PDA

View Full Version : Guidelines to posting in this forum.

Shlup
09-27-2003, 07:27 PM
1) The writing posted must be of your own work . Discussion of the work of those you admire goes in The Lounge. Posting someone else’s work and claiming it as your own will not be tolerated; your thread will be removed and you are likely to be banned.

2) To make it easier for people to browse, please head the thread titles for your images with [S] (for "story"), [P] (for "poem"), your fanfiction with [F] (for "fanfiction"), and your RPs with [RP] (for role play). Music (that is to say, sound files) can be marked with [~].

3) Do not post anything terribly graphic. Writings should contain minimal swearing.
EDIT BY BoB: Please see my post regarding this rule.

4) It goes something like this; if you want people to post constructive criticism to your work, give constructive criticism to other people's first . Think of it as a sale if you will; you buy constructive criticism from them by giving them constructive criticism first. (~Spatvark)

Loony BoB
09-27-2003, 08:22 PM
In addition to the above: If you want to discuss any of these rules, please feel free to use the Feedback Forum. If you wish to check out if something is okay, please PM a Staff member asking them to check whatever it is that you have out for you. If they don't want to check it themselves, they can post it into the Staff Forum and someone should get back to you ASAP.

Also, regarding the threads in the other forums: Please remember that if you wish to download a thread, you can do this in many ways. You can:

1) Use the File > Save As... Option
2) Use the little blue arrow that is pointing down to download the thread. It's above the Reply button. Please note that this will not download any links, but just the text of the thread.
3) Use the Printable Thread option and save that instead, using the same method seen in 1).
4) Copy/Paste the thread. Not reccommended. =P

Remember, any attachments will NOT download when you download a thread or save it. You will have to save any attached files seperately. I strongly reccommend that any artists who wish to save their works save their art files INDIVIDUALLY rather than (or as well as) saving the entire thread.

If you wish to add any other ways to download / save a thread, please PM me and I'll add it to this post. Cheers!

Swearing, Nudity and other forms of Graphic Content
Writers: Okay, after a very brief discussion in Staff, we'd like to say that swearing is okay so long as it's part of the story, and not part of any non-story dialogue. It should be swearing in the story, not story in the swearing - and if we deem it overblown, well... just use your head, 'kay? =/
Writers: If your first post contains swearing or graphic nature, please add a censor to your thread title advising so. What should you say? Something like "WARNING: Language may offend." or "WARNING: Graphic content may offend." If, in the case of some story-threads, you continue the story and decide to put this kind of content in at a later date, please make a very large warning at the top of your post. Copy and paste this into the start of your post, and adjust it to fit what you need a warning for:
[<i></i>size=7][<i></i>b]WARNING: Swearing/Grahpic Content follows.[<i></i>/b][<i></i>/size]

Oh, and don't test us or try to push our lines. We don't have time to discuss people who walk on the wire.

Loony BoB
06-17-2005, 09:39 AM
In addition to the above and the above above the above, please do not post in here requesting an avatar or signature - there are threads at the top of the Help Forum for this. The Help Forum can be found here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20).