PDA

View Full Version : Best team...

Carl the Llama
10-08-2005, 08:47 PM
[TR][TD]what would you consider the best team for Valkurm and why.

DJZen
10-08-2005, 08:52 PM
That's REALLY hard to say, it depends on which levels we're talking about, as well as the competancy of the players.

Lionx
10-08-2005, 08:56 PM
There is no absolute BEST team really tbh as long as its not a retard jobbed party. If i had to be a prick i would say any party with a powerlevel >_>;

But in all seriousness

WAR/MNK would be the optimal tank at these low levels.
Any melee damager is the same at these levels.
A WHM, a BLM or RDM, and one other mage.

Ouch!
10-09-2005, 01:22 AM
There are too many things that can work out well. I mean, when I was leveling RNG on my old character I had this horrible set-up, but it worked great: RNG/WAR, RNG/WAR, RNG/WAR, WHM/BLM, WAR/MNK. Not even a full party and we were owning pugs. Of course, this was before the RNG nerf and we were all horribly over-powered.

Lionx
10-09-2005, 01:54 AM
BLM(subless), BLM/WHM, PLD, NIN, and THF(subless) - best D: on pugs.

Miriel
10-09-2005, 02:35 AM
BLM(subless), BLM/WHM, PLD, NIN, and THF(subless) - best D: on pugs.

:thumb:

DJZen
10-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Actually, a 2 NIN team after they get Utsusemi and once they figure out the timing is really good too, you won't even need a WHM for healing, you can just use a RDM or something. This is where the competancy factor comes into play.

Carl the Llama
10-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Actually, a 2 NIN team after they get Utsusemi and once they figure out the timing is really good too, you won't even need a WHM for healing, you can just use a RDM or something. This is where the competancy factor comes into play.

[TR][TD]yes i agree on this count as i was in a party with a nin eirlier and i felt like a loose end. it was good, untill the puller got aggro, i ended up haveing to use my 2 hour everyone lived except me lol but i still got exp for the fight as my hp was about 20 steps away lol

Ouch!
10-10-2005, 01:09 AM
The two NIN strategy is great. I had two NIN/WARs and a THF/NIN in my party last night and they just kept bouncing the hate off of each other. I barely had to heal at all unless their shadows got eaten through by an aoe attack. Usually in this situation I'd enfeeble the mobs, but we had a RDM so that was taken care of. I ended up banish nuking, which was fun.

I still prefer the NIN/WAR and PLD/WAR combination. You don't have to worry about waiting for the Utsusemi recast time for the NINs if something goes sour and when the PLD vokes off they can take some hits and heal most of the damage on their own until the NIN can voke off of them with shadows up.

Vaprice
10-11-2005, 04:05 AM
I always like to see a whole party of just warriors and see how well they do without a healer. Without any stops they all just wander the dunes searching for stuff to beat up... oh the cries of weak *sigh* hehehehe oh that was naughty

Rostum
10-11-2005, 06:00 AM
I still prefer the NIN/WAR and PLD/WAR combination. You don't have to worry about waiting for the Utsusemi recast time for the NINs if something goes sour and when the PLD vokes off they can take some hits and heal most of the damage on their own until the NIN can voke off of them with shadows up.

God damn lazy WHM's.