PDA

View Full Version : Not just a Babylonian Hero!

rubah
10-09-2005, 12:59 AM
I think that's the mythology Gilgamesh was from, anyways.

He's got the neat outfit, the awesome battle music, and the awesome yet ineffectual sword.

What is your favorite thing about Gilga (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1341866)mesh?

I really like his boss battle music the best. Clash on the Big Bridge was just an awesome song.

Also, do you think exdeath was justified in banishing him to the void?

nik0tine
10-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Most definetly the Big Bridge music. That freaking made FFV. The only track that beat it was the one that plays in Moore Forest.

Was X-Death ever justified in anything?

Slade
10-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Hmm....i thoguht Gilgamesh was from some middle eastern mythology.....perhaps not.
Anyway, I agree that the music on the bridge was awsome....that was my favorite part in the game. I liked the fact that Gilgamesh wasnt scared to show that his emotional side when he was trapped in the void. He said something along the lines of "im gonna cry" . I found that quite different from your usual 'badarse' kind of villian or villian sidekick as the case is here.

rubah
10-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Babylon is indeed in the Middle East.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-09-2005, 05:59 AM

Yeah - Babylon is basically modern day Iraq. Gilgamesh was the heroic king of an epic Babylonian poem (kind of like Beowulf), which you can read here: http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/MESO/GILG.HTM

As for the character, yes, he owned. So what if he couldn't spell well enough to know the difference between Excaliber and Excalipur? He rebelled against an insane tree and was banished for his trouble. He is truly the hero of FF5.

eestlinc
10-09-2005, 06:01 AM
Gilgamesh is awesome. Vote for him!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=71517

boys from the dwarf
10-09-2005, 06:44 AM
alright. ive voted for him. that music for gilgamesh on the big bridge is the best one on FF5 and gilgamesh is just funny and cool. he is one of the best enimies in
FF.

Slade
10-10-2005, 06:56 AM
Heh i feel stupid now. It was pretty obvious. Oh well. My bad
:greenie:

rubah
10-11-2005, 12:09 AM
okay, Gilgamesh won the poll; our efforts have paid off!

Just for reference: Other Middle Eastern countries include Persia, Syria, Canaan, Mesopotamia (which isn't really a country), and some others I've forgotten since last year's history class.

Other middle eastern mythology in ff games:

FFX and X-2 has a lot of persian mythology. Ahriman monsters, Azi Dhaka, Angra Mainyu bosses, Valefor aeon.

eestlinc
10-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Catoblepas (Shoat) is Middle Eastern, I believe.

rubah
10-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Let's not forget that Leviathan and Behemoth are biblical. which = hebrew=israel.

boys from the dwarf
10-11-2005, 04:44 PM
i think -death was sorta in the rigt mind in sending him to the void but although hes failed X-death loads of times now hes still a powerful fighter. but X-death is eveil and evil people(E.G. blofeld from james bond.) always punish failiure.gilgamesh is lucky he had so many attempts. and anyone could of made the mistake in thinking excalipur was the excalibur.
EDIt: i know it would make the game real stupid but why doesnt X-death just send galuf bartz reina faris and krile to the void. i suppose ived answer it already.becaus eit would be retarded

bipper
10-11-2005, 06:48 PM
This is effectivly what X-zone does imo. They are all too powerful

Bipper

MJN SEIFER
10-11-2005, 08:12 PM
know it would make the game real stupid but why doesnt X-death just send galuf bartz reina faris and krile to the void. i suppose ived answer it already.becaus eit would be retarded

He hadn't yet found/controlled the void when they were a problem. And he DID eventually. (He failed)

boys from the dwarf
10-12-2005, 06:53 AM
but how come he can send gilgamash there before he merges the worlds?
EDIT: ive just remembered. doesnt X-death send him to the cleft of dimension or N-zone or something or are they the same thing as the void?

MJN SEIFER
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
No. The N-Zone (OR what ever you want to call it) Is the place where Void is Located. It doesn't Kill you it is full of monsters that will. Exdeath probably thought that Gilgamesh would die fairly quickly there - a fitting punishment for failing him.