PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Quicktime Problem

Max
10-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Whenever I try to veiw a ytmnd, on my firefox browser, it says that there are missing plugins. It says that im missing quicktime. So I reinstall it. Same problem. Im up to date on everything. Whats the problem? :(

Shoden
10-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Firefox loves quicktime and quicktime is a pile of crap.

if you want to play em get the link into real player's browser

Madonna
10-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Open Quicktime. Click on Edit, go to Preferences, then to QuickTime preferences. At the bottom of the menu that shows up, click on MIME settings and make sure your audio, video, aaaaaand everything else while you're at it (you should just need the audio and video, really), and everything should be good.

Or at least, this has been what I've been told.

Leeza
10-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Same thing happens to me, Max. I finally just gave up trying.

EDIT: Chocotlate Thief Locke: That all goes fine until you get to <i>the bottom of the menu part</i>. There is no MIME settings to click on. All I get are windows requesting me to register. I guess being not registered could be the problem, Max. Oh well, so much for that. :)

Madonna
10-09-2005, 03:18 AM
That really isn't an issue. Note the third screenshot for further explanation. You want your drop-down menu to be set to that.

Shoeberto
10-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Alternatively, try Quicktime Alternative (google it). It's free, non-bloated, and Firefox friendly.

Leeza
10-09-2005, 04:04 AM
That really isn't an issue. Note the third screenshot for further explanation. You want your drop-down menu to be set to that.
That third screenshot you have there is what doesn't come up. Instead of that, it's a window that asks you to register so it's not possible to set it to those settings.

Yamaneko
10-09-2005, 04:10 AM
Don't you need Quicktime Internet Essentials or something?

Madonna
10-09-2005, 08:00 PM
That third screenshot you have there is what doesn't come up. Instead of that, it's a window that asks you to register so it's not possible to set it to those settings.Leez. That white box that says "Registration" is a drop-down menu. Click on it and select "Browser Plug-in". ^_~

Leeza
10-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Oh, you're right! I thought I tried that already. Thanks. :)