PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Analysis

Xalibar
10-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know what happened to that ff7 analysis site that was at geocities since it now says it is permanently closed. Was it moved somewhere else or any of the info posted anywhere else?

Captain Maxx Power
10-07-2005, 12:24 AM
No idea. I'm still in mourning over the loss of a website that had a whole series of FF7 based fanfics that were absolutely spot on. There were stories about Red Hands, and Cloud's Father, and other neat stuff.

eelot
10-07-2005, 04:38 AM
can any1 tell me y so many ppl claim that ff7 was the most revolutionary 1 out there?

Cipher
10-07-2005, 04:56 AM
can any1 tell me y so many ppl claim that ff7 was the most revolutionary 1 out there?

No hablo estúpido. =/ Seriously man. You can't expect people to take your question seriously unless you at least take yourself seriously enough to type out actual words. Abuse of 'net shorthand is wack.

And, it's not that it's revolutionary, to answer your question. FFVII was the first RPG for quite a few gamers out here...and your first game will always stick out in your mind. FFVII also had a complex storyline, something that extended slightly beyond your standard 'kill the bad guy' fare.

For instance, you can't really call Sephiroth evil. He (justifiably) felt wronged by the ShinRa. He found out within a matter of a day that he was far less normal than even he'd believed. Little more than a common ShinRa-produced monster, as far as he was concerned.

He had an identity crisis, Jenova helped him. She/It gave him a new purpose. And that purpose just happens to be to destroy the world and rule it alongside his "mother." But even with that, it doesn't make him a bad guy. Not really. Just mixed up, misunderstood, even.

Anyway. That's part of why most people say FFVII is so great, at least in my opinion.

eelot
10-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Okay, gracias for the answer... And I'll try to 'member to spell out my words (But I do get enough of that in english class dude). But it seems like everyone claims that ff7 is like, the best, and that it's whole system (the materia thing) was sheer brilliance and that kinda stuff. I just wanted to know wether ff7 is the best or was the first... yeah.

Ceil
10-07-2005, 06:59 AM
I absolutely loved the materia system, to be honest. And I do think that the system was brilliance. But I also acknowledge that FFVII holds a special place for me as my first Final Fantasy game (I'd played Secret of Mana). And yes, of the FF games I've played since (I, III, Mystic Quest, VI, Tactics, IX, X, X-2), I think it did have the best combat and abilities system of the whole lot. I put FFVII over every other FF game I've played; and probably every other game I've played period.

Skyblade
10-07-2005, 08:59 AM
I absolutely loved the materia system, to be honest. And I do think that the system was brilliance. But I also acknowledge that FFVII holds a special place for me as my first Final Fantasy game (I'd played Secret of Mana). And yes, of the FF games I've played since (I, III, Mystic Quest, VI, Tactics, IX, X, X-2), I think it did have the best combat and abilities system of the whole lot. I put FFVII over every other FF game I've played; and probably every other game I've played period.

Agreed. I think the Materia system is one of the best FF gameplay systems there is.

As to the revolutionary thing, it was the game which switched from 2-D sprites to 3-D polygons...

eelot
10-07-2005, 09:22 AM
hmm... 2-d to 3-d huh? i shoulda thought of that myself, lol. i too believe that the materia system was great. i also likes 8's junctioning system. those 2 are probably the most versatile systems of all the FFs. i do however enjoy 7's system jus a wee bit more than 8's. *nods* uh huh

xtreme112
10-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Okay, gracias for the answer... And I'll try to 'member to spell out my words (But I do get enough of that in english class dude). But it seems like everyone claims that ff7 is like, the best, and that it's whole system (the materia thing) was sheer brilliance and that kinda stuff. I just wanted to know wether ff7 is the best or was the first... yeah.

Of course the materia system was the best system, it was after all the easiest.
FF8's junctioning system was difficult until you got the hang of it, once you do you can create godly powerful characters but that's beyond the point, plus drawing all that magic is incredibly annoying
FF9's learning system plain and simply took too long
FF10's Sphere grid wasn't a popular choice either, but there were so many choices there that it was confusing
FF10-2's system was good too, gotta love those class changes!

And The Polygon dudes in FF7 ripped every other ff's animation! It just looked hilarious!!!

And FF7 was the best ever FF because the characters were the best characters ever made (although FF8 does compete very well, but you just can't beat sephiroth, as the gaming world's greatest ever villian) and the story was great because it always remained normal, it didn't loose the plot and become completely warped and carried away garbage like several other rpg's out there. And the chocobo racing was fun!

Questions Answered!

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-07-2005, 06:54 PM
the 3d transfer probly more than anything. or the fact that the characters have more history than just "o man my mum died while i was stil int womb n my dad died wen i wor like 2 n he hated me!!!!" . . . sorry