PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Game Titans!

Elite Lord Sigma
10-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Have you ever wondered who would win in a matchup between two video game characters? Well here's your chance. Name any two characters and the judges will judge (pun not intended) the matchup. I also hold tournaments frequently.

Tournament Rules

1. To enter, you must either:
A. Name the character you want to enter.
B. The winner of a nontournament match will automatically be entered.

2. There is a limit of 16 different characters a tournament.

3. If a character has won a tournament, they may not enter any further ones.

I'm not appointing judges at this time.

Thread Rules

1. Don't send in idiotic matchups.

2. Do not spam, flame, troll, etc.

3. Video game characters only.

4. The judge/judges' decision is final. You may feel free to disagree though.

Current Tournaments:

Alpha Arrangement

1. Mega Man
2. Jak
3. Samus Aran
4. Sol Badguy
5. Mario
6. Link
7. Alex
8. Dr. Robotnik
9. Klonoa
10. Ryu

Judges

Elite Lord Sigma
TurkSlayer
lionx
Rengori
Skyblade

TurkSlayer
10-08-2005, 11:50 PM
I'll assist you, if you'd like.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Sure, you may help.

Lionx
10-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Eh why not lol i will help you for fun :x

I gots a latta moe info!!
10-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Is this just Final Fantasy or any game?

TurkSlayer
10-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Elite Lord Sigma, TurkSlayer, and lionx: The great triumvirate that will take control of EOFF! We will rule with an iron fist, then find ourselves quickly destroying one another in hopes of gaining total control! I will probably be the current day Augustus, and begin the 207 year Pax Romana of EOFF!

... Or we could stick to tournament judging... My ideas more fun.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 01:41 AM
You may use any video game character. If this were only Final Fantasy characters, I would have put this in the General Final Fantasy forum

Rengori
10-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Megaman X vs. Barret

TurkSlayer
10-09-2005, 03:31 AM
BTW, are we judges allowed to make suggestions?

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 03:46 AM
Yes.

Megaman X vs. Barret

I'd say Megaman would win, because even though Barret has brute strength, Megaman has a humongous cannon and a sword. So he wins by default. I need to wait for my fellow judges though.

Don't double post. Use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

TurkSlayer
10-09-2005, 03:50 AM
I agree; Barret has muscle and a gunarm, and Megaman is made of metal (Much better than muscle) and also has a gun arm. Also, Megaman has a larger arsenal.

Rengori
10-09-2005, 04:40 AM
But Barret has a satlite cannon!

Spammerman
10-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Ratchet vs Jak(both from the 3rd game in the series)

Rengori
10-09-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm going with Jak becuase while he doesn't have as large an arsenal, he has a hell of a lot more ammo.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Hey Rengori, would you like to help out with judging?

Ratchet vs Jak(both from the 3rd game in the series)

I agree with Rengori, Jak would win. Jak would just have Daxter steal Clank off of Ratchet's shoulders, and Jak would then commence to blast the hell out of Ratchet.

But Barret has a satlite cannon!

True, but he'd get killed before he would have a chance to use it.

Don't double triple post, use the edit/delete button instead.

Spammerman
10-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Megaman vs Samus

Rengori
10-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Hey Rengori, would you like to help out with judging?
Sure, why not!

Megaman vs Samus
I'm going to assume it's the original Megaman, who is a wuss and would get his ass handed to him by Samus in seconds.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 05:40 AM
Megaman vs Samus

The only thing that these two have in common is that they both have a gun-arm, and they wear a suit of armor. I personally think Samus would win. Samus would just fire off one Super Missile, and Mega Man would be scrap metal along with shrapnel.

Lionx
10-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Personally i say Samus will win especially if she gets her shinespark in and smashes into him.

Dreddz
10-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Red ( Red Dead Revolver ) Vs Sol ( GGX2 )

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Red ( Red Dead Revolver ) Vs Sol ( GGX2 )

Sol would win easily. A gun's got nothing on a guy with supernatural powers.

Rengori
10-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Sol would win hands down.

escobert
10-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Red > all

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Red > all

Hmm, I think you've got the greater than sign backwards...

escobert
10-09-2005, 09:14 PM
No, if you haven't played the game then how do you know? I've played red dead revolver many of times and red to em by far is the best character in the game.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
No, if you haven't played the game then how do you know? I've played red dead revolver many of times and red to em by far is the best character in the game.

Red might be the best character in RDR, but he is definitely not the best video game character ever. Half of the characters in games I've played could easily kick his ass.

Dreddz
10-09-2005, 10:33 PM
yes, finally, someone who luvs red dead revolver, its my favourite non rpg !!!!

DK
10-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog for winner of the gaming universe.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog for winner of the gaming universe.

This is a thread where you put two video game characters and put them into a fight, not who you think is the best video game character ever.

I wonder what would happen if every party member from all of the numerical Final Fantasy games up to X-2 got into a fight?

My translation:

I: Black Wizard, White Wizard, Red Wizard, Knight, Master, Ninja
II: Firion, Maria, Guy, Leon, Leila, Ricard, Minwu, Gordon, Josef
III: Onion Kid, Fighter, Monk, White Wizard, Black Wizard, Red Wizard, Archer, Knight, Thief, Scholar, Geomancer, Dragoon, Viking, Master, Paladin, Conjurer, Bard, Warlock, Shaman, Summoner, Sage, Ninja
IV: Cecil (Paladin), Kain, Rosa, Yang, Rydia, Cid, Edge, Edward, FuSoYa, Tellah, Palom, Porom
V: Bartz, Krile, Galuf, Faris, Reina
VI: Terra, Locke, Umaro, Mog, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Setzer, Strago, Relm, Gogo
VII: Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Barret, Cid, Red XIII, Vincent, Yuffie, Cait Sith
VIII: Squall, Zell, Laguna, Kiros, Rinoa, Quistis, Irvine, Selphie, Ward, Seifer, Edea
IX: Zidane, Garnet, Quina, Steiner, Vivi, Amarant, Freya, Eiko
X: Tidus, Yuna, Auron, Wakka, Lulu, Rikku, Kimahri
X-2: Paine (Yuna and Rikku don't count since they're in X)

Onion Kid would get killed almost instantly, seeing how he sucks. Ricard would make a truce with Kain, seeing how Kain is Ricard's son. Scholar and Bard would get killed quickly, seeing how they're nearly worthless. From there, it would be:
Cloud vs. Squall vs. Leon vs. Guy vs. Seifer vs. Viking,
Quistis vs. Quina vs. Kimahri vs. Strago,
Zell vs. Tifa vs. Monk vs. both Masters vs. Yang vs. Sabin vs. Amarant vs. Josef vs. Umaro,
Lulu vs. Vivi vs. Black Wizard vs. Warlock vs. Black Wizard vs. Maria vs. Edea vs. Palom,
Terra vs. Celes vs. Firion vs. Tidus vs. Steiner vs. Auron vs. both Knights vs. Ninja (FFIII) vs. Paine vs. Cyan vs. Paladin vs. Cecil,
Zidane vs. Thief vs. Locke vs. Ninja vs. Rikku vs. Leila vs. Yuffie,
Both Red Wizards vs. Red XIII vs. FuSoYa vs. Tellah vs. Sage,
Gogo vs. Setzer vs. Mog vs. Edward vs. Wakka vs. Relm vs. Cait Sith
Ward vs. Kiros vs. Laguna
Eiko vs. White Wizard vs. White Wizard vs. Shaman vs. Rosa vs. Minwu vs. Porom vs. Aeris,
Yuna vs. Garnet vs. Conjurer vs. Summoner vs. Rydia,
Freya vs. Ricard vs. Kain vs. Cid (FFVII) vs. Dragoon vs. Gau vs. Gordon,
Selphie vs. Rinoa,
Bartz vs. Faris vs. Krile vs. Reina vs. Galuf,
Archer vs. Irvine vs. Edgar vs. Shadow vs. Vincent vs. Barret

Round 1: Huge Weapons

Cloud and Squall would immediately begin to duel each other. Squall would use Lionheart, and Cloud would use Omnislash. Both would stop in mid attack and start arguing over who invented the attack first. Meanwhile, Leon and Guy would go at it. Leon would keep hammering away at Guy, but Guy would keep healing himself. Guy would then bash in Leon's skull with his axe, and Leon would die. Viking would attempt to attack Guy while yelling "Lali-ho!". But Guy would turn around and let Viking fall upon his axe blade. Seifer would get sick of Squall arguing with Cloud at this point and would shoot Squall in the head. Squall would die, and since Cloud is happy his major rival is dead, he would Omnislash Guy to death. Then he would slash Seifer to bits.

Winner: Cloud

Round 2: Blue Mages

Quina would attempt to stab Kimahri with a fork thinking that he's a monster. Kimahri would say, "What the..." and kill Quina with a punch. Quistis would then punch Strago in the face, then whip the hapless man to death. Kimahri would attempt to use Lancet, but Quistis would kill him by whipping him in the face.

Winner: Quistis

Round 3: Monks

Monk would instantly get killed, because the masters would punch him to death. Sabin would use Pummel and kill both of the Masters. Zell would try to hit on Tifa, but he would get punched in the face and would get killed by a flurry of punches and kicks. Umaro would just randomly attack people, but Josef would punch him in the face and he would die. Yang would get into a fist fight with Josef. Amarant would swoop down and claw Tifa to death. Sabin would then use Bum Rush to kill Amarant. Yang, using various karate moves, would defeat Josef. Sabin would use Pummel and Bum Rush to kill Yang.

Winner: Sabin

Round 4: Black Mages

Vivi would immediately cast Doomsday that would defeat everyone.

Winner: Vivi

Round 5: Fighters

Terra would immediately morph into her Esper form and kill Firion in one hit. Cecil would attack Auron and kill him. Tidus would attempt to attack Cecil, but Cecil would stab himself through the stomach and kill Tidus. Cecil would use Cure2 to heal himself. Steiner would rush at Terra and leap up into the air. The Doomsday cast by Vivi in the adjacent fight would charge Steiner's blade and would fell Terra along with everyone else other than Cecil. Steiner would rush Cecil, but he would be sidestepped and slain with a thrust.

Winner: Cecil

Round 6: Thieves

Zidane would immediately kill Thief. Yuffie would throw shurikens dispatching Ninja, Leila, and Riku. Locke would then throw a knife and kill Zidane, then catch a shuriken and throw it back at Yuffie, slaying her.

Winner: Locke

Round 7: Red Mages

Ok, Red XIII isn't a red mage, but I decided to include him anyway.
Red would instantly dispatch the Red Wizards. FuSoYa would use Meteo and kill everyone else.

Winner: FuSoYa

Round 8: Oddballs

Relm would sketch Mog, doing his near death special on Setzer. Setzer would die, and Gogo would mime Relm and kill everyone else.

Winner: Gogo

Round 9: Military

Ward would harpoon Laguna and be dragged by the line. Kiros would just wait and dispatch both with his sword-arms.

Winner: Kiros

Round 10: White Mages

Minwu would simply cast Ultima and kill everyone else.

Winner: Minwu

Round 11: Summoners

Rydia would use her black magic to stop everyone else, then she would summon Bahamut and kill everyone else in one hit.

Winner: Rydia

Round 12: Dragoons

Ricard and Kain, remembering their pact would immediately attack and kill Dragoon. Cid would stab Gau and he would die. Freya would jump and strike down Cid. Gordon would attempt to kill Kain, but Ricard would throw his spear and kill the prince of Kashuan. Freya would then use Dragon's Crest and kill both Ricard and Kain.

Winner: Freya

Round 13: Balamb Garden

Selphie would attempt to hit Rinoa with her whip, but Rinoa would use Meteo and kill Selphie.

Winner: Rinoa

Round 14: Final Fantasy V

Galuf would immediately class change to Dragoon and jump up and kill Faris, then Krile, then Reina. Bartz would attempt to slash Galuf, but Galuf would counter with a spear thrust to the throat.

Winner: Galuf

Round 15: Ranged Attackers

Shadow would throw a shuriken and kill Archer. Barret would gun down Edgar and Irvine. Vincent would dispatch Shadow with a gunshot to the head, then he would transform and kill Barret.

Winner: Vincent

Round 16: Final Round

Vivi would cast Doomsday, and Minwu would cast Ultima. The two spells would meet and explode, killing both Vivi and Minwu. Vincent would transform and kill Galuf and Rinoa, but would be struck down with a Meteo from FuSoYa along with Gogo, Rinoa, and Quistis. Freya would jump down and attempt to dispatch Cloud, but he would use Climhazzard and cleave Freya to bits. Rydia would summon Titan, sucking in Locke and Sabin to their doom. Kiros would sneak up behind Rydia and kill her. Cecil would get mad and kill Kiros. FuSoYa would fire another Meteo and kill himself in the process. So the only two that are left are Cloud and Cecil. Cecil would get beaten nearly to death by an Omnislash, but he would use a flurry of Cure2's and would kill Cloud with several slashes.

Overall Winner: Cecil

Stop double posting!

Spammerman
10-10-2005, 04:59 AM
Mario vs Luigi

Lionx
10-10-2005, 05:04 AM
Mario, should Luigi try to get back from the ledge, a good Mario can use his Cape attack and make him go the other way since Luigi's main way of getting back to the stage horizontally would be his head launcher. His vertical way of recovery can be trumped with a meteor smash(as long as you dont go face on cuz they YOU will be launched sky high). Just knock him out and he wins. ;p

DK
10-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Sonic vs Anyone I don't care who, he'd kick their ass. But just to get the ball rolling...Link. I hate that guy.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Mario vs Luigi
Thank God for Super Smash Bros. Melee!

Anyway, since my copy is scratched up beyond repair and comprehension, I'll just have to judge it myself. Mario would win, because he could angle his fireballs to hit Luigi, something that Luigi can't do, plus, he would toss Luigi Super Mario 64 style off stage, and he would try to recover with Green Missile, but when he tries to go up, Mario would smash him down to death.

By the way, Lionx, have you ever noticed how the computerized Luigi's are such idiots when trying to come back on stage. They just keep using Green Missile when a simple Jump Punch would do.

Sonic vs Anyone I don't care who, he'd kick their ass. But just to get the ball rolling...Link. I hate that guy.

You hate Link! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Erm, anyway, too bad we don't have SSBM. I'd say Link would probably win, because Sonic may be fast, but Link can simply use Din's Fire and Sonic would lose easily.

No more double posting.

Lionx
10-10-2005, 10:20 PM
By the way, Lionx, have you ever noticed how the computerized Luigi's are such idiots when trying to come back on stage. They just keep using Green Missile when a simple Jump Punch would do.

Yes :D

TurkSlayer
10-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Link has a sword, as well as a large arsenal of other weapons. Sonic has speed and...... umm...... more speed. Definately Link.

Rengori
10-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Since Sonic doesn't go from Zero to lightspeed in a split second, Link would just have to freeze time with the Ocarina and kick his ass.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-10-2005, 10:38 PM
OK, that's three double posts and one triple post I've deleted of yours, Elite Lord Sigma. I'm giving you an official warning for this, don't make multiple posts, one after another. Use the edit/delete button instead.

Skyblade
10-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Ok, let's mix it up a bit. I'm voting in Alex from Golden Sun to meet up with Link.

Face it, Link's toast.

TurkSlayer
10-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Ok, let's mix it up a bit. I'm voting in Alex from Golden Sun to meet up with Link.

Face it, Link's toast.

Skyblades right, Alex is too awesome to lose this. He'll just use one the attack he did on the gaurds at the beginning of The Lost Age and Link is down.

Rengori
10-11-2005, 09:55 PM

Face it, Link's toast.

Skyblades right, Alex is too awesome to lose this. He'll just use one the attack he did on the gaurds at the beginning of The Lost Age and Link is down.
Really, Alex could kick Link's ass in seconds.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-12-2005, 01:32 AM

Face it, Link's toast.

I really can't make a fair judgment on this one, because I've never played Golden Sun. So it looks like Alex has won this round.

EDIT: After reading part of Golden Sun's synopis, I think Alex would win.

Skyblade
10-13-2005, 09:28 AM
So Alex wins. But now we're stuck trying to find someone who can match Alex. Not a simple task. I probably shouldn't have started out with such a total bad@$$. Oh well, we'll let Link stay for the next battle to make things easier, because this is too fun to let die.

Link vs The Hero from Secret of Mana (can't remember his name right now, sorry).

Lionx
10-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Mana dude: ATK!..wait for the barrr!!!...oh /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.. :P

Elite Lord Sigma
10-13-2005, 01:06 PM
The Secret of Mana dude is a wuss and would get his ass handed to him within the first five seconds of the fight by Link.

Skyblade
10-13-2005, 06:29 PM
The Secret of Mana dude is a wuss and would get his ass handed to him within the first five seconds of the fight by Link.

True, but I was thinking that Spirit Magic might even the scales a bit.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
True, but I was thinking that Spirit Magic might even the scales a bit.
True, but Link has better magic.

Skyblade
10-13-2005, 07:44 PM
True, but Link has better magic.

What? Link only has three spells. Mana boy can heal, buff, and dish out a ton of damage.

Rengori
10-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Mana Dude wins so muchly.

Lionx
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Link also has Fire Arrows/Ice/Light, and can use Magic potions, as well as the spin attack that uses magic. Theres tons of things he can use to get magic including becomming invisible with the Magic Cape. Oooo fire rod..burn..

Skyblade
10-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Link also has Fire Arrows/Ice/Light, and can use Magic potions, as well as the spin attack that uses magic. Theres tons of things he can use to get magic including becomming invisible with the Magic Cape. Oooo fire rod..burn..

Isn't that cheating? I'd give Link all the abilities of any one game, but giving him all the abilities of every LoZ game is a little cheap... They aren't all the same Link, you know.

Rengori
10-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Isn't that cheating? I'd give Link all the abilities of any one game, but giving him all the abilities of every LoZ game is a little cheap... They aren't all the same Link, you know.
Really, the Secret of Mana hero is much better than Link. Only real men wear pink. Only wimps wear green or purple or red.

Spammerman
10-14-2005, 04:22 AM
you forgot blue.

Rengori
10-14-2005, 04:49 AM
you forgot blue.
Blue Link is the only cool one. And the SoM hero wears blue too.

Skyblade
10-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Blue Link is the only cool one. And the SoM hero wears blue too.

Truth.

Now we need a final decision from the judges to move on to the next battle...

Lionx
10-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Well in that case i dunno what to say, i mean Link is so generic..so it can very well be any version :P But ima just say OoT one..he still has more than 3 magic skills though thats for sure. It would greatly depend if Link can freeze time fast enough for a kill i would say. Freezing time is too good D:

Neco Arc
10-15-2005, 12:42 PM
hmm.. i got a good one

Slayer- Guilty gear X2 reload
or
Warakia - Melty blood re-enact

Swordicanus
10-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Bowser vs Dr.Robotnik

Neco Arc
10-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Definately Dr Eggman/head
he can creates robots and gadget that will waste Bowser

Rengori
10-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Bowser vs Dr.Robotnik
Dr. Robotnic because he can make death machines.

or
Slayer of course.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-17-2005, 03:10 AM
hmm.. i got a good one

or

Slayer wins hands down.

Bowser vs. Dr. Robotnik

Bowser wins this one. Dr. Robotnik can design awesome machines, but if a blue hedgehog that can travel at the speed of sound can destroy it, I'm quite sure an huge reptile can destroy them. Also, Bowser would kill the doctor before he would have a chance to do anything.

Rengori
10-17-2005, 03:21 AM
Bowser wins this one. Dr. Robotnik can design awesome machines, but if a blue hedgehog that can travel at the speed of sound can destroy it, I'm quite sure an huge reptile can destroy them. Also, Bowser would kill the doctor before he would have a chance to do anything.
I think you could say the same thing about Bowser, considering that a fat Italian plumber could kill him.

Lionx
10-17-2005, 04:30 AM
So in the end, Mario wins..SOMEHOW.

Neco Arc
10-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Dr. Robotnic because he can make death machines.

Slayer of course.

i beg to differ

Slayer and Warakia are both invincible and both are very powerful however Warakia does not have a true form, and could easily possess the nearest strongest charcter hence i reckon warakia would beat slayer but not kill him... Warakia is a long range contrary to slayer's short range attacks...

Lionx
10-17-2005, 08:03 AM
But but..we are the judges >_>; we win.

Skyblade
10-17-2005, 08:05 AM
I think you could say the same thing about Bowser, considering that a fat Italian plumber could kill him.

Agreed. I (if I were a judge) would vote for Dr. Robotnik. Because Sonic at least has a special ability (his faster than sound speed), whereas the only unique ability that Mario has is his ability to get high on shrooms. So it takes an ultrapowered superhero to defeat Dr. Robotnik, while a fat drugged plumber can take down Bowser. Advantage: Dr. Robotnik.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-18-2005, 03:56 AM
Agreed. I (if I were a judge) would vote for Dr. Robotnik. Because Sonic at least has a special ability (his faster than sound speed), whereas the only unique ability that Mario has is his ability to get high on shrooms. So it takes an ultrapowered superhero to defeat Dr. Robotnik, while a fat drugged plumber can take down Bowser. Advantage: Dr. Robotnik.

Do you want to be a judge, Skyblade?

Skyblade
10-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Do you want to be a judge, Skyblade?

Sure, why not? You guys need someone else to serve as a tiebreaker anyway, just in case.

Next!

Rengori
10-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I got a good one:

Eliwood vs. Roy

Skyblade
10-19-2005, 11:57 PM
I got a good one:

Eliwood vs. Roy

You're right, that's a difficult choice, but I think Roy would win.

Lionx
10-20-2005, 01:42 AM
I dunno but Eliwood seems to be faster one to me, and Marth faster than Roy so all Eliwood has to say is this..: "Too easy son!" D:

Skyblade
10-20-2005, 03:52 AM
I dunno but Eliwood seems to be faster one to me, and Marth faster than Roy so all Eliwood has to say is this..: "Too easy son!" D:

Since the two haven't shown up as playable characters in the same game, their stats can't be directly compared. My assessment is done like this: Eliwood teaches Roy swordsmanship. Roy learns basically everything Eliwood knows about swordplay. Roy then goes and expands upon that knowledge, leaving him a better warrior than Eliwood.

Rengori
10-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm guessing Eliwood (I meant to post this earlier, but it slipped my mind).

Elite Lord Sigma
10-21-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm back. As for the Eliwood vs. Roy match up, I'd say Roy wins.

-Sigma

P.S. This thread is a hot topic! My first one ever in my short history here.

Swordicanus
10-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Link vs. Donkey Kong :mog:

TurkSlayer
10-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Link vs. Donkey Kong :mog:

Link, definately. First of all, if they were to be in close combat, Link would win because he has a weapon that actually slashes, while Donkey Kong only has brute strength. If it were ranged, Link has a better arsenal, like his arrows and boomerang, while Donkey Kong only has barrels, which Link is definately fast enough to avoid.

Rengori
10-22-2005, 04:57 AM
Turkslayer is 183% correct.

Skyblade
10-22-2005, 05:05 AM

183.7% correct, to be exact.

Link would crush DK.

TurkSlayer
10-22-2005, 05:06 AM

Good thing I'm correct about something...

Lionx
10-22-2005, 06:09 AM
I too agree with Turkslayer, i cant see how Link would lose.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I too agree with Turkslayer, i cant see how Link would lose.

Ditto that.

Spammerman
10-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Master CHief or Samus?

TurkSlayer
10-22-2005, 05:54 PM
This one I may be wrong about, but I would say Master Cheif, due to a better arsenal and better armor (I would say at least). However, Samus does have her rolling ability... I still personally think Master Cheif.

Rengori
10-22-2005, 07:07 PM
While I dislike Halo, it certainly seems that Master Chief would have a much easer time killing Samus the moment a vehicle is in eyesight.

Lionx
10-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Wouldnt you agree that its somewhat cheating if Chef gets a vechicle? I mean if thats the case then why not give Samus her ship?

Skyblade
10-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Wouldnt you agree that its somewhat cheating if Chef gets a vechicle? I mean if thats the case then why not give Samus her ship?

Agreed. And if she had her specially made Hunter Class gunship, there would be no contest.

Also, Samus has lots of very powerful weapons, and only her missiles require ammo. She could sustain the fight a lot longer than Master Chief because of that, couldn't she?

Good thing I'm correct about something...

Well, you know what they say: A broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

TurkSlayer
10-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Well, you know what they say: A broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

Skyblade of course knows how much I LOVE being compared to a broken clock.:D

I stand by my decision, though. I think Master Chief would win this one... Of course, the fact that I don't like the Metroid games may have had SOME inpact on my decision...

Skyblade
10-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Skyblade of course knows how much I LOVE being compared to a broken clock.:D

I stand by my decision, though. I think Master Chief would win this one... Of course, the fact that I don't like the Metroid games may have had SOME inpact on my decision...

You don't like Metroid? See, our broken clock is off again. :D

I think we'll need a little more specific rules to render a viable answer to this one.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Samus would win here. She has nearly unlimited ammo, survived nearly getting killed by the X parasite, and has good armor, so I don't see how she'd lose.

Rengori
10-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Maybe losing all her weapons for the Xth time?

Skyblade
10-27-2005, 12:09 AM
Maybe losing all her weapons for the Xth time?

Fine. Then we take away all of Master Chief's weapons too.

Power beam versus, what, a pistol, or a knife?
Advantage: Samus.

JaytodaP
10-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Hows about Ash(Evil Dead) Vs Scorpion (MK)

Rengori
10-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Both of them are tough, but it would seem that Ash would shotgun Scorpion's head before anything else happened.

Lionx
10-27-2005, 04:18 AM
i dunno Scorpion technically doesnt live so he can keep comming back..O_o

Rengori
10-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Well it'd be pretty hard to fight without the use of sight, sound, or possibly smell.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-31-2005, 12:36 AM
Ash would win. Scorpion sucks compared to him.

Note: There are still some matchups that still need to be decided.

Scorpion vs. Ash still needs to be judged by Skyblade and TurkSlayer.
Slayer vs. Warakia still needs to be judged by TurkSlayer.
Mana Guy vs. Link still needs to be judged by TurkSlayer.

So TurkSlayer the broken clock (Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation :D), have a lot of work to do.

Rengori
10-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Samus vs. Master Chief still needs to be judged by Lionx and Rengori.
I'm pretty sure I spoke already. Master Chief wins.

Lionx
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Hmm i guess i wasnt as clear as i thought i was.

Scorpion wins i feel, mostly because yeah you can kill him..but can you keep killing him til he kills you? ;)

I personally feel that Samus would win, its the whole ammo issue...and her suit can do way more than whatever Cheif can do. Screw Attack Man....

Dr Robotnik is like Garlen but less cool :P The ship and inventions really outsmart Bowser any day. Bowser might be huge and strong but as long as he is in that machine he pwntz him.

I have no idea who Slayer and Warakia is...so ima go Warakia cuz i find his name funkier lol.

Lol could we enter our own characters? @@;

Elite Lord Sigma
11-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Lol could we enter our own characters? @@;

Yes.

Spammerman
11-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Sub-Zero vs Scorpion

ffxfreak93
11-03-2005, 02:02 AM
This is a thread where you put two video game characters and put them into a fight, not who you think is the best video game character ever.

I wonder what would happen if every party member from all of the numerical Final Fantasy games up to X-2 got into a fight?

My translation:

I: Black Wizard, White Wizard, Red Wizard, Knight, Master, Ninja
II: Firion, Maria, Guy, Leon, Leila, Ricard, Minwu, Gordon, Josef
III: Onion Kid, Fighter, Monk, White Wizard, Black Wizard, Red Wizard, Archer, Knight, Thief, Scholar, Geomancer, Dragoon, Viking, Master, Paladin, Conjurer, Bard, Warlock, Shaman, Summoner, Sage, Ninja
IV: Cecil (Paladin), Kain, Rosa, Yang, Rydia, Cid, Edge, Edward, FuSoYa, Tellah, Palom, Porom
V: Bartz, Krile, Galuf, Faris, Reina
VI: Terra, Locke, Umaro, Mog, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Setzer, Strago, Relm, Gogo
VII: Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Barret, Cid, Red XIII, Vincent, Yuffie, Cait Sith
VIII: Squall, Zell, Laguna, Kiros, Rinoa, Quistis, Irvine, Selphie, Ward, Seifer, Edea
IX: Zidane, Garnet, Quina, Steiner, Vivi, Amarant, Freya, Eiko
X: Tidus, Yuna, Auron, Wakka, Lulu, Rikku, Kimahri
X-2: Paine (Yuna and Rikku don't count since they're in X)

Onion Kid would get killed almost instantly, seeing how he sucks. Ricard would make a truce with Kain, seeing how Kain is Ricard's son. Scholar and Bard would get killed quickly, seeing how they're nearly worthless. From there, it would be:
Cloud vs. Squall vs. Leon vs. Guy vs. Seifer vs. Viking,
Quistis vs. Quina vs. Kimahri vs. Strago,
Zell vs. Tifa vs. Monk vs. both Masters vs. Yang vs. Sabin vs. Amarant vs. Josef vs. Umaro,
Lulu vs. Vivi vs. Black Wizard vs. Warlock vs. Black Wizard vs. Maria vs. Edea vs. Palom,
Terra vs. Celes vs. Firion vs. Tidus vs. Steiner vs. Auron vs. both Knights vs. Ninja (FFIII) vs. Paine vs. Cyan vs. Paladin vs. Cecil,
Zidane vs. Thief vs. Locke vs. Ninja vs. Rikku vs. Leila vs. Yuffie,
Both Red Wizards vs. Red XIII vs. FuSoYa vs. Tellah vs. Sage,
Gogo vs. Setzer vs. Mog vs. Edward vs. Wakka vs. Relm vs. Cait Sith
Ward vs. Kiros vs. Laguna
Eiko vs. White Wizard vs. White Wizard vs. Shaman vs. Rosa vs. Minwu vs. Porom vs. Aeris,
Yuna vs. Garnet vs. Conjurer vs. Summoner vs. Rydia,
Freya vs. Ricard vs. Kain vs. Cid (FFVII) vs. Dragoon vs. Gau vs. Gordon,
Selphie vs. Rinoa,
Bartz vs. Faris vs. Krile vs. Reina vs. Galuf,
Archer vs. Irvine vs. Edgar vs. Shadow vs. Vincent vs. Barret

Round 1: Huge Weapons

Cloud and Squall would immediately begin to duel each other. Squall would use Lionheart, and Cloud would use Omnislash. Both would stop in mid attack and start arguing over who invented the attack first. Meanwhile, Leon and Guy would go at it. Leon would keep hammering away at Guy, but Guy would keep healing himself. Guy would then bash in Leon's skull with his axe, and Leon would die. Viking would attempt to attack Guy while yelling "Lali-ho!". But Guy would turn around and let Viking fall upon his axe blade. Seifer would get sick of Squall arguing with Cloud at this point and would shoot Squall in the head. Squall would die, and since Cloud is happy his major rival is dead, he would Omnislash Guy to death. Then he would slash Seifer to bits.

Winner: Cloud

Round 2: Blue Mages

Quina would attempt to stab Kimahri with a fork thinking that he's a monster. Kimahri would say, "What the..." and kill Quina with a punch. Quistis would then punch Strago in the face, then whip the hapless man to death. Kimahri would attempt to use Lancet, but Quistis would kill him by whipping him in the face.

Winner: Quistis

Round 3: Monks

Monk would instantly get killed, because the masters would punch him to death. Sabin would use Pummel and kill both of the Masters. Zell would try to hit on Tifa, but he would get punched in the face and would get killed by a flurry of punches and kicks. Umaro would just randomly attack people, but Josef would punch him in the face and he would die. Yang would get into a fist fight with Josef. Amarant would swoop down and claw Tifa to death. Sabin would then use Bum Rush to kill Amarant. Yang, using various karate moves, would defeat Josef. Sabin would use Pummel and Bum Rush to kill Yang.

Winner: Sabin

Round 4: Black Mages

Vivi would immediately cast Doomsday that would defeat everyone.

Winner: Vivi

Round 5: Fighters

Terra would immediately morph into her Esper form and kill Firion in one hit. Cecil would attack Auron and kill him. Tidus would attempt to attack Cecil, but Cecil would stab himself through the stomach and kill Tidus. Cecil would use Cure2 to heal himself. Steiner would rush at Terra and leap up into the air. The Doomsday cast by Vivi in the adjacent fight would charge Steiner's blade and would fell Terra along with everyone else other than Cecil. Steiner would rush Cecil, but he would be sidestepped and slain with a thrust.

Winner: Cecil

Round 6: Thieves

Zidane would immediately kill Thief. Yuffie would throw shurikens dispatching Ninja, Leila, and Riku. Locke would then throw a knife and kill Zidane, then catch a shuriken and throw it back at Yuffie, slaying her.

Winner: Locke

Round 7: Red Mages

Ok, Red XIII isn't a red mage, but I decided to include him anyway.
Red would instantly dispatch the Red Wizards. FuSoYa would use Meteo and kill everyone else.

Winner: FuSoYa

Round 8: Oddballs

Relm would sketch Mog, doing his near death special on Setzer. Setzer would die, and Gogo would mime Relm and kill everyone else.

Winner: Gogo

Round 9: Military

Ward would harpoon Laguna and be dragged by the line. Kiros would just wait and dispatch both with his sword-arms.

Winner: Kiros

Round 10: White Mages

Minwu would simply cast Ultima and kill everyone else.

Winner: Minwu

Round 11: Summoners

Rydia would use her black magic to stop everyone else, then she would summon Bahamut and kill everyone else in one hit.

Winner: Rydia

Round 12: Dragoons

Ricard and Kain, remembering their pact would immediately attack and kill Dragoon. Cid would stab Gau and he would die. Freya would jump and strike down Cid. Gordon would attempt to kill Kain, but Ricard would throw his spear and kill the prince of Kashuan. Freya would then use Dragon's Crest and kill both Ricard and Kain.

Winner: Freya

Round 13: Balamb Garden

Selphie would attempt to hit Rinoa with her whip, but Rinoa would use Meteo and kill Selphie.

Winner: Rinoa

Round 14: Final Fantasy V

Galuf would immediately class change to Dragoon and jump up and kill Faris, then Krile, then Reina. Bartz would attempt to slash Galuf, but Galuf would counter with a spear thrust to the throat.

Winner: Galuf

Round 15: Ranged Attackers

Shadow would throw a shuriken and kill Archer. Barret would gun down Edgar and Irvine. Vincent would dispatch Shadow with a gunshot to the head, then he would transform and kill Barret.

Winner: Vincent

Round 16: Final Round

Vivi would cast Doomsday, and Minwu would cast Ultima. The two spells would meet and explode, killing both Vivi and Minwu. Vincent would transform and kill Galuf and Rinoa, but would be struck down with a Meteo from FuSoYa along with Gogo, Rinoa, and Quistis. Freya would jump down and attempt to dispatch Cloud, but he would use Climhazzard and cleave Freya to bits. Rydia would summon Titan, sucking in Locke and Sabin to their doom. Kiros would sneak up behind Rydia and kill her. Cecil would get mad and kill Kiros. FuSoYa would fire another Meteo and kill himself in the process. So the only two that are left are Cloud and Cecil. Cecil would get beaten nearly to death by an Omnislash, but he would use a flurry of Cure2's and would kill Cloud with several slashes.

Overall Winner: Cecil

Stop double posting!

i really don't agree with you on most of those

Rengori
11-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Sub-Zero vs Scorpion
GET OVER HERE!

Neco Arc
11-03-2005, 10:15 AM
FREEZE your chain thingy...

Skyblade
11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Let's see, Scoripion versus Ash? I'd vote Scorpion, for reasons already stated: He is a hellspawned fiend who is nearly impossible to kill permanently. Unless Ash can find some way to purify his body and destroy him forever, he'll just win the battle, and get a spear through the heart as he walks away (Scorpion doesn't play fair).

Sub Zero versus Scorpion? That's an old classic match. Not including the Hellspawn powers, I think it would be even. Mortal Kombat's characters are fairly well balanced, especially the ninjas.

Lionx
11-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah i think Sub-Zero and Scorpion are pretty even..its like Ken and Ryu...they both are very good but never one has been a true victor..

Match:

Klonoa vs Jigglypuff XDDD

On that one i think Jigglypuff is a Moo..so *puffs him up and throws him* o.o

Skyblade
11-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah i think Sub-Zero and Scorpion are pretty even..its like Ken and Ryu...they both are very good but never one has been a true victor..

Match:

Klonoa vs Jigglypuff XDDD

On that one i think Jigglypuff is a Moo..so *puffs him up and throws him* o.o

Klonoa? Name doesn't mean anything to me, sorry. What game?

That being said, is this a Pokemon Jiggly, or a SSBM Jiggly? IE: Does this Jigglypuff have the uber-powerful Rest attack?

Elite Lord Sigma
11-04-2005, 09:33 PM
i really don't agree with you on most of those

I never said you had to.

Also, as for the Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion matchup, Sub-Zero wins, because he could just freeze Scorpion and leave him there without killing him.

And as for Klonoa vs. Jigglypuff, it depends on the Jigglypuff. If it were like the one from SSBM, Jigglypuff would win.

Odaisé Gaelach
11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Gordon Freeman vs. Solid Snake

Lionx
11-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Klonoa? Name doesn't mean anything to me, sorry. What game?

That being said, is this a Pokemon Jiggly, or a SSBM Jiggly? IE: Does this Jigglypuff have the uber-powerful Rest attack?

Klonoa is the cute furry guy i have on my sig, you might wanna google him o.o To me, Jigglypuff is an oversized Moo..and that is reason for him to be killed rofl.

ffxfreak93
11-05-2005, 09:33 PM
I never said you had to

just saying

Rengori
11-06-2005, 01:12 AM
To me, Jigglypuff is an oversized Moo..and that is reason for him to be killed rofl.
And to me, Jigglypuff is a cheap bastard that can only sing and draw on people's faces.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-07-2005, 02:08 AM
And to me, Jigglypuff is a cheap bastard that can only sing and draw on people's faces.

You also forgot that it's really annoying and likes to (unintentionally) cause trouble.

Empu-Dragon
11-07-2005, 03:54 AM
the prince(prince of persa) vs ryu(from ninja giaden)
lets make this interesting 4 rounds each with a different challenge
1. a big labrinth full of lots of traps and so on who will get to the end first
2. a times sprint threw multiple rooms full of enimys who wil kill the most and make it to the end in 10 min
3. a battle between them both who will win.
4.who plain looks cooler.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-07-2005, 09:02 PM
the prince(prince of persa) vs ryu(from ninja giaden)
lets make this interesting 4 rounds each with a different challenge
1. a big labrinth full of lots of traps and so on who will get to the end first
2. a times sprint threw multiple rooms full of enimys who wil kill the most and make it to the end in 10 min
3. a battle between them both who will win.
4.who plain looks cooler.

1. Ryu wins, he's a ninja, so he's naturally skilled at dodging traps.
2. The Prince wins, his double swords would flay those enemies within seconds.
3. Ryu wins, he'd kill the Prince before he had a chance to do anything.
4. Ryu wins.

As for Gordon vs. Snake, Snake wins, because A. He's much better with stealth, and B. could throw a knife and prematurely end Gordon's life.

Overall Winner: Ryu

Rengori
11-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Ryu would kick the Prince's in all but the first because the Prince would be very good at dodging traps and freezing time and running all over the place.

Lionx
11-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I think Ryu wins at all of them...i mean how can he not? @_@ hes a freaking Ninja.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-08-2005, 10:35 PM
It looks like Ryu wins, because Skyblade's and TurkSlayer's decision will have no effect on it now. Speaking of which, where are they?

Empu-Dragon
11-08-2005, 10:38 PM
well i gave it a try to make a fair match up but i guess i dident do to well

Rengori
11-09-2005, 12:14 AM
It looks like Ryu wins, because Skyblade's and TurkSlayer's decision will have no effect on it now. Speaking of which, where are they?
They're on "Where are they now?"

Elite Lord Sigma
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
It's been a while since TurkSlayer and Skyblade have been here.

Skyblade
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm here! Sorry I'm late, I've been kinda busy this last week. I'll vote for Prince. Time manipulation is a clear advantage...

Diablo versus a Metroid.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-25-2005, 08:28 PM
A pathetic little Metroid is nothing to Diablo's powers.

Skyblade
11-26-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Metroid can absorb almost all forms of energy, including the very life force of their opponents. They are immune to practically all forms of attack, with their one weakness being cold attacks. Diablo is much more of a fire based entity. He has awesome power, certainly, but is it enough to overcome an entity that can absorb or nullify almost all forms of energy..?

Lionx
11-26-2005, 10:35 PM
I really have no idea...you would think that Diablos the essence of evil would beat a Metroid...easily too. Just because he is fire based doesnt mean he cant have some ice up his sleeve too. And last i think Plasma Beam can kill Metroids(at least in Prime). So Diablos.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-28-2005, 03:44 AM
What happened to everybody?

Swordicanus
12-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Lara Croft vs. Solid Snake

Markus. D
12-26-2005, 06:49 AM
Dwayna Vs Grength.

so simple, Since everyone is helping dwayna and not Grength..... Dwayna... unfortuanetly T_T... I want it to snow for forever.

PramTheOracle
12-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Laharl vs Cloud

Elite Lord Sigma
01-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Lara Croft vs. Solid Snake

Solid Snake would use his stealth abilities and stab Lara in the back.

I have no idea who Laharl, Dwayna, and Grength are. What game(s) are they from?

Rengori
01-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Laharl vs Cloud
Laharl would obliterate CLoud with a simple Meteor Strike.