PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 "On the way to a smile" (spoilers)

raskerino
10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
So who else has read this and what do the think?

Here's a link if anyone wants it

On the way to a smile (http://xthost.info/ffwebnovel/)

I felt that it really complemented the movie. As in an action type movie like AC there is usually very little story. I felt it had too little and was dissapointed although I did really like it (I made a thread about comparisons but no one responded :cry: hope someone replies to this or just as cool found my other thread and replied *hint, hint*). "On the way to a smile" gave Denzel a character and made him matter to u. Unlike the movie where he had no character. I think if I had read it first I would have felt like he wasn't just randomly thrown in. I also really liked the story of Tifa though I kinda wish that they had had the 4 of them (Cloud, Tifa, Denzel and Marlene) work together better. As through the game I love Cloud and Tifa's characters I wished they had worked together in that story. Not that they worked badly but it would have been nice if they worked better. Though I also feel it was written really well and have no idea how I'd make the changes I'd want.

Edit: Maybe this should be in the Advent Children forum but it's about the compilation so I put it here.

Ceil
10-07-2005, 06:49 AM
I loved On the Way to a Smile, and wished I had read it before watching Advent Children. It really does sort of fill out the story of Denzel's character, and even what's going on in the Midgar area in general. I think they could even have made the story into a better anime than Last Order; or even better, have done both ;)

Russielloyd
10-07-2005, 08:01 AM
I liked it, just finished reading it about an hr ago. So when Jenova fell into the lifestream at end off FF7, the lifestream that came out of the ground and stopped meteor was carrying Jenova components, and whoever the lifestream touched had been given Jenova cells and in the process anyone having jenova cells, gets infected by the Geostigma virus.

If you understood that, is what i say right?, if im wrong, someone please fill me in on what i got wrong.

RaidenWeb17
10-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I loved On the Way to a Smile, and wished I had read it before watching Advent Children. It really does sort of fill out the story of Denzel's character, and even what's going on in the Midgar area in general. I think they could even have made the story into a better anime than Last Order; or even better, have done both ;)

yeah i like that idea.
I read On the Way to a Smile on another site, but it didnt have the Case of Tifa. So i'm gonna go read that now.

EDIT: I just got done reading the Case of Tifa. It was really cool. i liked how it explained more about Tifa and Cloud's relationship (hmm that may not really be a spoiler) and the Strife Delivery Service.

raskerino
10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
I liked it, just finished reading it about an hr ago. So when Jenova fell into the lifestream at end off FF7, the lifestream that came out of the ground and stopped meteor was carrying Jenova components, and whoever the lifestream touched had been given Jenova cells and in the process anyone having jenova cells, gets infected by the Geostigma virus.

That seems right.

EDIT: I just got done reading the Case of Tifa. It was really cool. i liked how it explained more about Spoiler: Tifa and Cloud's relationship (hmm that may not really be a spoiler) and the Strife Delivery Service.

I did say spoilers in the topic sentence so they're not really necessary but it doesn't matter.

Oh, I loved last order (not that u specifically said you didn't) it brought back momories. But yes both would be wonderful although I'd probably want it to be Tifa's Story as the development of Tifa and Cloud is far more important to me.