PDA

View Full Version : Favorite FF game and where to get em?

annslow41
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah, so i know it's prolly been asked a MILLION times, but what's your favorite FF game?

Now that that's been resolved, where is one to obtain such a game?

Leeza
10-05-2005, 10:44 PM
*moves to General Final Fantasy*

My favourite FF is still FFI. Of course I haven't played more than three, but it's still my favourite. Not sure where you can get it in the old original version anymore other than Ebay, but you can get the remake of the game that was made for PS2 almost anywhere, I think.

DJZen
10-05-2005, 10:53 PM
e-bay (http://www.ebay.com)

annslow41
10-06-2005, 03:41 AM
so.... all the games are on ebay ..?

lets see, how do i say this...

for us stingy bastards, which ones can be gotten for free!? =P

Slade
10-06-2005, 04:19 AM
so.... all the games are on ebay ..?

lets see, how do i say this...

for us stingy bastards, which ones can be gotten for free!? =P
FFI-6. Download the emulators for NES and SNES and then the roms. Peice o' cake.
Try this site---> http://emu-russia.km.ru/default.php?a=s&l=en

annslow41
10-06-2005, 05:05 AM
ahh, thank you very much ^_^

and as far as anyone knows, there are no roms for 7-9?
(actually, i may have been able to download 7 from limewire O.O)

Captain Maxx Power
10-06-2005, 12:30 PM
e-bay (http://www.ebay.com)

Seconded.

blackmage_nuke
10-06-2005, 03:21 PM
FF VI buy it off a friend...

DJZen
10-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Owning a legal copy makes you ten times more awesome than using a pirated copy with an emulator. Possibly even more than ten times. Why? Here's why.

Video game companies make games in order to make money. Not to entertain you, not to remain loyal to their fan base, and not to complete some sort of epic saga that you have it in your head that they ought to be working on. They do it for the money. This isn't a purely evil thing, everyone needs money in a capitalist society, and it's kind of nice to be rewarded for your efforts. However, they're not doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts. If they were, they'd get zero budget to work with and all those pretty FMVs you've grown so fond of, as well as things like half decent graphics, control and music go bye-bye. The reason being that game companies don't like to lose money, and giving away games for free would make you lose a LOT of money. When a game company loses money on a title, it suggests to them that perhaps their time and effort would be better spent on something else. This is why buying games you like ultimately helps you. When a game makes money, companies decide to make a sequel. When a game makes a LOT of money, you can guarantee it'll be around for a long time, and that other companies will put out rival franchises which will spur innovation within your series of choice (and in other series as well), and result in more interesting games being on the market.

But please, whatever you do, don't ever buy Blood Rayne. Buying mediocre games just 'cause they have b00bs is wrong. So very wrong...

annslow41
10-07-2005, 05:38 AM
ah yes... i understand the fact that they need money, and if everyone gets pirated versions of their games they'll stop making them eventually... mostly i was just wondering about the older games -- and FFVII cuz everyone says it's their fav. and i cant find it burdy anywhere.

btw, Blood Rayne? lol, so that's why everyone says it's a good game? just cuz she's got "b00bs?" i thought it was a bit more than that, but if it's really not i wont bother =P i thought it looked a little like Devil May Cry (which, btw, is prolly one of my favorite games ever), but... no?

DRFTerX
10-10-2005, 09:48 AM
All of them... just get a bittorent file. :D

Primus Inter Pares
10-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Final Fantasy IX, a shop.

ThroneofDravaris
10-10-2005, 01:07 PM
FFIX, bought it in the US.

Of course now I’m back in Aus…and it’s NTSC…so I have to play it on an emulator.

Funnily enough though, it actually looks better on the comp than it does in the PS2…

DJZen
10-10-2005, 06:26 PM
That's because your computer supports a higher resolution than the PS1 ever did. It probably also enables things like texture smoothing by default.