PDA

View Full Version : Tetra Master

Skyblade
10-08-2005, 05:22 AM
Ok, I recently picked up FFIX, and I've gotten up to the first Tetra Master game, but I can't understand the rules at all. I understand how the arrows work and the combo rules, etc. What I can't figure out is what determines which card wins a card battle. Could someone please explain it to me?

GunbladeMaster
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
ok lets say the cards stats are 3P20

The First Number (3): This stands for the attack power of a card. It's hexadecimal, starting from 0 (least powerful) and going to E (most powerful).
The Second Letter (P): This is the card's attack type. There are 4 variations. P stands for Physical, M is Magic, X attacks the lowest defense number, and A attacks the lowest number on the card.
The Third Number (2): This is the card's physical defense. This works in hexadecimal as well, so the lowest is 0 and the highest is E.
The Forth Number (0): This is the card's magical defense. This works in hexadecimal as well, so the lowest is 0 and the highest is E.

The use of all these numbers:
When two cards are placed next to each other and their arrows match up, a card battle begins! When two cards battle, the newly-placed card determines the attack. The attack is based on the newly-placed card's attack power (first number) and attack type (second letter). The newly-placed cards attack number (first number) now fights the enemy card's defense number (Physical or Magic, depending on the newly-placed card's attack type).

so basically if the 1st number is bigger than one of the 2 defense numbers that card becomes urs (depending if its a physical or magical type)