
i disagree 100% with you saying its poorly written. the scenes with zidane and garland are brilliant. like most FFs its not so good at the start but gets deeper and more interesting towards near the end. the problem with some people is they judge it by the first few parts of the game and arent patient enough for the interesting parts near the end. FF9 is my favourite FF and my guess is the only reason people dislike certain FF's is because they dont even give them a chance and say it sucks even if its good. and also the things crazybayman said about trance are untrue. steiners make him 3X stronger and garnets one means that if she summons and eidolon it randomly comes back without having to summon it which is quite useful. zidaes trance also good and i think the moves looked just as cool as clouds omnislah or squalls lionheart attack and the main reason it didnt crazy amounts of damage (because lionheart could nearly kill the last boss in one.) is because instead of making long spread out battles in FF9 they gave them less health and balanced out the difficulty with powerful attacks and stronger boss monsters. i agree its annoying for it to be wasted in a battle against a weak enemy like a fang but you can still save up for trance and if your against a strong boss there is a big chance that the attacks will fill the trance gauge.

Dotty
03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
i thought ffix was amazing!!!granted Quina and Freya drove me crazy the rest was great!When I first got it I faked being sick to spend the day playing it..............

Odaisé Gaelach
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Final Fantasy IX was just good fun. Nothing more, nothing less. I enjoyed it. :D

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Rubedo: At least this game's main character isn't "I freaking hate the world" to "Suddenly, I care! I really developed!". Zidane is actually A PERSON, with FEELINGS.

Trowa: *sits and stares and sits and stares*

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 11:38 PM
yeah and for once the main character actually has hormones i mean cloud and squall both have hot girls hitting on them 24/7 but all they do is pout and say lame things... zidane is cool and in dali when he grabs garnets a$$ it makes me laugh... lol

"Oooh soft."

lol... Quina may be a fat retard but shes a fat retard with ridiculously powerful attacks and can heal,prot,damage, and make you laugh... Retarded, yes. Bad, no.

Darth Cid
03-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Zidane: *Commencing total rp psycho mode* we'd would first like to thank those with the common sense that being an FF fan takes. It's people like the thread starter who have no idea what a REAL Final Fantasy. I mean in honestly, Cipher, you strike me as a person who started FF with FFVII. So you wouldn't that FFIX is built to bring the old school to the new school, if you don't like it, don't post about it and let those you are FFIX fans not finding themselves bash your unbelivably pointless opinion, I mean, seriously, you give no backup in your original post and everyone that agrees, give horrible reasons as well. "I DIDN'T LIKE THE GRAPHICS." "THE MAIN MALE CHARACTER IS NOT LIKE CLOUD OR SQUALL, HE'S ACTING LIKE A BREATHING MALE." "THE MAIN FEMALE CHARACTER IS HELPLESS." "IT'S LINEAR." to break everything down, in FFIX all of the characters except Zidane & Garnet were for comical use due to their obsessions. The graphics were meant to be like that to take people back to the days before FFVII. Zidane actually acts like a male, what a concept. Garnet is not helpless she's a magic based character, there's a difference. All Final Fantasy games are linear.

Trumpet Thief
03-21-2006, 01:58 AM
chaos: I agree completely with the post above. :)

Rubedo: I'm lucky to have started Final Fantasy with FFIX. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the games, but when I played FFIX, I loved it, and thought the others would be just like this... and they really weren't.

Trowa: Well, excluding FFIV and VI... *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Darth Cid
03-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Zidane: I started with FFIV(it was known in the states as FFII at the time) but FFIX got me back into FF, I instantly noticed the Antlion attack as a reference to IV, and that's when I realized I had to play the other FFs because FFIX is a tribute/reference post for the previous FFs.