PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if Aeris Lived.

Yumyums
10-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I think that if Aeris had lived then Cloud would not have the resolve to beat Sephiroth. I might be wrong <shrugs shoulders> but who knows.

Craig
10-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Because a giant meteor coming to destroy the planet isn't enough?

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Cloud would have stabbed himself because he had to put up with Aeris.

TheAbominatrix
10-06-2005, 11:30 PM
I dont think he would have had that angsty personal-revenge deal, but otherwise there was more than enough reason to destroy Sephiroth for pretty much everyone, so I dont think things would have been that different.

edit: Mullet wins xD!

bipper
10-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I think he would have still had the resolve. He did not love Aeries, he was fond prolly because of memories he had of her from Zack. He was more than likeley just using Aeireis' death as a conveinient scape goat to hate sepho as the Jenova cells in Cloud made him want to follow sepho.

Bipper

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Cloud didnt have any memories of Aerith from Zack. He took on Zack's SOLDIER first class rank, his dream of being a mercenary, and his place in the events in Nibelheim. That's all. He only got the 'memories' of Nibelheim because he was there, he simply interjected himself where Zack was.

That being said, I think Cloud would have reacted as he did if Sephiroth had killed anyone; Tifa, Barret, anyone. I dont think he did it out of love for Aerith (I dont think he loved her to begin with), he did it because he failed her and because Sephiroth took an important person away from him (again, would have been the same if it had been Tifa or anyone.)

Quiksilver326
10-07-2005, 12:16 AM
I think Tifa and Aeris would have a catfight.

bipper
10-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Hrm, When I played FFVII I thought that Cloud's ego border was basically merged with Zacks, when Cloud suffered from the Experiments. Therefore, I thought that he thought he was the first rank soilder because his self identity was merged with that of Zack. Thus the constant confusion on Clouds part. Therefore he had Tifa as a child hood friend, and Aeries bore about the same setiment to him through Zack's memories.

Ugh, that is where I get lost though.

Bipper

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Their egos were never merged. Nothing like that happened. What happened was Cloud, in his semi-catatonic state as they were escaping Nibelheim, adopted certain things from Zack. Cloud has a strong issue with failure... he failed to become a member of SOLDIER, and thus didnt identify himself to Tifa in Nibelheim because he was so ashamed. However, when he meets her in Midgar, he's convinced himself that things were otherwise, and told her he was in SOLDIER. He was, after all, found in Zack's uniform.

He doesnt know or remember Aerith. There's no evidence of such in their meeting, he has no idea who she is. It's Aerith that bases her feelings on Zack, stating that she'd had a boyfriend in SOLDIER.

Again, Cloud didnt 'absorb' any memories through experimentation. Not only were they in seperate tubes during the experiments, but there just isnt any evidence of memory absorption. Cloud has no memories that he shouldnt. He remembers the Nibelheim events because he was there. He doesnt remember SOLDIER training, Zack's parents, Aerith, or anything else.

bipper
10-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Ok, ok. Its been nearly 6 years since I last played, so I will take yer word for it. For somereason in my mind, I just remember something being explained, where their memories were merged, like there were things that cloud remembers that he shouldn't or some such. /shrug I'm an idiot :D

Looks like I am due for a FFVII rerun.
Bipper

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2005, 12:59 AM
It's easily confused, so dont worry. I only remember things this well from reading Squall of SeeD and Masamune 1600's posts.

G SpOtZ
10-07-2005, 02:16 AM
What would happen if Aeris lived.
I would have killed her and never used her again.

Skyblade
10-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Didn't the game indicate that Holy would never have been summoned if Aeris hadn't died? Something about needing a soul wishing for Holy to return to the Planet?

Quiksilver326
10-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Didn't the game indicate that Holy would never have been summoned if Aeris hadn't died? Something about needing a soul wishing for Holy to return to the Planet?

So.....if she didn't die, they'd be screwed. So Aeris dying makes a win-win thing!

G SpOtZ
10-07-2005, 03:37 AM

So.....if she didn't die, they'd be screwed. So Aeris dying makes a win-win thing!
word.

Rengori
10-07-2005, 04:35 AM
I'll post it again.
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/672/muwas6lee5av.jpg

Cipher
10-07-2005, 04:43 AM
You gotta admit though...that's beyond coincidence. Out of ALL the sectors, in ALL the different parts of the slums...

Barret had to choose sector 6 as his next target...
Cloud had to fall from the upper plate...
...right into Aerith's church.

Aerith just happens to have holy in her hair.
...and a fetish for spiky-headed dudes that like to say something snotty and flip out (literally and figuratively).
...she also just happens to know Zack, out of the myriad of Soldier First Class' that are out there.

I mean yeah, that's the story and all, but damn. Could there have been a bigger coincidence?

Edit: Rengori, you pwn.

Rengori
10-07-2005, 04:43 AM
...she also just happens to know Zack, out of the myriad of Soldier First Class' that are out there.
That was her old boyfriend, who as we know is who Cloud took his identity from.

Ceil
10-07-2005, 06:52 AM

That's golden XD

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2005, 06:53 AM
You gotta admit though...that's beyond coincidence. Out of ALL the sectors, in ALL the different parts of the slums...

Barret had to choose sector 6 as his next target...
Cloud had to fall from the upper plate...
...right into Aerith's church.

Aerith just happens to have holy in her hair.
...and a fetish for spiky-headed dudes that like to say something snotty and flip out (literally and figuratively).

I mean yeah, that's the story and all, but damn. Could there have been a bigger coincidence?

Edit: Rengori, you pwn.

And Tifa randomly found a dazed Cloud at the trainstation, when he didnt even know she was in Midgar.

Plot points, really.

boys from the dwarf
10-07-2005, 06:59 AM
what would happen is meteor would crash into the planet and sephiroth lived happily ever after!

Masamune·1600
10-07-2005, 07:04 AM

word.

Actually, Aeris' death wasn't required for the activation of the Holy magic. The prayer itself would have sufficed, as the White Materia began to glow before Aeris returned to the Planet.

On Disc 2, during the Key of the Ancients sequence.

Cloud: ...It's glowing.

Bugenhagen: Ho Ho Hoooo!! It's pale green!!

Cloud: ...Aeris. Aeris has already prayed for Holy. ...After I gave up the
Black Materia to Sephiroth...... Aeris' words came into my dreams... She said,
she was the only one who could stop Sephiroth...... And to do that, there was a
secret here... that was Holy...... That's why, she had the White Materia. Aeris
knew about here... and what she had to do. Aeris has left us great hope. But,
it cost her her life... her future... I'm sorry... Aeris. I should have figured
this out sooner. ...You left us without saying a word...... It was all so
sudden,
so I couldn't think... That's why it took so long for me to find out. But,
Aeris... I understand now. Aeris... I'll do the rest.

While Cloud mentions the fact that Aeris' prayer activated the White Materia, dialogue at the end of the Disc provides much more conclusive evidence.

After the party returns to the Highwind, ready for the final battle...

Cid: We can't let it go like this.

Cloud: ......Aeris. She was smiling to the end. We have to do something, or
that smile will just freeze like that. Let's go all together. Memories of
Aeris... ...Although she should've returned to the planet by now, something
stopped her and now she's stuck...... We've got to let go of Aeris' memory.

Cloud specifically states that, at this point, Aeris has not yet returned to the Planet. At the same time, we know that the White Materia had been activated much earlier. From this, especially in conjunction with the fact that Cloud referenced Aeris' prayer, and that Tifa thinks that Aeris did not expect to die...

Tifa: I wonder what Aeris felt... when she was on that altar...?
Cloud: I'm sure she wanted to give her life for the planet...
Tifa: Really? I wonder? I don't think that's it at all. I think she didn't think she would die at all, but that she planned on coming back all along. She always talked about the 'Next time'. She talked about the future more than any of us.

...we can assume that it was the prayer itself, and not her death, that called Holy.

=Angelus=
10-07-2005, 02:12 PM

That's golden XD
Aeris goes "Sephiroth!! your the cause of all this"

and we now have a new lead in the Movie :D
(with a buster sword)

Aeris was so meant for SOLDIERS :p

DarkLord
10-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Ah ha! Sephiroth never meant to kill Aeris himself, he was going to kill Cloud who he was trying to manipulate in to, not killing Aeris, who was the last ancient thus valuable, but to stop the prayer before it's too late. Unfortunately he missed and had to act cool about after, as if he meant it to happen. What a random twist in the story that makes no difference at all. Aeris still died! Score

Light Mage
10-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Aeris would have made sushi out of Emerald WEAPON with her Great Gospel, and she'd be all *Ra-Ra-Ra* cheerleader like when Cloud was giving Sephiroth what for at the final battle.

Winter Nights
10-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Regardless of what Cloud would have done, Aerith not dying would have made ME lose the need to continue.

boys from the dwarf
10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
if aeris survived i would be unhappy and that cartoons hilarious.

Holy_Aeris
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
If she lived? NO AC!!!!

The world would of been destroyed!

Shoden
10-07-2005, 07:17 PM
pigs would fly.

Bowser
10-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Instead of Tifa slapping Scarlet, she would slep Aeris. :love:

KoShiatar
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Instead of Tifa slapping Scarlet, she would slep Aeris. :love:

And Cloud would have run away from both.
No AC ever.

G SpOtZ
10-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Aeris sux.

Fonzie
10-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Well after this was all over he would marry Aeris and they would be happy, but after 5 years and 2 kids cloud would get tired of Aeris bitching about him not acting like himself and he would have an affair with Tifa. When he got Tifa pregant he was like," /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif,/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif,/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, what am i going to do!!!" So he contacts his younger-self and tells him to hire someone to kill Aeris. Cloud gets Septh. to kill her in the acient city. so it was cloud who killed Aeris not septhy.

MysticD
10-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Yumyums:
What would happen if Aeris lived.

I would have killed her and never used her again.

RiTaPuffy
10-10-2005, 04:29 AM
Then I would not cry for that part, doh?

Hugomand
10-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Aeris haters, I have something to say to you guys...

It pisses me off with all those ridicilous comments, please leave them out of here and take this serious!!! THANK YOU!!!

Well, what would have happened... I guess the story would've taken a whole new direction.

Skyblade
10-10-2005, 06:07 PM

It pisses me off with all those ridicilous comments, please leave them out of here and take this serious!!! THANK YOU!!!

Well, what would have happened... I guess the story would've taken a whole new direction.

See, it's comments like that which piss me off. We have just as much right to voice our opinions as you, and we can phrase them however we like.

What's more, alot of the comments here are taking the question seriously. The fact is that had Aeris lived, the plot of the game would have been butchered. Having her live, or having her revivable, would ruin the plot.

Now stop your incessent whining.

DJZen
10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Live Journal entries for: PLURgurlAERIS69<3

Today:

Liek OMG d00d Sfiroth totaly tried 2 stab me iwas liek "wat up wit dat lolz" but he was a bich about it an taked smack so i was liek "whatevar" and startad lisaning 2 my cd player. OMG dj teisto or howevar u spell it is <3 his music maeks me feel like im eting rainbos or somthing i love it so much its so beautiful but i hate sefaroth i herd he was totaly going out w. that skank tiffa (or was it yufy i dono lol) but she dumped him cose he had teh crabs an wanted to go to 3rd EWWWWWWW

i think cloud has a crush on me r sumthin cose he startad fliping out whan sfaroth was b-ing a jerk 2 mee an he sed somthing abuot protacting me 4eva i dono lolz i think hez 2 crazy somtiems lolz he lisans to weird music liek linking park an stuff so idono if i liek him even if hes kyoot liek zak but zak was cooler cose he didant wine abuot stuff so i liek him betar an i think i only liek cloud cose he looks like zak.

omg gess wot barats dautar is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KYOOOOOOOOOOOOT ^_______^

Mood: fluffy
Music: DJ Tiasto (or however u spell lolz) "PLUR techno rave trance DJ SAMMY IAN VAN DAHL SYSTEM F GOU...".mp3

Light Mage
10-10-2005, 06:30 PM
*adds PLURgurlAERIS69<3 to LJ friends list*

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I love Skyblade and DJZen <3

DJZen
10-10-2005, 06:58 PM
In retrospect, I REALLY shoulda went with myspace instead of LJ.

DJzen <3 you too

Hugomand
10-10-2005, 07:35 PM

See, it's comments like that which piss me off. We have just as much right to voice our opinions as you, and we can phrase them however we like.

What's more, alot of the comments here are taking the question seriously. The fact is that had Aeris lived, the plot of the game would have been butchered. Having her live, or having her revivable, would ruin the plot.

I'm not saying that you don't have the right to express your own opinion, but c'mon, look at this:

-[I'm new to this forum, and I don't really understand your qouting thing, so please don't flip at me :eek: ]-

That's not very serious, eh?

Or maybe this one:

Aeris would have made sushi out of Emerald WEAPON with her Great Gospel, and she'd be all *Ra-Ra-Ra* cheerleader like when Cloud was giving Sephiroth what for at the final battle.

Or this one?:

pigs would fly.

Oh I could keep on going...

Aeris sux.

No offence or harm meant to those who wrote these things... I will survive I guess, but it's just a little irritating that you ruin the debate with all of this nonsense...

Peace out.

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 07:39 PM
This forum is open to both serious and joking replies. It always has been. If you want nothing but serious discussion, this isnt the place.

Hugomand
10-10-2005, 07:51 PM
This forum is open to both serious and joking replies. It always has been. If you want nothing but serious discussion, this isnt the place.

Okay this forum is different then what I'm used to then :confused:

Well, carry on forget all this and halleluja lets have some fun :D

Skyblade
10-10-2005, 08:00 PM

I'm not saying that you don't have the right to express your own opinion, but c'mon, look at this:

-[I'm new to this forum, and I don't really understand your qouting thing, so please don't flip at me :eek: ]-

That's not very serious, eh?

Or maybe this one:

Or this one?:

pigs would fly.

Oh I could keep on going...

Aeris sux.

No offence or harm meant to those who wrote these things... I will survive I guess, but it's just a little irritating that you ruin the debate with all of this nonsense...

Peace out.

This is not bitching, this is constructive advice. Don't get offended, or I will be forced to vaporize you. To quote something, it is [*quote] and [*/quote], without the asterisks.

Also, I did say "alot" of the posts, not all of them.

Besides, Tifa and Aeris probably would have a catfight (in some form. Possibly they'd just yell at each other) over who gets Cloud. And Tifa would win, because she cares for Cloud more than Aeris does.

Flying Mullet
10-10-2005, 08:10 PM
And how can you have only a serious discussion about something like this?

It just lends itself to humor too easily.

Dinnova
10-10-2005, 08:12 PM
If she didnt die, the game wouldnt have the same impact.

G SpOtZ
10-10-2005, 08:59 PM
if she didn't die, i'd cry.

Rengori
10-10-2005, 09:02 PM
If she didn't die, I'd devote however much time it would take to make a gateway to the game world and kill Aeris myself.

KoShiatar
10-10-2005, 09:19 PM
If she didnt die, the game wouldnt have the same impact.

He said it, and I quote.

Light Mage
10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Flower Girl Enterprises™ would have become a multinational business.

Fireblade13
10-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Don't do it Cloud! Just kill Aeris!

G SpOtZ
10-11-2005, 09:35 PM
i'd eat her brains. yum.

Rengori
10-11-2005, 10:06 PM
i'd eat her brains. yum.
I tried to tell you Aeris would make a great secret ingredent for moogle pie.

bipper
10-11-2005, 10:13 PM
i'd eat her brains. yum.

you assume way too much.

Callahan
10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Aries rises from the grave! Cats and dogs living together! Mass Hysteria!

DJZen
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
RISE FROM YOUR GRAAAAAAVE!

Cecinda
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM
If Aeris had lived FFVII would have lost one of the most beautiful and emotional moments ever in game history. And that's the truth because Aeris' death has been repeatedly hailed as one of the most sad events in gaming history...bad graphics and all...

AC would also not have been possible...no wait, it would've, just with Aeris in it.

I also think there'd be no obsessed Aeris-Cloud fans who are convinced she was meant to come back and score Cloud...there'd also be more Tifa haters because the Airy Cloud fans would be disappointed with the romantic outcome...

Think of what would happen if Aeris was still alive after the lifestream incident with Tifa and Cloud in Mideel. She would have realised her attraction to Cloud was linked to Zack, that it was Tifa's love for Cloud that saved him and she would've let go and moved on. Maybe hooked up with Vincent? :tongue:

ThroneofDravaris
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Aeris Dies?

Cecinda
10-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey man, I didn't put the huge spoiler in the TITLE OF THE THREAD! :D

ljkkjlcm9
10-17-2005, 04:26 PM
The game would have been completely different, and sucked

THE JACKEL