PDA

View Full Version : Account Question

FiNalDeSire
10-06-2005, 06:01 PM
If you use a computer at school or anywhere public to log in to your account and in the future someone else gets banned on that computer would you get banned as well even if you haven't used that computer to sign on in a while?

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 06:11 PM
If you're on a public computer log out when you're done and you don't have to worry about it.

FiNalDeSire
10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks

Leeza
10-07-2005, 01:44 AM
..unless that's where you registered from because then you would have the same IP number as the banned person...if that's also where he registered from. And, of course, this is only if that person were to be IP Banned and not just Username Banned. Otherwise it wouldn't matter.

Raistlin
10-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Currently I'm on a college network. If someone from my same network got IP banned, I would probably be banned too. However, that's not likely to happen.

Yamaneko
10-07-2005, 01:56 AM
We don't usually ban IPs, but in certain cases - like when someone that was previously banned keeps registering with different email addresses - an admin will ban the IP of the problematic post. We stay away from banning IPs from dialup ISPs such as AOL since they tend to cycle IPs between their customers quite frequently.

crono_logical
10-07-2005, 01:59 AM
..unless that's where you registered from because then you would have the same IP number as the banned person...if that's also where he registered from. And, of course, this is only if that person were to be IP Banned and not just Username Banned. Otherwise it wouldn't matter.Having the IP you registered from in the IP ban list doesn't ban you :p

Leeza
10-07-2005, 02:14 AM
It doesn't? Well it's a good thing that you're the IP expert and not me. :)

Raistlin
10-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Yeah, it's whatever IP you currently have when accessing the forums. If I was IP banned from where I currently am, I could still access the forums when I go home this weekend.