PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop

Destai
10-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Anyone else enjoy this anime series? I think its really some of the best anime out there. Beautiful music (seriously great music), great characters, a great setting and theme thats very appropriate for an anime. Im borrowing my friends perfect editions and already Im coming up with excuses not to give it back for as long as I can.

("Ed is not a little boy!" is legendary by the way :<3: )

Dreddz
10-05-2005, 11:04 PM
was cool, but has aged terribly, I enjoyed other animes alot more.
Good, but maybe a bit overrated....

Madonna
10-05-2005, 11:08 PM
It's one of those masterpieces that occur time to time.

krissy
10-06-2005, 12:40 AM
dont think it'll age to me ever

kikimm
10-06-2005, 12:47 AM
I think it's aged remarkably well. Yes, it's genius. Normally, I would have a big problem with very few of the episodes connecting with each other, but this worked out perfectly somehow. I'll love it always. :<3:

XxSephirothxX
10-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Best soundtrack ever. One of the best shows ever. The only things I've ever seen that remotely compare to it are RahXephon and Fooly Cooly. I think RahXephon might be a little bit better, but it certainly doesn't have the comedic elements and awesome action scenes of Bebop.

Marshall Banana
10-06-2005, 02:53 AM
I definitely agree; It's one of the best shows I've ever seen. But I must say, I'm still in denial about the ending. ;_;

As for the music...well, Yoko Kanno is a goddess.

Skarr
10-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Love the show. My favorite anime too date, and who doesn't like the Mushroom Samba?

Razael: The Angel Slayer
10-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Great Characters, Great Music, Old school animation.....Great for someone seeking a retro feel to their anime and a must for collectors.

But enough about me.....I loved BeBoP, the movie was awesome as well.

DMKA
10-06-2005, 05:30 AM
There's better anime out there.

Mo-Nercy
10-06-2005, 05:52 AM
I really like the episodes relating to the central plot. The rest take away from the experience but can be enjoyed in their own little way. Overall, it's definitely on the better side of my anime scale.

Camanche
10-06-2005, 07:05 AM
I like just about all of Bebop. It's like whenever you sit down at the TV each week to watch it, you're seeing through a window and into a day of the characters' lives. The fact that every episode wasn't related to a central plot only added to that, which I liked. It conveyed the random, unstructured life of a bounty hunter much better than perfectly structured central plot development every episode ever could have.

Not only that, but it didn't need to focus on a central plot. It was about the characters, how they interacted with each other, other people, and how their pasts are effecting them now.

xtreme112
10-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Best soundtrack ever. One of the best shows ever. The only things I've ever seen that remotely compare to it are RahXephon and Fooly Cooly. I think RahXephon might be a little bit better, but it certainly doesn't have the comedic elements and awesome action scenes of Bebop.

Dude RahXephon?
Fooly Cooly?
They're nowhere near the same league as cowboy bebop!!!!

Seriously Cowboy Bebop was a funny, serious, emotive anime, with a great aura about it, a great deal of it's episodes just worked, and you enjoyed watching it, I know i did

Has anyone seen the Movie? Is it any good? I've seen the whole series but not the movie yet...

eestlinc
10-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Bebop transcends the anime genre. It's awesome compared against pretty much anything.

Destai
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
There's better anime out there.Alot of people would debate that.

Dragonfire
10-07-2005, 08:02 PM

Dude RahXephon?
Fooly Cooly?
They're nowhere near the same league as cowboy bebop!!!!

a little OT but..
you see Furi Kuri er... Fooly Cooly *shrugs saying it like that* is a very amazing show. most people that don't like it, simply don't understand it. you need to view deeper than at face value. on top of the true meaning and message of the show, it's a very entertaining homage to many different animes. watch it again and take a deeper look...

anyway.. bebop is a very good show as well. the animation style and soundtrack are simply amazing. even the standalone episodes (heh... most of them) that dont deal with the main storyline hold there own as great episodes. Except maybe "My Funny Valentine" Faye is so boring to me.

ThroneofDravaris
10-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Cowboy Bebop is right up there with Evangelion and Azumanga Daioh (slightly lower on the chain tha nthese two of course) as one of the greatest anime of all time.

Although everytime I see Vicious, I think Sephiroth for some reason...

Marshall Banana
10-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Has anyone seen the Movie? Is it any good? I've seen the whole series but not the movie yet...
Yes, it's awesome and a must see for any Bebop-fan.

I've been eager to read the manga series based on the show, but I've never gotten around to it. =/

Destai
10-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Has anyone seen the Movie? Is it any good? I've seen the whole series but not the movie yet...I saw it a while ago but honestly cant remember much of it. I'll borrow it of my friend once Im done with the perfect sessions. It takes place between the episode with the blonde haired spike lookalike (The literal space cowboy) and the episode with the comatose boy who was head of a cult.

eestlinc
10-07-2005, 08:47 PM
anyway.. bebop is a very good show as well. the animation style and soundtrack are simply amazing. even the standalone episodes (heh... most of them) that dont deal with the main storyline hold there own as great episodes. Except maybe "My Funny Valentine" Faye is so boring to me.
Faye is awesome. Her episodes are some of the best.

Dreddz
10-07-2005, 08:49 PM
There's better anime out there.
Indeed...

Destai
10-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Faye is awesome. Her episodes are some of the best.Yes, Faye rox my world.

Pouring Rain
10-07-2005, 09:11 PM
I only have one thing to say:

Faye Valentine is awesomeness!

And so is Spike!

Sorry about that xD

XxSephirothxX
10-07-2005, 09:37 PM
The manga is good, but not nearly as amazing as the show. There's the normal, 3-part manga, which follows the normal Bebop universe, and the 2-part alternate Shooting Star, which, though presenting a different take on the characters, has far superior art and writing.

Dragonfire
10-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Faye is awesome. Her episodes are some of the best.Yes, Faye rox my world.

It's not that I "hate" Faye, I just find "her" episodes, except "Hard Luck Woman" kinda boring. Especially "My Funny Valentine". Now "Hard Luck Woman" on the other hand.... sooooo gooood. When they played that song "Call me", I admit that I got a little teary-eyed.

escobert
10-10-2005, 07:18 AM
I still haven't see it yet. I'm too much of a outlaw star fan.

fire_of_avalon
10-11-2005, 02:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/MeganTheFeisty/Sig%20Av/avatar9192_0.jpg

Shadowflare
10-11-2005, 11:42 AM
I have yet to see it, but my cousin owns more of the episodes, so I'll be borrowing it from him. Of course, the guy in my siggy was spawned from the mind of CB's creator. It looks like a good show.

Dragonfire
10-14-2005, 11:23 AM
I have yet to see it, but my cousin owns more of the episodes, so I'll be borrowing it from him. Of course, the guy in my siggy was spawned from the mind of CB's creator. It looks like a good show.

love your detective story sig

yes shinichiro watanabe is a great anime director...

Samuraid
10-14-2005, 02:20 PM
was cool, but...I enjoyed other animes alot more.

eestlinc
10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
It's not that I "hate" Faye, I just find "her" episodes, except "Hard Luck Woman" kinda boring. Especially "My Funny Valentine". Now "Hard Luck Woman" on the other hand.... sooooo gooood. When they played that song "Call me", I admit that I got a little teary-eyed.
Speak Like a Child is one of the best episodes.

faster skating penguin
10-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Nothing tops Episode 5. Nothing.

eestlinc
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
yea Ballad of Fallen Angels is pretty much the best.

Skarr
10-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Yes it's the best by far. I'm in love with the music though. My God is "The Real Folk Blues" an awesome track.

kikimm
10-17-2005, 04:10 AM
Hmm, I like Ballad of Fallen Angels as well, but I don't think it's the best episode. I prefer the Jupiter Jazzies. :)

Skarr
10-17-2005, 04:11 AM
I like those too. Damn... :(

Hawkeye
10-17-2005, 04:12 AM
I like edward. I find her hilarious

Optium
10-17-2005, 04:46 AM
See You Space Cowboy... is better than The Real Folk Blues. :p

It's the song they play when Spike is storming the Red Dragon
Clan's HQ.

Call Me Call Me and Piano Bar II are amazing as well.

.opt

Marshall Banana
10-17-2005, 05:05 AM
I like edward. I find her hilarious
She and Ein are my desktop background right now. Edward is love.

I like Ballad of Fallen Angels since it's the first episode to introduce Vicious, but I think 'Hard Luck Woman' is my favorite...or maybe the two-part series finale. The ending was beautiful.
I remember reading that Spike's fall during Ballad of Fallen Angels was modeled after a scene in The Crow. After reading that, I started to see a lot of elements from Cowboy Bebop that reminded me of the movie. So that makes me enjoy it even more.

'Blue' is definitely my favorite song from the entire series, though. :)

meowwl
10-17-2005, 06:56 AM
I love this series as well, and when I first saw an episode, I'd never seen anything like it...but the music is what first got my attention. I absoulutely love Rain, Green Bird, and The Real Folk Blues.