PDA

View Full Version : crash at chocobo race

Dragon000
10-08-2005, 12:59 AM
can someone please help

right after Barret defeated Dyne and Cloud goes to Chocobo race to get the party out of the prison, right after that chocobo manager says good luck, the game crashes and bring that windows crash message up

i played before and it worked fine, is it something not compatible with windows xp?

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

blackline77
10-08-2005, 01:07 AM
naahhh i dont think its windows xp,umm make sure ur disc aint scratched and try to clean it or try it on a friends computer if it still dont work i guess ull have to buy a new copy.

Dragon000
10-08-2005, 03:16 AM
naahhh i dont think its windows xp,umm make sure ur disc aint scratched and try to clean it or try it on a friends computer if it still dont work i guess ull have to buy a new copy.

thank you for answering

hi, I checked my cd and its got about a million small scraches on it!! :eek:

i think i need a basic understanding of how scrached cds work....cause all movies and gameplay worked fine until the chocobo race

G SpOtZ
10-08-2005, 03:54 AM
you can go to a store and have them clean it or fill the scratches.

MYTH THAT MIGHT WORK: put toothpaste on it if it's a deep scratch, and then smooth it out so the toothpaste doesn't cover anything else. i heard it works but it sounds stupid hahaha i think i've tried it once and it helped a little bit... O.o

Fonzie
10-08-2005, 05:29 AM
MYTH THAT MIGHT WORK:First get a 9mm and shoot the hell out of it then when its in bits and peices get ducktape and put it back together.If all fails kill yourself(because their is no life without FF7). Or you could just but the ps1 version for 10 dollar!!!! BUY NOW BIZNATCH!!

Skyblade
10-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Myth that will work (in other words, it isn't actually a myth): Download the patch that is needed to play the Chocobo races in Windows XP. It has been presented in plenty of other threads so check previous threads or look it up on the 'Net to find it.

Dragon000
10-08-2005, 06:17 AM
i found a chocobo patch on gamespot website

but what am i suppose to do with it?

it's a exe file just like the file used to start the game

Skyblade
10-08-2005, 06:44 AM
i found a chocobo patch on gamespot website

but what am i suppose to do with it?

it's a exe file just like the file used to start the game

Most programs are exe files. Just run it as though it were any other program, and it will install the patch and fix the problem.

Dragon000
10-08-2005, 07:24 AM
whooooo!!!

it worked

thanks a lot everyone!!

Rengori
10-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Best idea: But the PSX version. An old-school Playstation is only like $20 now.

=Angelus=
10-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Myth that will work (in other words, it isn't actually a myth): Download the patch that is needed to play the Chocobo races in Windows XP. It has been presented in plenty of other threads so check previous threads or look it up on the 'Net to find it.
Hmm... i actually have the same problem too.. *gasp* it also happens when i try betting on chocobos :confused:

Could you PM me the website or something?

Anniexo
10-08-2005, 11:02 PM
why don't you just get it on ps1 you can start playing it alot faster