PDA

View Full Version : Ughh... I hate how Nintendo and Sony batttle with video games!

Monster Hunt
10-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Don't you think it's sorta annoying? I mean they're both good! They both make Final fantasy games! or whatever...

What do you think?

By the way please don't say which one's better and start and argument, cause that's just boooooring!!!!!

Rostum
10-08-2005, 01:09 PM
They don't make FF games, Square-Enix do. But I agree, I think they both are good.

Zeldy
10-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Not really. As one is so much better than the other :rolleyes2 I loves teh Nintendo but Sony did make Final Fantasy so they arnt all bad.

Slothy
10-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure I see what you're geting at. Yes both make good games and systems, but they're competitors in a very competitive industry, thus they have to try and outdo the other in the publics eyes, or they go out of business.

Monster Hunt
10-08-2005, 02:05 PM
i know but why do they make it so obvious?

Psychotic
10-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Nintendo v Sony is exciting! Especially fanboys, they always make me smile. The home console market war was dominated by Sony, but the PSP vs DS war is more interesting, as both have scored successes in various regions across the world.

And don't forget, this competition means that the two of them will frequently lower prices in order to get an advantage. ;)

TurkSlayer
10-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Sony and Microsoft are really the only ones still fighting for control home consoles. True, Nintendo is still in the game, but the companies Nintendo Revolution will never beat Sony's PS3 or Microsoft's Xbox 360. Now, when it comes to handheld gaming, Nintendo is still the leader. True, the PSP is cool, but in the words of Adam Sessler "It has less battery power than my :skull::skull::skull::skull:". Ultimately, The DS and SP are what dominate that market right now.

MecaKane
10-08-2005, 03:07 PM
i know but why do they make it so obvious?
If it's not obvious, they aren't doing it in the publics eyes.

Rye
10-08-2005, 03:09 PM
They're both good. :)

Destai
10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
I like em both. Microsofts the one I dont like.

Shoeberto
10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
It seems to me that, more recently, it's been more MS and Sony going at each other, and Nintendo just kind of sitting back and throwing awesome stuff at us in the midst of the bickering.

Rye
10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/Ryechu/holdhands.gif

:<3: Why can't we all just get along? ;_____;

Sephiroths Clone
10-08-2005, 05:15 PM
It seems to me that, more recently, it's been more MS and Sony going at each other, and Nintendo just kind of sitting back and throwing awesome stuff at us in the midst of the bickering.
:tongue:
But yea it has been mostly microsoft vs. sony lately, and i think that its gonna be more obvious in the next generation. Nintendo hasnt told us much of anything concerning their Revolution, while PS3 and 360 has showed us games and even a release date for the 360. So i think that Nintendo might just get lost in the dust, but i certainly hope not.

Ultima Shadow
10-08-2005, 05:24 PM
I like em both. Microsofts the one I dont like.Same here.

Edit:

So i think that Nintendo might just get lost in the dust, but i certainly hope not.I doubt that. It's rather like this... Sony and Microsoft are so busy fighting each other that they don't see the sneaky Nintendo, who suddenly stepps out of the shadows and stabbs them both in the back with with "the ultimate console power!!!" :cool:

XxSephirothxX
10-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Looking at the companies, the only one I like is Nintendo. I don't really give a crap about Sony or Microsoft--I don't think either is in the gaming industry for more than money. But I play Xbox because I love Xbox Live and Halo, and I play Playstation because I love RPGs and some of the other exclusive titles Sony gets its hands on.

Psychotic
10-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Looking at the companies, the only one I like is Nintendo. I don't really give a crap about Sony or Microsoft--I don't think either is in the gaming industry for more than money. Oh come on, surely you don't think Nintendo make games out of the goodness of their hearts, do you? Nintendo is a business, and it cares about profits just as much as Sony and Microsoft do.

Black Mage
10-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Not really. As one is so much better than the other :rolleyes2 I loves teh Nintendo but Sony did make Final Fantasy so they arnt all bad.

Two things wrong with this statement. Sony doesn't make Final Fantasy. And Final Fantasy didn't start at VII.

When it comes to gaming companies, I root for Nintendo. That's not to say I hate Sony or Microsoft, but Nintendo does, and stands for what I like about the gaming market.

Personally, I think the next console generation will start out like many of the PS3 and Xbox360 fans expect, but will end much differently than anyone expects. But hey, if that makes me a "crazy off-base fanboy," than that's what I am.

TurkSlayer
10-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Looking at the companies, the only one I like is Nintendo. I don't really give a crap about Sony or Microsoft--I don't think either is in the gaming industry for more than money. Oh come on, surely you don't think Nintendo make games out of the goodness of their hearts, do you? Nintendo is a business, and it cares about profits just as much as Sony and Microsoft do.

That aside, Nintendo is targeted mostly for people under 13. Sure they have Resident Evil 4, but most of the other stuff is Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc. I like Zelda, and Metroid is decent, but mostly its just kid stuff. And like Psy said, they only care about money, just like the other two.

XxSephirothxX
10-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Of course they care about money. They care about it a lot. But I think they have more of a dedication to gaming than the other two do. Sony and Microsoft almost exclusively publish games--there are very few titles made by Sony's own developers, and the same with Microsoft, though the titles they do produce are often good. But Nintendo has consistently produced quality titles for the past two decades. It's the amazing games, like Zelda, Mario, and Metroid, that draw me to Nintendo.

Psychotic
10-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I'd argue that Nintendo are forced to make quality titles like Zelda, Mario, etc. because hardly any other companies will give them quality exclusives. Look at Sony. If they didn't have series like MGS, FF and GTA (admittedly all three series have featured on other consoles, but the games are either delayed by a year or not part of the main series) then I imagine they would be forced to make great games too. Both Sony and Microsoft concentrate on technology and allow others to produce games for their console, whereas Nintendo do both. I don't think that shows a difference in motive, just a difference in business strategy.

escobert
10-08-2005, 07:26 PM

Dreddz
10-08-2005, 07:55 PM

DJZen
10-08-2005, 08:24 PM
I hate Sony as a company, but I still buy their consoles. I think they way they treat their customer base in general, not just in terms of game consoles, is pretty bad. Also, the Xbox out of all 3 consoles really did the worst. The Gamecube started doing a LOT better after Soul Calibur 2, Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4 came out. The console's sales started out badly then slowly started picking up steam, as opposed to the Xbox which started out fairly good then completely dropped off the map after people realized the only reasons to own one were Halo and Dead or Alive: Xtreme B00b Volleyball.

ljkkjlcm9
10-08-2005, 09:00 PM
ok, misconception, Nintendo doesn't aim its games at people of a young age, they just aim it at everyone, games anyone can play and enjoy. I mean the whole idea of the Revolution is to expand the gaming market with a controller that will make it easier to learn how to play because it will come more naturally.

Secondly, if you ask either nintendo or microsoft, which are honestly pretty much dead even for 2nd, they're both just competing against Sony and ignore the other one.

Also, Nintendo is always cheaper and seems to make it easier for people with less money to be able to buy and enjoy games, and considering they're trying to attract more casual gamers in the next generation, having a cheaper system will definitely allow this possibility.

The one thing I don't like about Sony, is mainly the PSP. They're like, Nintendo is dominating so let's try and get in there. A bunch of people jump on the wagon and are like, PSP is better cause it's made by Sony, and it plays movies. Alright, yeah it plays movies, but you have to buy them in a special format for me, so I pay an extra 50 dollars for the system, then have to buy my movies for them, so they can only be watched on my PSP... uhm, I think I'll pass. I have no problem with them in the console wars, they're system is pretty good, but I enjoy a lot more Nintendo games, so I go with the Nintendo system.

THE JACKEL

Slothy
10-08-2005, 09:09 PM
I doubt that. It's rather like this... Sony and Microsoft are so busy fighting each other that they don't see the sneaky Nintendo, who suddenly stepps out of the shadows and stabbs them both in the back with with "the ultimate console power!!!" :cool:

When Nintendo decides to actually show there console, then I and the rest of the world can decide if they're still in the game. I mean what have they shown us? The console design, and an admittedly unique and innovative controller. But controllers don't sell systems, games do. So far we've already seen a fair bit of what Sony and Microsoft have to offer, and while the public is busy being blown away by MGS4, Nintendo is being their usual tight lipped selves. As much as I hate to say it, sometimes their problem is that they don't generate enough hype for themselves. Yeah, people were interested in the Revolution controller, and are still curious about trying it out, but if they don't show off some games that make me want to open my wallet for them, I'll find it very difficult to maintain my interest in the long run.

Traitorfish
10-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I just think that the whole console war thingy goes a bit far. It's really the companies that are meant to have the 'war', but when it spills over into the rest of the world, and people start arguing about it, it's just dumb. You don't need to support Nintendo or Sony- let them sort it out.
Just sit back and enjoy the games.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-08-2005, 11:03 PM
I personally think Sony rips off a lot of its stuff off of Nintendo...
I like Nintendo mainly because they have games that appeal to anyone.
Because of the fact they have nearly no M rated games and a good balance of E and T rated games, the press doesn't hound on them for having violent, sexual, inappropriate, etc material. Sony and Microsoft get heavily hounded because of series like GTA.

TurkSlayer
10-08-2005, 11:58 PM
I personally think Sony rips off a lot of its stuff off of Nintendo...

Sony and Nintendo have a very bad relationship. You see, the Playstaion was originally a joint project between the two companies because they wanted to beat Sega. However, Nintendo stabbed them in the back and joined with Phillips (Very bad decision). Sony was outraged, but continued with the project. So, any ripping off they may do is probably out of money gaining and possibly a little vengance.

Yuffie514
10-09-2005, 07:09 AM
nah, i don't see a feud between them, just as long as Final Fantasy stays mainstream w/Sony. i don't mind some Final Fantasy games on Nintendo DS/GBA...just don't hop around all over the place and my savings will be a bundle of joy. i like my 'Cube, but i'm dealing with the low-ca$h blues!!!

DMKA
10-09-2005, 07:54 AM
I used to really love Nintendo, but after SNES they got a little to slow and crappy for me. I love Sony, and I don't really care about Microsoft in the videogame world.

Ultima Shadow
10-09-2005, 10:22 AM
When Nintendo decides to actually show there console, then I and the rest of the world can decide if they're still in the game. I mean what have they shown us? The console design, and an admittedly unique and innovative controller. But controllers don't sell systems, games do. So far we've already seen a fair bit of what Sony and Microsoft have to offer, and while the public is busy being blown away by MGS4, Nintendo is being their usual tight lipped selves. As much as I hate to say it, sometimes their problem is that they don't generate enough hype for themselves. Yeah, people were interested in the Revolution controller, and are still curious about trying it out, but if they don't show off some games that make me want to open my wallet for them, I'll find it very difficult to maintain my interest in the long run.Super Smash Bros 3, nuff said. That game alone is enough reason for me to buy the Revolution. :p

It's one of the games that probably will be released at the same time as the Revolution itself.

Monster Hunt
10-09-2005, 11:22 AM
I just started a bad thread didn't I?, sorry!!!!
Oh and personally this is my order between the three

1) Nintendo
2) Sony
3) Xbox (not interested really)

Slothy
10-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Super Smash Bros 3, nuff said. That game alone is enough reason for me to buy the Revolution. :p

It's one of the games that probably will be released at the same time as the Revolution itself.

May be good for you, but what about those off us that hated the first two games. I'm also more interested in seeing how these games are going to use the controller than just seeing it. I want some solid info on the games and Nintendo isn't providing it as usual. It makes it a little tough to get excited for them.

That said, my order of preference for the next gen looks like this for now:
1)Sony
2)Nintendo (only for the downloadable older games at this point)
3)Well there isn't a 3rd actually. Microsoft has yet to show me anything that interests me at all, and the original Xbox had no exclusives I was interested in either, so.....

Ultima Shadow
10-09-2005, 03:19 PM
May be good for you, but what about those off us that hated the first two games. I'm also more interested in seeing how these games are going to use the controller than just seeing it. I want some solid info on the games and Nintendo isn't providing it as usual. It makes it a little tough to get excited for them.If you hate SSBM, you're a very, very evil being. BACK OFF, FOUL CREATURE!!!

Bleh, then just wait and find out. Most people won't be able to afford buying any of these consoles as soon as they are released anyways. :greenie:

Destai
10-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I used to really love Nintendo, but after SNES they got a little to slow and crappy for me. I love Sony, and I don't really care about Microsoft in the videogame world.Did Nintendo even exist before the NES?

TurkSlayer
10-09-2005, 03:58 PM
I used to really love Nintendo, but after SNES they got a little to slow and crappy for me. I love Sony, and I don't really care about Microsoft in the videogame world.Did Nintendo even exist before the NES?

No, so DMKA only like one system.

1)Sony
2)Microsoft
3)Nintendo (its not that I don't like them, but none of there games appeal to me. Only series of games of Nintendo's that I like is Zelda, and everything else is just lame.)

Alive-Cat
10-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Sony are better. Full stop.

Slothy
10-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Bleh, then just wait and find out. Most people won't be able to afford buying any of these consoles as soon as they are released anyways. :greenie:

I'm already planning on putting the money away to get a PS3 at launch. It's not so much having to wait to find out what games are going to show up on the Revolution that bugs me, it's that Nintendo doesn't seem the slightest bit concerned that the other two companies are already winning over some gamers with titles that have been shown, while Nintendo seems confident that their system will sell based on the classic games and the controller alone. The classic games may play a role in it for some, but I do think they're hurting themselves by not showing the games that are going to sell the system. I mean let's face it, a lot of people probably decided on buying a PS3 as soon as they laid eyes on MGS4 (or DMC4, RE5, Sonic, etc.).

Maxico
10-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Did Nintendo even exist before the NES?

Yes, they were founded a good 94 years before the NES was released.

XxSephirothxX
10-09-2005, 06:10 PM
I'd argue that Nintendo are forced to make quality titles like Zelda, Mario, etc. because hardly any other companies will give them quality exclusives. Look at Sony. If they didn't have series like MGS, FF and GTA (admittedly all three series have featured on other consoles, but the games are either delayed by a year or not part of the main series) then I imagine they would be forced to make great games too. Both Sony and Microsoft concentrate on technology and allow others to produce games for their console, whereas Nintendo do both. I don't think that shows a difference in motive, just a difference in business strategy.

That could be applied to the current generation of consoles, but what about the ones from the past? Nintendo made awesome games on the NES and SNES, as well as on the original Gameboy and GBC (especially Mario--a lot of people hated Sunshine, but you can't say that games like Super Mario World, Mario Bros. 3, etc.) when they were absolutely dominant in the industry.

Monster Hunt
10-10-2005, 09:34 AM
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ImadeabadtopicImadeabadtopicImadeabadtopicwhatshouldIdowhatshouldIdo!!!!
*presses the "panic button" many times* This never works... *chucks away*

DMKA
10-10-2005, 09:44 AM

No, so DMKA only like one system.
I said after the SNES, meaning I loved the SNES. Still one of if not the single best system ever, in my opinion.

cookieface
10-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Nintendo's finished. It will make one last jolt like a dead movie monster before their crappy consoles and handhelds are finally put down for good. Then Beethoven's Ode to joy will be heard.

Lionx
10-11-2005, 08:36 AM
At least Nintendo's consoles are more likely by far not to break if you accidentally drop it.

Skyblade
10-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Personally, I think Nintendo is the best, simply because I think that their systems get high quality games more frequently than the other two competitors. Then comes Sony, because they do come out with a gem every once in a while (true, it is usually an FF game, but it is still usually a Playstation only game). Finally we get Microsoft, who never should have moved to the console market in the first place (IMHO).

But looking at things from a less biased standpoint, which system is better really depends on what you're looking for. Nintendo is tops in puzzle/party games, action/adventure games, and all games of a less than serious nature. Playstation is the system to get for good RPGs. And the XBox is nice if you like racing games. I might be a little off in this assessment, but that's what I've noticed for the various systems.

Oh, yes, and Nintendo is the undisputed champion of the handheld market. No other company can come close to them, because they can't compete with the sheer genius of Nintendo's marketing strategy in the handheld market. Put simply, for years no one except Nintendo tried to release a handheld game. Game Gear was nice, but it drained batteries way too quickly and it died pretty much the same time as the Genesis. Meanwhile Nintendo kept building its library of excellent handheld games. Then, in recent years, some other companies arrived and began putting their own handheld machines on the market. So Nintendo makes the GBC and eventually the GBA. With the GBA, not only did gamers get access to an entire new library of excellent games, but they can also play the entire library of their old GB games on the GBA as well. Backwards compatibility let the GBA wipe out every competitor out there with the sheer number of excellent titles. Now the DS comes out, once again with the ability to play previous games. While it would have been better had it been able to play all GB games, even letting it just play the GBA games gives it access to far more high quality titles than the PSP once its released. True, most people still have their GBAs (to play their old GB games if nothing else), but for people who don't have a handheld system, the DS has a much larger selection than the PSP. If Nintendo keeps this up, they should be able to have a monopoly on the handheld gaming market for a good many years to come. If only they had employed this strategy in their console systems...

Shadowdeathrose
10-11-2005, 09:53 AM
who cares if they fight or not we get gd consols and get t have fun and they have fun makeing the stuff and beating there competitors

Lionx
10-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Really Nintendo just made one HUGE mistake when they decided not to make a CD platformed console with N64. Thats just it really. Sony just rode off of that success and into what it is today.

To me however Xbox's only REAL strength is online play. The other games so far are...well nice titles but nothing really that makes you wanna get an Xbox over the other consoles next to maybe DoA and Halo(its not enough though..just 2 i mean). If anything done right, i feel Xbox did for online play.

PS however is just more deals with people, more third party developers doesnt mean that Sony made a gem or anything its just that they got good buisness negoiations for those that actually made the gems. However their games as of late are just doing similiar formula's of success, in which there is very little that stands out as innovation besides the Eye Toy which wasnt that popular..although it was a step.

Now Nintendo i feel focused alot more on game quality at least on what they make themselves, and usually they do use a Zelda or Mario game and try something new all the time. Like the C Stick usage..sorta like how the N64 tried to push their games forward with the Z Button(which i thought was TOTALLY awesome). Nintendo lacks third party support for the most part, however they do, for just about every single first party game, try something new and make something as lame as Mario Tennis (conceptually) into something really fun(and i dont play sport games, and instead of that sweaty grunting hardcore sport feel, i feel i am playing a VIDEO GAME for once *nostalgic feel*). Seems just about every game they do they try at least treading a little new water and i feel thats good. The GBA however helps mantain the classic style of play too and i like that, and i hope all handhelds will keep that SNES golden days intact(2-D platformers..and other 2-D games MUST LIVE ON!).

I ono just rambling here, personally i feel Nintendo as a game maker and company is much more competent, just lacking support from other developers that would try to use their innovative tools. Sony IMO just rode off the fault Nintendo made and never really do much i feel that is noteworthy as a company besides maybe introduce Everquest. MS needs to be broken down, they did nothing besides test out the waters and popularity of online play which i THINK wasnt that great in asian countries. >_>;

.....Mac forever!!!! <3

Monster Hunt
10-11-2005, 10:11 AM
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO I STOP THIS???!!!

udsuna
10-11-2005, 01:10 PM
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO I STOP THIS???!!!

Don't. People are enjoying this thread. Or become a recognized member: they can close their own threads. But good luck on THAT. It'll be a considerable length of time, this thread will have sank into obscurity by then.

And personally, I love all the old Nintendo games. They opened the Final Fantasy series. I'm not sure what the story was exactly with them and Squaresoft. They also opened Zelda: which is quite possibly the first, and best, merger of RPG and action/adventure to have ever been created. And they had so many other fun games. Unfortunately, their golden age was the SNES- all downhill from their.

Sony, they do alright. They play the game smarter than Sega did, but they're playing EXACTLY the same game. Demanding exclusivity contracts.... which is what buried Sega, really. Sony's pretty cutthroat, in comparison to other console marketing. But they got all the best games in the last 6 years or so.

As for X-box.... I swear Bill Gates won't be happy until he owns everything electronic on this planet. Seriously. The man is greedy to the point of insanity.

TurkSlayer
10-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Well, now that I've been learning a little more about the next gen. consoles, there is a chance that Nintendo will pull back into the game. The Xbox 360 is going to be a VERY expensive system (I forgot the exact price, but it will be much higher than the Xbox when it was first released.) and, supposedly, the games are going to be seventy dollars. I haven't heard too much about the PS3, but from what I know, the console itself won't be too much less. Now, I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm not exactly the richest guy in town, and I really don't want to buy an expensive system and then pay seventy dollars for just one game. The Nintendo Revolution, however, is suppose to be far less expensive for both the system and the games. This may make people go for the less expensive system. Then again, it was the same when the Gamecube came out, and it didn't do so well. But this is slightly different, because now the systems are even more expensive.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-11-2005, 06:54 PM
This was my personal experience when I was about to buy my PS2

Nitendo-I heard bad thing about GameCube, so I was a little iffy about it. Though Nitendo has Zelda, which I love. Plus Nitendo always have these cool fun games, or so that is my experience.

PS2-FINAL FANTASY!!! Also the fact that it was a DvD player

Xbox-Meh, nothing attractive. Most of its games were not my type.

Saying that, I got a PS2, but if FF was on Nitendo, I would have bought it with in a heartbeat. In all honesty, I really want to get a N 64 so I can play the games that I missed, like the Zelda ones, and Smash Brothers, etc... So maybe in the near fututre I will buy a second hand one for a reasonable price...*coughs* 50$ CDN *coughs**thinks more*...Maybe Christmas this year...*has a list of N64 games that he loved, eventhough he never had a N64, but played it at various places*

So since I grew up with NES, and such Nitendo will always have a special place in my heart.

My favorite memory while gaming: I was playing Mario Party at a friend's, and I was using Peach. I won a mini-game and went, "Who's the woman, I am the woman!"

EDIT: Considering what Lindy said, I want to play Pokemon Stadium too.

Karl
10-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Really Nintendo just made one HUGE mistake when they decided not to make a CD platformed console with N64. Thats just it really. Sony just rode off of that success and into what it is today.
man, im like the only person i know that thinks cartidges are better, they are so durable, a disc, 1 bad scratch and its garbage, like 50 bucks down the hole

also i think nintendo is the only choice for handheld games, most of their games for any gameboy is specifically made for the system, they dont just take a game from their current mainstream system and give it bs graphics and cut things out to fit it into the cartrige/disk, if u play something for a sonsole then play it handheld it would piss u off how they rip u off with the quality

also overall nintendo should win, its got the most age friendly games, games fun for all ages, its usually multiplayer based, its got history with a lot of die hard nintendo fans, and its got its classic games that it keeps dragging out to no end, but in their case thats not a bad thing seeing as everytime they make a new one its a big success, and they have been around and survived so long that they probably know what people want and how to do things right, but unfourtunately there is the majority of people who are just all about violence, sex, storts, ect who will go for xbox or ps cuz thats what those systems do, and those are the systems that go for online play.

Lindy
10-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Anyone who thinks that Nintendo games are for kids is a moron.

Hey guys, you're already playing video games, refusing to play a game with colours and a cheerful theme isn't going to make you any less of a dork than you already are.

Being able to play a game purely because it's fun and you enjoy it, looking beyond what anyone might view as "kiddy" is far more mature than just thinking "lol gunz n violence is teh matoor!".

Get over yourselves.

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Anyone who thinks that Nintendo games are for kids is a moron.

Hey guys, you're already playing video games, refusing to play a game with colours and a cheerful theme isn't going to make you any less of a dork than you already are.

Being able to play a game purely because it's fun and you enjoy it, looking beyond what anyone might view as "kiddy" is far more mature than just thinking "lol gunz n violence is teh matoor!".

Get over yourselves.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :p

Noctivagus
10-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Idea...join all three companies together to make one ULTIMATE console :D lol.

I'll be honest, I much prefer Nintendo Classic (NES) to the newer Nintendos I love the original FF's as well, but theres something about Sony games <3

Lionx
10-12-2005, 02:33 AM
man, im like the only person i know that thinks cartidges are better, they are so durable, a disc, 1 bad scratch and its garbage, like 50 bucks down the hole

In the long run i do agree that in general the cart can and probably will last longer than the CD/DVD. However that doesnt mean that its very expensive to make games for carts and its very limited in technology. If there was a choice i also prefer carts, because for one theres no load time, and most importantly....you cant mooch money off memory cards(which for some godforsaken reason is not included in the console when you buy it..not even a 2MB card or something). But so far, there IS a reason why we use discs and not carts for console these days.

That and whatever happened to including one game with your console? That hella rocked with my SNES.

Monster Hunt
10-12-2005, 09:44 AM
*reads more* you guys got a point *nods head*