PDA

View Full Version : Better Graphics???

* White Aeris *
10-05-2005, 01:07 PM
on some threads people say that if you play FF VII on the PS 2 the graphics will be a little bit better. But when i go on it, it just looks the same! :confused: do i have to do anything first?
Also i can't save. :cry: Can you put a PS 1 memory card in a PS 2 memory card slot?
thanks in advance! :D

boys from the dwarf
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
on some threads people say that if you play FF VII on the PS 2 the graphics will be a little bit better. But when i go on it, it just looks the same! :confused: do i have to do anything first?
Also i can't save. :cry: Can you put a PS 1 memory card in a PS 2 memory card slot?
the graphics stay the same put i think PS2s have a higher quality player than PS1s. you cant save PS1 games onto a PS2 memory card so you need a PS! memory card to save PS1 games.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-05-2005, 03:11 PM
of course the graphics dont improve! the data is on the disc not the console. but it does run a little smoother (what with the higher processor n all)

as BFTD sed, u need a ps1 card. i recomend buying an official ps1 card not a difrent brand. if u have a slim-line ps2 then be catious. sometimes it tries to save ur file and says it has, but just corrupts it insted (as i found out on disc 3!!! :()

Cloud No.9
10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
actually........ the ps2 has anti-aliasing which you can turn on for ps1 games. you won't notice the difference much in 7. but it can help.

turn on the ps2 without the disc in. press triangle. go to the ps1 bit. turn on the anti-aliasing. put the disc in. exit that screen. go into the browser and start the game up.

* White Aeris *
10-05-2005, 05:44 PM
thanks! is there any FF games its a bit more noticeable on?

DJZen
10-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Actually I don't notice the effect much at all in any of my games, except for in Silent Hill where it makes this weird white border around everything...

Slade
10-06-2005, 03:40 AM
You can use the Texture Smooth in the ps2 options. It makes the the graphics look less pixely and blends better. It works best on Final Fantasy VIII. So pretty. The only annoying thing is everytime you wanna play you have to go back into the options and change it from standard to smooth. A small price to pay.

DMKA
10-06-2005, 03:49 AM
The texture smoothing feature is what they were talking about (that or they were just idiots). It really works wonders on FFVIII, and does help of FFVII.

Skarr
10-06-2005, 04:19 AM
I played ffVII on ps2, if anything the graphics were toned down even with texture smoothing on, did i do something wrong, or are my eyes failing me?

crashNUMBERS
10-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Graphic quality, yeah. Memory card, yes. You just can't save PS1 files onto a PS2 card...

DarkLord
10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Check, quite simple, the PC version has better graphics.

ffxfreak93
10-19-2005, 09:54 PM

yes....... found this out when i was playing legend of dragoon

Hugomand
10-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Check, quite simple, the PC version has better graphics.

I don't agree :p I think it sucks on PC :)

Slothy
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
thanks! is there any FF games its a bit more noticeable on?

It works extremely well on FF9. In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play FF9 without the texture smoothing ever again.

DJZen
10-19-2005, 11:52 PM
I played ffVII on ps2, if anything the graphics were toned down even with texture smoothing on, did i do something wrong, or are my eyes failing me?

Might wanna go to the eye doctor, 'cause that's not the case for the most part.