PDA

View Full Version : Who here hates Halo 2?

Mythra
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I know im probably treading holy ground here, but I just can't stand idly by as the masses praise Halo 2. Let's get one thing straight, the multiplayer in the game is great. With that being said, lets talk about the single player. It is unfinished, uninmaginative, and ultimately a huge disappointment imho. The first three levels are good,(in space, and on earth) but after that all originality is kicked out the door. The levels are same. Turn left downt the same corridor, go through the same hallway, it all seems so boring. And for a game that was hyped to the farthest reaches of space, to me it didn't live up to my standards. Imho, Half-Life 2 is so much better in every aspect of the game. I just want to know, is there anyone here who feels the same way I do?

edczxcvbnm
10-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I know im probably treading holy ground here, but I just can't stand idly by as the masses praise Halo 2. Let's get one thing straight, the multiplayer in the game is great. With that being said, lets talk about the single player. It is unfinished, uninmaginative, and ultimately a huge disappointment imho. The first three levels are good,(in space, and on earth) but after that all originality is kicked out the door. The levels are same. Turn left downt the same corridor, go through the same hallway, it all seems so boring. And for a game that was hyped to the farthest reaches of space, to me it didn't live up to my standards. Imho, Half-Life 2 is so much better in every aspect of the game. I just want to know, is there anyone here who feels the same way I do?

BWAAAAAHA HA HA HA!

The multiplayer is far from GREAT. It is fun but it has some immense issues. Grenades are way too strong and seem to be randomly powerful. I think the balance of weapons is terrible. I do like the new online mode of 4 teams of 12. That is pretty sweet.

Half the maps are terribly designed. Multiplayer just doesn't suffer from the ultimate repeativness as the single player. It is like compairing a piece of solid /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif to a room where it looks like someones ass exploded from this hurricane of diarrea. That is Halo 2 multiplayer compared to its single player. It is still a losing battle.

Mythra
10-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Whoot! some agrees with me

Old Manus
10-05-2005, 03:52 PM
HALO 2 IS TEH SUHK EVEN THO I NVR PLAID IT

edczxcvbnm
10-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Whoot! some agrees with me

You just failed at life. It is w00t!

Slothy
10-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Let's look at it this way, Halo 2 is a pretty good console FPS. However, as soon as you stack it up against the best the PC has to offer, it's put to shame to say the least. The controls are slow. There, it's been said. My reflexes are slightly faster (understatement) than the cross hairs are capable of moving. This basically means it's a process of see someone, wait for the crosshairs to catch up, then fire. A far cry from a mouse and keyboard (or for console FPS's, the days of Turok 2), where with enough practice, and some good timing I can pull off headshots with a flick of the wrist (or thumb in the case of Turok). It just seems that current analog sticks not only don't, but I'm going to presume can't offer the accuracy of a keyboard and mouse, or the old N64 analog sticks (those things could be extremely responsive until the wore out). Throw in the fact that the Xbox controller doesn't have enough shoulder buttons (I shouldn't have to stop aiming to perform a melee attack), and I all around can't stand the controls, or the pace.

I'll admit multiplayer is fun when in a room with a bunch of friends, but I think that's more just a bunch of guys killing eachother and having a good time makes up for it's inadequacies. A lot of the multiplayer levels I've played are rather bland, and repetitive. There are plenty of online multiplayer games on the PC that manage to combine more interesting and varied gameplay experiences, with levels that are more interesting than the stuff in Halo. There were quite a few levels in Halo 2 when I played it that I would have expected to see the likes of in Goldeneye from a design standpoint. They were your standard FPS fare and did little to make things interesting.

I'll stop this rant here. Long story short: PC FPS games are better than any console FPS, Halo 2 included.

Sephiroths Clone
10-05-2005, 07:29 PM
halo 2 scuks a lot. I really hate everything about what Bungie did to it. They ruined one of the best consol FPSs in history with Halo 2. The weapon balance is the worst in this game. Pretty much who ever has a rocket launcher or sword. The sword doesnt require any skill just pull the trigger. The rockets dont either with the new lock on system, you timing doesnt even matter any more. At least in Halo 1 everyone had the pistol so everyone stood a chance. In this game its pretty much a race to get the better weapon. If you dont get a good duel wield or weapon...have fun in the after life. I HATE HALO 2!!!!!!

ZeZipster
10-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Halo 2 is the best game I have ever played in my life. I'm not joking. I've met people in Halo 2, who go to my school, who I never would've met with out playing it. Halo 2 may be a crappy game, but it's got community. That's really all that matters to me. I like talking to people about games... about how the flower girl dies or high scores or whatever. It's just how I am. It seems like starting conversations about that sick killtacular you got the other day is easy. Heck, the only reason I'm here is because I like talking about games. Aren't we all here to talk about FF?

I don't have a problem with the weapon balance. I think it's pretty obvious that really are no issues here. You pit a rank 10 person against a rank 30 person and give the rank 10er first pick on weapons. It's never an issue for me. It's easy to take the sword with just a plasma pistol, not to mention the shotguns on almost every map the sword is on. Strategically most people harbor sword/shottie and use a long distance weapons to kill people, the exception being Foundation which I'll admit there is a minor imbalance but it keeps things interesting.

What I do hate is modders and college punks with T3 connections doing stand-by. That's a tee-wee bit aggrivating. Although it's not much of a problem.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-05-2005, 08:23 PM
with u one hundred percent

Old Manus
10-05-2005, 08:45 PM
(really?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-05-2005, 08:50 PM
(really
the alien mission just suked ass

Sephiroths Clone
10-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Halo 2 is the best game I have ever played in my life.
Then apparently uve never played Halo 1. if they just put halo 1 online then im pretty sure everyone would be very happy. I agree with you about meeting new people on videogames is cool, but most of the people i play online are jack asses and talk trash for no apparent reason at all (even when their losing). The game isnt really the thing that gets me. Its the people that play on it. people on Halo 2 are all fuckers, ive never played any game that has that many people talking trash. If you like a good community then u should definitly play Counter Strike, teh people on there are a lot cooler then the people on halo 2.

Rye
10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I never tried it, but it seems nice due to the community of it, like ZeZipster said.

Shlup
10-06-2005, 12:05 AM
I only play the multiplayer anyway.

XxSephirothxX
10-06-2005, 12:12 AM
A lot of people I know in person love it, but most people on the net seem to hate it. However, the main argument I hear is simply that it's an XBox game and doesn't have the keyboard-mouse functionality. In my opinion, it's the most balanced FPS out there--it's not too strategy heavy, but not too arcadey, and the addition of vehicles is great. Sometimes I get pissed when I'm playing, but it's often due to my own inability to kill someone who has the sword or something like that. Even so, I always go back for more. It's incredibly fun online, had a good (but far too short) campaign, and has some fantastic level design, especially on the larger maps. I honestly don't see how a First Person shooter fan can't enjoy playing it online--it's a fantastic game.

Flamethrower
10-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Is it overrated? Yes.

Is it still a very fun game? Yes.

Reles
10-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Is it overrated? Yes.

Is it still a very fun game? Yes.

Agreed. As long as I enjoy playing it, I'm not really up for comparing it to its original.

Sephex
10-06-2005, 03:02 AM

I believe both he and ed played the game before.

Deaths_Hand
10-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I dont hate the game but i do think both Halo and Halo2 are highly overrated

Ryth
10-06-2005, 03:14 AM
It sickens me how overrated this game is. The multiplayer is fun despite the boring levels and poor weapon balance and its pretty. Thats where the fun stops. The story is dumb, the environments are just as bland, the AI is dumb they don't become smarter they just get more HP and stronger bullets(in Legendary my brother and I were playing and we were out-numbered and we kept popping out of the corner firing a few shots and then hiding again while they stood there in the open doing nothing xce[t forong a few rounds when we popped out, they were so dumb, they could've done something to kill us, grenade, actually get a group to run in and kill us), the gameplay feels simplistic I'm not doing much to take the Covenant down. Honestly its overrated and medicore. Halo: Combat Evolved was better, but not by much. If Halo is truly the killer-app for the Xbox then the other games must suck.

Super Christ
10-06-2005, 06:02 AM
I would not hate it so much if people would play something else from time to time.

Halo 2 is the new Counter-Strike.

Rase
10-06-2005, 06:47 AM
I think it's a decent-to-good FPS, but there are definetly other games that I would rank HIGH above it in most terms. I found the single player to be basic console FPS fare, and I can't play much multiplayer because, no matter what, I always get horrendous lag. However, in split screen, I find it to be enjoyable, though I die a lot. :p

Old Manus
10-06-2005, 07:57 AM

I believe both he and ed are one and the same.

edczxcvbnm
10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHA HAHA AHAHHAH HEhrgbrfdsbd sfrwu jnze!~

Crossblades
10-06-2005, 03:38 PM
I hate both Halo games. They're so overrated

bipper
10-06-2005, 03:40 PM
I actually LOVED the games. They are overated, but they are great none the less. The offer some great fun times in both one player and multiplayer modes. Nuff said.

The second one had better levels, but a scuky story. Great song by breakin benjamin as well.

w00t;
Bipper

Traitorfish
10-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah, Bippers right. The Halo series are over-rated, but they're still brilliant. Plus, brilliant multiplayer. HL2 is good, but I feel it si actually slightly (stress slightly) inferior- it just doesn't play quite as well... I don't know why... It all just seems a little... runny, compared to Halo. Halo feels more... solid, if you know what I mean. Which you don't. I barely know.

Ryth
10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention it did have a pretty good soundtrack.

Yamaneko
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
I've heard that the Halo community is like ten times worse than the Counter Strike community. Now that's saying something!

I have no real desire to play either Halo games... ever.

Craig
10-06-2005, 10:52 PM
It's fun to play with 3 friends, what more can I say?

Rengori
10-07-2005, 01:07 AM
I've heard that the Halo community is like ten times worse than the Counter Strike community. Now that's saying something!

You should let it stay that way or become an idiotic Microsoft fanboy. Or at least that's what I've noticed with the Halo people at school.

Ryth
10-07-2005, 01:19 AM

You should let it stay that way or become an idiotic Microsoft fanboy. Or at least that's what I've noticed with the Halo people at school.

Yeah thats my brother. I swear its a pain to live with him whats worse is that he hates Ico and that makes me angry so he loves medicority and hates visionary art. He constantly calls me dumb and full of crap because I overlook the hype and see Halo for what it is. He makes me so mad at times. V_V

GooeyToast
10-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Halo is overrated and I could never really see what the hell was so great about it.

Markus. D
10-07-2005, 03:56 AM
space is crap, been done to many times.

Sephex
10-07-2005, 04:04 AM

I believe both he and ed are one and the same.

You edited my quote? How original! That just tells me that you think I am right.

*waits for you to edit this quote*

Traitorfish
10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah thats my brother. I swear its a pain to live with him whats worse is that he hates Ico and that makes me angry so he loves medicority and hates visionary art. He constantly calls me dumb and full of crap because I overlook the hype and see Halo for what it is. He makes me so mad at times. V_V
It's just games... don't get all artsy-fartsy about it. Ico's good, yeah, but it's not exactly art.

Ryth
10-08-2005, 01:51 AM
It's just games... don't get all artsy-fartsy about it. Ico's good, yeah, but it's not exactly art.

True but well games are art to me (I might be crazy/obsessive) and I don't appreciate him making fun of me for my opinion. I think Ico is art, not to the extent some people think it is, but art nonethless but thats my opinion.