PDA

View Full Version : The FF's may be connected [spoilers]

Griever Zero
10-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Okay, I used to put a lot of thought into this but not anymore. I figure I'll just throw out some key points and see what you think.

So, I think some of the Final Fantasy games may be connected and may have even been on the same planet.

In Final Fantasy IX we learn that like, everyone's memories is connected and whatnot. That explains why when Zidane was in a shop earlier in the game (uhh I think maybe Alexandria) he says something about remembering a spiky haired guy who carried a sword similar to the one he was looking at (a reference to Cloud). This can be possible because since all memories and whatnot are connected, Zidane "remembers" Cloud. This suggests that FFIX takes place after FFVII.

Also, in FFX and X-2, in the center of Luca where the sphere break tournament begins, there is a sort of monument that looks exactly like the sword atop Alexandria castle. This suggests FFX takes place after FFIX.

Some world maps are similar in the structure of their continents.

Maybe in several of the games where "ancient" civilizations are referred to, they're all the same civilization, but the facts have been twisted through time.

I definitely had some more evidence several years ago but lost interest. Does anybody see any other connections?

ljkkjlcm9
10-07-2005, 11:47 PM
uhm, i think the best connection is they're all made and owned by square-enix, and they're all named final fantasy.... yeah

THE JACKEL

The_Great_Question
10-08-2005, 04:47 AM
and they have an annoying guy called Cid

rubah
10-08-2005, 06:05 AM
I would discount ff9-evidence simply because the game was made for the sheer reason of working in as many references to other ffs as possible.

TheAbominatrix
10-08-2005, 06:12 AM
I would discount ff9-evidence simply because the game was made for the sheer reason of working in as many references to other ffs as possible.

Seconded.

Slothy
10-08-2005, 01:24 PM
There is no connection between the titles. Square has never at any point in history acknowledged one. Any evidence of one, is usually easily explained as being just a reference to another game, especially in FF9, where there are references to a lot of FF's (among other things).

Griever Zero
10-08-2005, 09:13 PM
c'mon guys,
think of how crazy some anime movies/series can be. i mean CRAZY. maybe, secretly, square did make some of the FF's connected and won't tell us that for their own amusement. i think it is a trend for japanese writers to embed alternate plots and secrets deep within their stories.

ljkkjlcm9
10-08-2005, 09:21 PM
c'mon guys,
think of how crazy some anime movies/series can be. i mean CRAZY. maybe, secretly, square did make some of the FF's connected and won't tell us that for their own amusement. i think it is a trend for japanese writers to embed alternate plots and secrets deep within their stories.

ok you can think that, but it doesn't mean its true. I mean if you truly think about it, the connections would have to be such huge stretches, that it's absurd. I mean, you think when they were developing I, then II, they were thinking about connecting them, and then III I'm still sure they didn't think of it, because I doubt they were thinking the series would be all the way at XII now with all sorts of spinoffs as well. That's why in the newer games you might get references to the older ones, but as far as I can see up to VI, they never even tried to connect the games. (Cid, chocobos, and moogles do not count!)

THE JACKEL

Slade
10-09-2005, 05:07 AM
c'mon guys,
Usually anime movies are not connected in anyway to the series (and vise versa) apart from the obvious things like the characters and places. The Dragon Ball/Z/GT series are a prime example of this. (probably a bad example considering how many people hate it for being overrated but none the less I chose it cause most people know it)

Christmas
10-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Here, you might want to read this:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69592

and this:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69080

TurkSlayer
10-09-2005, 06:54 AM
I think the only two that could even possible be connected are II and IV because A) There is a child named Kain who says he will grow up to be a dragoon, and B) They both have a place call Mysidia. Thats not very much evidence, either. But between other FFs, there is no connection.

EDIT: Besides, FFIX didn't have too much machina. Sure, there was a bit, but not on the same scale as Zanarkand. And if Sin had already come, I believe it would have been mentioned in IX.

TheAbominatrix
10-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I think the only two that could even possible be connected are II and IV because A) There is a child named Kain who says he will grow up to be a dragoon, and B) They both have a place call Mysidia. Thats not very much evidence, either. But between other FFs, there is no connection.

EDIT: Besides, FFIX didn't have too much machina. Sure, there was a bit, but not on the same scale as Zanarkand. And if Sin had already come, I believe it would have been mentioned in IX.

While Mysida may work, Kain would not. Notice the amount of geographical differences. Also notice that there is no Baron, while we know Kain Highwind was raised by the King of Baron, right alongside Cecil. There are no crystals in II's world, and the geography and towns could not change so drasticly in 20 or so years. Kain is just a backwards reference, just like the reference of IX (only, of course, backwards).

TurkSlayer
10-09-2005, 08:00 PM
I think the only two that could even possibly be connected are II and IV because A) There is a child named Kain who says he will grow up to be a dragoon, and B) They both have a place call Mysidia. Thats not very much evidence, either. But between other FFs, there is no connection.

While Mysida may work, Kain would not. Notice the amount of geographical differences. Also notice that there is no Baron, while we know Kain Highwind was raised by the King of Baron, right alongside Cecil. There are no crystals in II's world, and the geography and towns could not change so drasticly in 20 or so years. Kain is just a backwards reference, just like the reference of IX (only, of course, backwards).

Like I said, there isn't much evidence to prove my theory, and there is much more evidence against it. As I said, it was only a possiblity, and it probably isn't true, as you have pointed out.