PDA

View Full Version : Free FFXII Demo

Cain
10-05-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm not sure if you all know this or not, but Sq-E announced that when you purchase DQVIII, you will get a free demo of FFXII. This is some pretty big news, considering that the demo hasn't been playable to the public (press doesn't count as public), as far as my knowledge goes anyway.

This is probalby just a scheme to get more people interested in DQVIII, but still exciting news nonetheless.

XxSephirothxX
10-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Square Enix Pushes Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy IV

Update by: Azar. Sunday October 2nd, 2005 at 3:02 pm.

Enix's Dragon Warrior series, a venerable giant in Japan, has never caught on with a large portion of gamers in the United States and the rest of the world. But this time around, with Dragon Warrior: Journey of the Cursed King, Square Enix has an ace hidden up its sleeve; the game will be shipping with a playable demo of FFXII, the latest entry in the Final Fantany series, which, as most gamers know, is extremely popular in the United States.

The release date in the United States is set for November 22, the day Microsoft's Xbox 360 launches. Microsoft founder Bill Gates said that Halo 3 would be launched on the day of the Playstation 3's release, and it looks like Sony is responding in kind.

On the much quieter GameBoy Advance front, Square Enix and Nintendo are collaborating to re-release Final Fantasy IV on the portable console. The game will feature some improvements that are sure to please gamers, such as improved graphics and character portraits to accompany the dialogue. Square Enix and Nintendo also hope to continue the "Final Fantasy Series Port Project," but only time will tell. But the good news is that FFIV port is nearly completed, and will see a Stateside release on December 12th, with a Japanese release on a yet-to-be-determined day in Winter 2005.

[Sources: Gamespot, RPGamer]
I'm trying to figure out how to snag this thing without buying the game. Maybe I can rent it... :D

Raven Nox
10-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Oh, and also:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70625

I've gonna buy the game not only for the demo, but also because I've been meaning to play DW for a while. This is just motivation to do it earlier then I intended to do. xD