PDA

View Full Version : need omnislash? (spoilers)

Anniexo
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
okay there are two way to get omnislash the long way everyone talk about..but there is a better way. As you may know you only need omnislash to kill the 3rd sephiroth don't worry if you don't know when you get to him becuase when you start the fight you WILL have it no matter what so don't wast time trying to get it just get down their and kill sephiroth's butt (this is just for people who hasn't beaten the game yet)

Levian
10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
But you won't be able to use it after that since it's, you know, the end of the game and all. Why people want to get Omnislash is to use it in the game, which you can't after the final boss. It's like winning at the lottery and dying the very next day of cancer and herpes.

Anniexo
10-08-2005, 11:07 PM
yes but it saves time getting it that is why i started this thread

Rostum
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Everyone knows that, and anything you do will kill Sephiroth no matter what. It's just a plot-driven battle.

If you really want to have fun with Omnislash, you may as well just go and get it rather than wait til the very last moment of the game.

Rengori
10-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Everyone knows that, and anything you do will kill Sephiroth no matter what.
Defending didn't seem to kill him, and neither did moving to the back row. In fact, defending seemed to do about 6000 damage to me and moving to the back row killed me.

Skyblade
10-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Defending didn't seem to kill him, and neither did moving to the back row. In fact, defending seemed to do about 6000 damage to me and moving to the back row killed me.

Really? I didn't think you could lose that fight. I thought if he attacked you you automatically counter attacked him, killing him.

Rengori
10-09-2005, 02:25 AM

Really? I didn't think you could lose that fight. I thought if he attacked you you automatically counter attacked him, killing him.
Nope. You can lose that battle.

Masamune·1600
10-09-2005, 04:59 AM
No, you can't. The battle script automatically determines the parameters for the battle; Sephiroth's attack, should you hesiatate/Defend/Row Change, deals damage equal to 31/32 of Cloud's HP. The script then forces Cloud to Counterattack; this Counterattack cannot fail to defeat Seph. The only way one could possibly lose this battle is via a glitch that, to the best of my knowledge, no one has previously encountered.

Rengori
10-09-2005, 05:03 AM
No, you can't. The battle script automatically determines the parameters for the battle; Sephiroth's attack, should you hesiatate/Defend/Row Change, deals damage equal to 31/32 of Cloud's HP. The script then forces Cloud to Counterattack; this Counterattack cannot fail to defeat Seph. The only way one could possibly lose this battle is via a glitch that, to the best of my knowledge, no one has previously encountered.
I remember losing once. Or maybe I fell asleep, it was like 3 o' clock in the morning.

Anniexo
10-10-2005, 09:27 PM
okay i started this thread to let people know who can't be ass to get omnislash the long way (like me) so they know what would happen if they didn't get in just so you all know why i did it and plase don't reply saying saying something like
"But you can only use it ones blah blah blah" i know that but i still can't be assed to get it the long way okay

Fonzie
10-11-2005, 03:04 AM
It's not that hard to get just takes a little effort. Same thing with Final Attack and KotR

Anniexo
10-11-2005, 08:30 PM
It's not that hard to get just takes a little effort. Same thing with Final Attack and KotR

ya and i can't be ass to do it lol

Flying Mullet
10-11-2005, 08:39 PM
You don't seem to understand what people are saying.
You don't really have omnislash at the end of the game. The game's over at that point and it's a story driven battle, just like the battles with Sephiroth in the Nibelheim flashbacks. You didn't earn it, you only were given it for a story battle. So until you actually earn it as a limit break before the last battle, you never have gotten Omnislash.

No one cares about whether you have Omnislash or not in the last battle because it's a story battle and you haven't earned Omnislash.

Plus, it's not like someone beat the game and didn't have Omnislash in the last story battle. You're not helping anyone.

Anniexo
10-11-2005, 10:17 PM
You don't seem to understand what people are saying.
You don't really have omnislash at the end of the game. The game's over at that point and it's a story driven battle, just like the battles with Sephiroth in the Nibelheim flashbacks. You didn't earn it, you only were given it for a story battle. So until you actually earn it as a limit break before the last battle, you never have gotten Omnislash.

No one cares about whether you have Omnislash or not in the last battle because it's a story battle and you haven't earned Omnislash.

Plus, it's not like someone beat the game and didn't have Omnislash in the last story battle. You're not helping anyone.

and you did seem to understand one of my other posts on this thread saying that some people like my self can't be ass to get it befor they fight sephiroth and i said it was for people who hadn't gotten that far yet so please for everyone eles who wants to give me a tell off read all my posts on here

Rengori
10-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Yah, just so you know, Omnislash only takes about half an hour to get. We're asses to spend half an hour playing a video game?

Anniexo
10-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Yah, just so you know, Omnislash only takes about half an hour to get. We're asses to spend half an hour playing a video game?

okay how many time do i have to say this IT'S FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T I SAID CAN'T BE ASSED TO GET IT :mad2: now plases stop posted saying ya but it only take so long blah blah only posted if ya like me and can't be assed to go around and get every lil thing that you can get

Flying Mullet
10-11-2005, 10:24 PM
and you did seem to understand one of my other posts on this thread saying that some people like my self can't be ass to get it befor they fight sephiroth and i said it was for people who hadn't gotten that far yet so please for everyone eles who wants to give me a tell off read all my posts on here
But that's just it, you don't get Omnislash. You have a story battle command that does Omnislash. Everyone that wants to get it gets it before the final battle. You're telling people that want it before the end of the game that they get it during the ending, when no one cares that they have it because they want it during the game, not during the ending.

That battle with Sephiroth is part of the ending, not a final battle.

And just to reiterate in response to your first post that started the thread, people talk about getting Omnislash for use during the game, while you're talking about using it during the ending during a story battle. They are two completely different things.

You didn't get Omnislash during the ending story battle, it's just a symbolic scene where you destroy and influence Sephiroth has on Cloud's mind. So when people talk about getting Omnislash they ONLY mean getting it during the course of the game where they can use it in battles and such (the ending story with Sephiroth does not count as a battle in this sense, so it doesn't count).

Anniexo
10-11-2005, 10:26 PM
I give up

Flying Mullet
10-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Thank you.

Anniexo
10-11-2005, 10:30 PM
okay Flying Mullet can you lock this know

Swifthom
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
I remember getting to the final battle, knowing that Sephiroth was apparently easy...
I didn't have Omnislash, but smiled happily when it appeared...

Then with horror I killed him in one move... So many unanswered questions, like;
What if I hadn't used omnislash and waited for Sephiroth to attack first?

It was just so shocking, a one move kill. I mean, it was easier than the Final Boss in FFX, where it's impossible to die, this was just....

Okay, it wasn't a let down because it was intruiging and kinda cool to at last fight to human Sephiroth, but, I mean.. What a let down. :(

Vyk
10-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Why was it a let down? You already beat him in a non-scripted battle. I never knew about Omnislash when I beat the game. My jaw dropped in that final stand-off. I decided then that I had to find it and get it. After that time though I piddled with the options. Let Seph attack. You counter attack, it's over. Blah. Omnislash was so much cooler.

Neco Arc
10-17-2005, 07:25 AM
imagine trying to get both omnislash and W-summon from battle square when all of a sudden
POWER CUT...

Sephitachi7
10-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Useless thread, the title is need omnislash? and then he says. Well if you get to the final boss you'll get it there... Hmm If you need it is to use it during the game, if you wait until the end the game is over so you wouldn't really need it...

USELESS THREAD!!! Should be closed.

with all respect, it was pretty useless from the beginning. Don't be mad, it's just the truth.

Flying Mullet
10-17-2005, 05:32 PM
That's exactly the point that everyone has been arguing in this thread.

Anniexo
10-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Useless thread, the title is need omnislash? and then he says. Well if you get to the final boss you'll get it there... Hmm If you need it is to use it during the game, if you wait until the end the game is over so you wouldn't really need it...

USELESS THREAD!!! Should be closed.

with all respect, it was pretty useless from the beginning. Don't be mad, it's just the truth.

am not mad and am not a boy am a girl

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:11 PM
oh sorry Maiyo_Yoem I didn't know you were a girl... my apologies.

Anniexo
11-19-2005, 10:41 PM
it's okay and can some one cloes this now

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:49 PM
lol seriously it's been a long time...

Anniexo
11-24-2005, 08:09 PM
i know NOW CAN SOME ON CLOES THIS!!!

Vyk
11-24-2005, 09:02 PM
If you stop replying in it, it'll fade into oblivion anyway

Anniexo
11-24-2005, 09:04 PM
okay every one stop posting and leave it

Mirage
11-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I want to say lol, but I won't. O shi...

Anniexo
11-25-2005, 07:59 PM
god do i have to post two times in a row to get this locked if so am doing it

Vyk
11-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Well if you hadn't replied to me, it would have drifted off into oblivion! :D Just ignore any posts, it'll go away. It doesn't HAVE to be locked. But if you want it locked so badly, just PM a mod or warn someone's post from this thread to draw attention here or something.

sephiroth the dark angel
11-26-2005, 10:45 AM
i disagree...