PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

Kingdom Hearts Fanatic
10-08-2005, 11:04 PM
1) Just exactly how much is the North American version of Final Fantasy different from the PAL/International version. I'm thinking of getting it, yet, don't want to without knowing what I'm purchasing.

2) Filling all the HP/MP spheres on the Sphere grid, how much do you have overall and how much damage can you cause physically/magically with all the strength/magic spheres filled too? Basically what I'm trying to ask is how much can you max your stats.

3) Dark Aeons, I know little about them, but when in battle with them, can you use the same aeon against it? For example, if I fight Dark Anima, can use the real Anima in battle? Are they really hard and require a lot of time and effort to beat?

4) What are the names of the ''extra'' bosses in the game?

5) Is it possible to beat them below 10, 000 HP. I've just watch a clip were Tidus, Yuna and Auron fight this weird-looking monster on the airship and it only took away like maybe 5, 000 HP from their 9, 999 or am I seeing things?

:confused:

Any form of help would very apperciated.

Bowser
10-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, do you have the clip to show people? :confused:

Russielloyd
10-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Mosy likely the video you saw of Tidus and the gang fight Penance.

Your oly able to fight him after defeating all the dark aeons.

He has 12 million HP.

TheSpoonyBard
10-09-2005, 01:03 AM
1) The main difference is the North American version doesn't have Dark Aeons, Anima's Oblivion and the Magus Sisters' Delta Attack only hit once, and Quick Hit is cheaper to use. There may be more, but that's what I can recall.

3) You can use the same aeon against them, but generally it's better to keep your characters in battle. They are quite hard and will require extensive levelling up, unless you plan to Zanmato them.

5) It is possible to beat them when you have <10,000 HP. In fact, many players are of the opinion that BHPL is entirely unnecessary.

Shalashaska
10-09-2005, 01:27 AM
1) Just exactly how much is the North American version of Final Fantasy different from the PAL/International version. I'm thinking of getting it, yet, don't want to without knowing what I'm purchasing. It's not that different, not compared to say FFX-2: International. There are the Dark Aeons, Penance, a few new abilities (such as Full Break, Quick Pockets, etc.), the Expert Sphere Grid, new font for battle damage numbers, some new battle quotes, and a few attacks hit more than once (Oblivion, Delta Attack, Tornado).

2) Filling all the HP/MP spheres on the Sphere grid, how much do you have overall and how much damage can you cause physically/magically with all the strength/magic spheres filled too? Basically what I'm trying to ask is how much can you max your stats.All of your base stats max out at 255. If you max all of those and take 999MP (more than enough) then you will end up with about 75,000HP in the International version and 65,000HP in the NA version if you choose to BHPL. The most damage you can do is 99,999.

3) Dark Aeons, I know little about them, but when in battle with them, can you use the same aeon against it? For example, if I fight Dark Anima, can use the real Anima in battle? Are they really hard and require a lot of time and effort to beat? Yes you can use the same Aeons. The first 4 can be beaten with fairly low stats (lower than 100) while the others take a bit more powering up. If you can beat the original creations in the monster arena then the Dark Aeons (the last 4 anyway, the first 4 are easy) shouldn't prove to be much more difficult.

4) What are the names of the ''extra'' bosses in the game? The only extra boss, other than the Dark Aeons, is Penance.

5) Is it possible to beat them below 10, 000 HP. I've just watch a clip were Tidus, Yuna and Auron fight this weird-looking monster on the airship and it only took away like maybe 5, 000 HP from their 9, 999 or am I seeing things? It is completely possible and, in some cases, much easier. The boss you saw in the video was Penance.

Also, please use the search button next time as these same questions and answers appear about every 2.5 days.

rubah
10-09-2005, 01:47 AM
I thought the Expert grid in International had fewer spheres than the Beginner's grid, which would mean you would have more HP in the NA version.

Russielloyd
10-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Also another thing thats not in the NA version thats in the PAL/International version, is Ribbon. Everybody knows that Ribbon protects you from every status element in the game.You use 99 Dark Matters on a empty slot on Armour equipment.

Shalashaska
10-09-2005, 03:07 AM
The Expert SG does have less nodes than the beginner/NA grid.

Kingdom Hearts Fanatic
10-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Also, please use the search button next time as these same questions and answers appear about every 2.5 days.
My bad, I didn't know. But since there is no FAQ for the International verison of this game, it's NOT hard to see why these questions pop 2.6 days as you say. Thanks for your help, though, but I'm still wondering about MP.

Shalashaska
10-09-2005, 07:30 AM
No there is no FAQ but if people would look at the actual site there is a section titled 'International Differences' under the FFX section. With 1MP cost 999MP is more than enough and you will rarely be using magic with the harder enemies anyway, just when you want to heal.

The Mad Dragon
10-10-2005, 06:35 AM
1) The main difference is the North American version doesn't have Dark Aeons, Anima's Oblivion and the Magus Sisters' Delta Attack only hit once.

Having seen Anima's Oblivion in the NA version, it does it more than once.