PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy AC!!!!

dejavu
10-09-2005, 11:48 PM
It is not out yet so why does everyone act like it is!?!?!?! It is only out in japan and who want's to see that version?!? It is ok if people talk about it but I wish people didn't spoil it with pics. Can some people wait till it is out here!?!

eestlinc
10-10-2005, 12:03 AM
it would be better to discuss it in here.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 12:09 AM
dude read the faq, its been leaked and subbed, if it does come out it would be the same thing as the jappanese except in english, just chillax and watch it dude, i still havent seen it yet :mad:

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
So your telling people who have already seen it, to wait two months or so, to say how they feel about the movie? That isnt going to happen.

The film does have subtitles, unless your too stupid to read them, then there nothing to complain about.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 12:13 AM
thanks R thtz a wrap :thumb:

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Kust doing what i must. :)

Also...

It is only out in japan and who want's to see that version?!?

Almost eveyone on this site has seen it. It be a bit stupid having a topic asking if you liked it or not if no one on the site wanted to watch the Japanese version.

dejavu
10-10-2005, 12:25 AM
It is stupid to get it in japenese and plus it is coming this november anyway. I will let you expres your feelings about the movie but I wanted to be surprised when they showed Arises face! (Russielloyd) Really though, It will be more special to hear there voices. Sorry about this forum. If you want, you can close it.

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 12:27 AM
How is it stupid to get it in Japanese when it's subtitled in English as well? Even if I'd waited for it to come to AMerica I still would've watched it in Japanese with English subs.

If you dont wanna be spoiled, avoided places where you would be or dont complain.

crono_logical
10-10-2005, 12:28 AM
I prefer japanese voice acting to english voice acting :monster:

dejavu
10-10-2005, 12:30 AM
How can you!? (pffff!) Whatever... I think it is wierd but whatever you want is okay with me. :rolleyes2

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Plus youve come into the AC forum, where the movie has just been released, where it is expected to be spoilers everywhere, dont come in this forum section, if your worried about finding something out.

dejavu
10-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Okay. Sounds good. The only wierd thing is you guys thinking it is a waste to see it in english. If you watch it in sub T you will not pay enough etention to what is hapenin on the screen. Well I have a really huge TV so...

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 12:35 AM
It is stupid to get it in japenese and plus it is comng this november anyway. I will let you expres your feelings about the movie but I wanted to be surprised when they showed Arises face!

it may not come out in november :mad:

unless ur a cids night, u cant make us do anything

its Aeris**** or Aerith*******

dejavu
10-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Ok. I am waiting though.

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 12:38 AM
I paid attention to everything. Im sure other people did aswell. If not, its not hard to watch it again. Plus the japanese voices are always better, you be quaranteed the VA's are quality. Cant be assured the same with a English DUB.

dejavu
10-10-2005, 12:39 AM
That is like buying it in french before it comes here. :rolleyes2

ffxfreak93
10-10-2005, 12:42 AM
dude having it in jap. with english subs is better than nothing thats what mine is like

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 12:43 AM
If in some deluded way it came out in France before anywhere else and it had been subbed english, everyone would still get it.

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 12:43 AM
And some people prefer French. Just because you prefer English voice actors does not mean everyone else does. I prefer Japanese voice acting, the quality is usually far beyond what English VA's can do. I always watch movies in their original language with English subtitles.

crono_logical
10-10-2005, 12:44 AM
A french sub is probably out anyway :p

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 12:47 AM
And some people prefer French. Just because you prefer English voice actors does not mean everyone else does. I prefer Japanese voice acting, the quality is usually far beyond what English VA's can do. I always watch movies in their original language with English subtitles.

Same here, if it came out in france first with eng subs i'd get it, but i'd still buy/download the japanese version aswell because the VAs are so much better.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 12:48 AM
wasnt this thread suppose to b closed long time ago :rolleyes2 :confused:

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Id second this topic to be locked. I think we more or less told him. lol

crono_logical
10-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Speaking of which, would the english language DVD come with the japanese audio track on it as an addition? :p

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Possibly, have to wait till theres more details on it.

Sonic Adventure 2 had English and Japanese VAs and subtitles, so you never know.

dejavu
10-10-2005, 01:24 AM
How can you tel VA is better if you can't even understand it? :screwy:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 01:26 AM
its something u have to appreciate

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Its not something you understand, its something you feel.

dejavu
10-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Well woopty BLEEPin do! :rolleyes2 Sorry but in my opinion, japenese is freakin anoying. Can we close this?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 01:35 AM
yeah cuz can u imagine the voice acting in english? at least in jappanese they put their souls in the voice of the character to make them convicing as possible, jus look at vincents voice!! who can top tht in english??

dejavu
10-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Close this...( Pfff! Japanese)

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 01:39 AM
If your gonna start flaming Japanese VAs, which by the way most of all the users on the forum like, then your deffinately gonna get flamed back. You cant flame something you havent heard.

dejavu
10-10-2005, 01:43 AM
What the heck are you talking about! Just close it!

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 01:48 AM
flame = have a go at

and i think people will agree with me when i say this topic has been about "what the heck are you talking about?"

Gee i wish someone wont spoil this you now. would be such a pitty. :rolleyes2

CLOSE PLEASE

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 01:49 AM
lol, ditto

dejavu
10-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Ya, CLOSE!

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 07:03 AM
What do you mean you cant tell the quality if it's in a different language? You cant hear emotion, inflection, and tone in someone's voice when they arent speaking your language? Are you slow?

dejavu
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
No, I can hear that but I just think it better in english. How do you even know it is better if you havent even herd it? NOW CAN WE CLOSE THIS!!!

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 03:17 PM
I never said it was better. I said I prefered it. You're the one saying English is better when you havent watched it in Japanese. How do you know it's better if you havent even heard it?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 03:50 PM
u tell em :)

Nod
10-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I personally sometimes prefer watching things with subtitles. Often, the dubbed translation isn't as good, or the voice actors aren't very good. Take Spirited Away as an example. I hear that Christian Bale's rendition of Hawk in the new movie 'Hawks Magic Castle' ( is that the right name?), is pretty crappy too.

Sometimes subtitles are better.

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Howl's Moving Castle.

I found the dubbing in Spirited Away to be pretty good. Other good dubs I can think of offhand are Evangelion and Cowboy BeBop. I always watch things at least once in their original language... as, when converted to English, they have to synch the dialogue, and things are often lost in translation. So even when the dubbing is stellar, I feel I'm missing something otherwise.

Destai
10-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Looking at my few animes the only time I ever preferred to listen to it in japanese was on evangelion and that was just because of how god awful shinjis english voice was (and you had the makers going on about how talented Spike Spencer was, ugghhh). In .hack//SIGN and Cowboy Bebop I could honestly say I preferred listening to the english voice actors. I thought FFX was pretty good in english too, the only stupid choice for a VA was Tidus's character. Same in Xenosaga II for KOS-MOS and thats caused loads of people to rant on about the god awful voice acting for both those games (and evangelion)was.

dejavu
10-11-2005, 03:13 AM
If we do not close this, I will fill your lives with pain and mysery! :mad2: I am really starting to get anoyed now. Guys, I really do know what you are talking about. I just thought it was a bit silly because you have to read the sub T and hearit in japenese. Voice acting really isnt that complicated and the american actors may even be good. I am surprised that the japenese actors arent lazy at it when they are being white charactors, black too (Barret) well, Yuffie may be japanese but anyway I like english better, even if they dont sound too good, for me they usualy do and plus, isnt the action animation that really means something?

THIS WAS AN ANOUNSMENT BY DEJAVU.
THIS SHOULD NOW BE CLOSED.
THANK YOU!

TheAbominatrix
10-11-2005, 03:19 AM
When they're being white characters? "White people" dont speak one way and neither do "black people". Japanese people, people who live in Japan no matter what their skin color, speak Japanese and speak in a certain way. People who are white and were raised in America dont speak the same as people who're white and live in England (same language yes, but their accents and slang are far different). It's a person's region which depends on their speech pattern and language, not their skin color.

No one is complaining about the English voice acting of Advent Children.

And by the way, the more you demand this thread to be closed, the longer they'll leave it open. The Knights dont need you to order them around.

dejavu
10-11-2005, 04:20 AM
Okay, your right. WAIT! IT IS OUT IN EANGLAND??????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TheAbominatrix
10-11-2005, 04:23 AM
*sigh*

No, it isnt. They havent finished the English voice acting yet.

crono_logical
10-11-2005, 05:21 AM
How can you tel VA is better if you can't even understand it? :screwy:Some people can understand it though :p If no-one understood it, you'd better expect a translation to never come out :monster:

Rostum
10-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Okay, your right. WAIT! IT IS OUT IN EANGLAND??????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How old are you? Grow up.

dejavu
10-11-2005, 02:43 PM
You see this knights! These are the type of people who shouldnt have there priviliges! This website was made to be smart, nice, and stupid. If you say " How old are you? Grow up!" Then you may as well not be on the website, plus, your the one with the little cute elf sig! :lol: :grinpink: :chuckle: :roll:

Russielloyd
10-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Obviously not played Final Fantasy XI then.

dejavu
10-11-2005, 02:53 PM
What do you meen? Oh, the elf thing. It is to dang hard to set up PS2 online. But it is coming out on X box 360. X box live is easy. Ya, I know those elfs have another name......taratura!

Russielloyd
10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Theere called Tarutaru and the game is out on PC aswell. Anyways save that for the FFXI forum.

dejavu
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Cool.

Ceil
10-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I much prefer japanese VAs to english. I think it's a prettier language. But maybe it holds that bit of an 'exotic' flavour for me because I don't speak the language. I have heard some bad japanese VAs, but none was evident in Advent Children.

dejavu
10-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Now that was a good post. I actualy feel better about the japanese. I am still going to bwait though. Hey ciel, thanks.

Christmas
10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Since the japanese made the movie, I must said I prefer the "original" voice instead of English.

For another voice acting substituting the original, I don't find it very natural.

Hugomand
10-11-2005, 04:39 PM
I didn't have a problem with the japanese, but Barret doesn't sound very good in japanese. (No race discrimination or anything!!!)

So I prefer the english version, but I still watch it on japanese.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-11-2005, 11:03 PM
i think the jap gets me hyped out in the mood of the story and movie

dejavu
10-11-2005, 11:38 PM
But is that from the acting?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-12-2005, 12:04 AM
no acting dude, its a cg movie :P

TheAbominatrix
10-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Voice acting is acting. It takes talent and skill to do it right, otherwise it sounds bland.

Think of it as your classmates in school reading aloud. It sounds flat, boring, and so on. There's no emotion. Voice acting is acting, as the name implies. All 'normal' actors have voice training so as to convey emotion in their speech. Otherwise it'd all be left up to facial expression and body movement. Not very convincing that way.

dejavu
10-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Wait? You think I am in school? How do you think that?

FFX_fanatiq
10-12-2005, 03:13 AM
How can you!? (pffff!) Whatever... I think it is weird but whatever you want is okay with me.

How is it weired when japenise people MAKE THE DAMN MOVIE
MAKE FINAL FANTASY
HELLO!
OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING THE CREATORS DID 100% IS MUCH BETTER THAN SOMETHING USA/OTHER PLACE PEOPLE
KNOW SECOND HAND

so yeah plus english voice actors are 50 yr old men who sound like phedophiles (take seymoure guado for example)

TheAbominatrix
10-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Wait? You think I am in school? How do you think that?

:rolleyes2 I assume you went to school at one point in your life, unless you were raised in a cave.

dejavu
10-12-2005, 03:26 AM
What are you talking about! You play FF in japanese? :chuckle:

TheAbominatrix
10-12-2005, 03:28 AM
The FF games are made by the Japanese. The only English input is the translation (which is often quite bad). Therefore the quality is thanks to the Japanese.

dejavu
10-12-2005, 03:57 AM
What is wrong with Tidus, wakka, or yunas voice? I don't sence much babnes in the new games. Even though KH isnt FF it had profetional voice actors.

TheAbominatrix
10-12-2005, 03:59 AM
I never complained about their voices. I do, however, prefer the Japanese voices.

But I can say that Tidus, compared to his original Japanese voice actor, sounded like a whiney idiot. Yuna's voice was good, though her tendency to speak so haltingly was annoying.

I dont know what a babnes is, so I cant respond to that.

Kingdom Hearts had professional actors from the normal Hollywood stock, thanks to Disney, along with the original high quality voice actors from the original Disney movies. Final Fantasy games typically have voice actors from cartoons and the like.

dejavu
10-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Babnes? Oh, BADNES! :laugh:

TheAbominatrix
10-12-2005, 04:09 AM
You mean of the translations? Take a look back at Final Fantasy VII... we have lines like "This guy are sick". The original translation of Final Fantasy IV (the SNES version, the PS1 re-release was done far better) was abhorent and left out tons of important facts.

The translations have improved, but are still lacking in some games.

dejavu
10-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Ya but the one you mean has no voices.

TheAbominatrix
10-12-2005, 04:14 AM
Yes, as we were discussing qualities of the games on the whole.

Voice acting always means a non-direct translation, however, because of the need to synch lines.

Russielloyd
10-12-2005, 04:45 AM
The FF games are made by the Japanese. The only English input is the translation (which is often quite bad). Therefore the quality is thanks to the Japanese.

Though saying that, Square Enix is coming with more and more English into there things. Even the title of the game is in English and with the Japanese name on the bottom right of it.

Even the box my Advent Pieces boxset is mostly in English.

TheAbominatrix
10-12-2005, 04:47 AM
That's typical of the Japanese in all aspects of their media. Many things are written in English because it's aetheticly pleasing. That doesnt mean that Americans are responsible for any aspect of the games. The only thing Americans are responsible for is the translation.

Russielloyd
10-12-2005, 05:11 AM
True but i didnt mean America or the UK had that influence to be able to convince SE to do that. It just these days English is the language to learn all around the world and the Japanese are taught it in school, college, uni etc... Seeing as the game is just as popular outside of asia as it is in it, it just makes sense for everyone to understand it. Plus the title looks better in English anyways, lol

dejavu
10-12-2005, 05:53 AM
Doesn't anyone think the japanese is a little anoying? A little?

Christmas
10-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Doesn't anyone think the japanese is a little anoying? A little?

No, at least for me. And this might be offensive to the japanese since they can also say likewise to english.

Russielloyd
10-12-2005, 07:37 AM
When you think about it though, When VA thats the same nationality of the Cartoon/Anime that he working on, they always do i the best of it than any dub from any country. So it seems.

dejavu
10-12-2005, 02:14 PM
The only bad Anime VA I have heard was in the Anime movie, Metropilis. Even for that reason though I still like the english VA.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Voice acting is acting. It takes talent and skill to do it right, otherwise it sounds bland.

Think of it as your classmates in school reading aloud. It sounds flat, boring, and so on. There's no emotion. Voice acting is acting, as the name implies. All 'normal' actors have voice training so as to convey emotion in their speech. Otherwise it'd all be left up to facial expression and body movement. Not very convincing that way.

very well sed,

on a second not, this thread has turned into a hot thread just for trying to teach a kid a lessen :mad: :confused:

dejavu
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Ya I know your all so mean! Whats your freakin problem! I hate you!

:p

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-12-2005, 11:37 PM
lol, ur gonna get banned..................... again :rolleyes2

Russielloyd
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Again!? when was the first time?, hes only been on this site like 2weeks lol

dejavu
10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
It was a joke I made when we were first meetin each other and at first he actualy bought it! :p

Christmas
10-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Again!? when was the first time?, hes only been on this site like 2weeks lol

Isn't he Sora'sCousinTwiceRemoved?

Russielloyd
10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Isn't he Sora'sCousinTwiceRemoved?
i dont know, is he?

Christmas
10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I noticed that the first post he made is asking why Sora'sCousinTwiceRemoved is banned.

And both of them post and behave in the same way which make me come to this conclusion.

PS: And he like to hang out in KH forum a lot like Sora'sCousinTwiceRemoved .

Russielloyd
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
yeah, i think your right, just saw his posts.
Got banned proberly because he was being annoying.

I think he tried annoying me with PMs last night aswell.

dejavu
10-13-2005, 02:17 PM
You think I'm him?:confused:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I think he tried annoying me with PMs last night aswell.
wut do ya meen:confused:

dejavu
10-13-2005, 03:31 PM
This has gone from AC to am I fake. Even if I was do you get every person banned again even when they have learned their leson?

eestlinc
10-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Yes.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-13-2005, 09:09 PM
i guess you can say now hes quadroble removed :D

Russielloyd
10-13-2005, 09:24 PM
wut do ya meen:confused:

He sent me a PM last night with the title "hey. can i talk you about something?" and said...

Shhhhhhhh.......... I'll explain once I get vyour attention but this is someting you must never tell to anyone, got it?

I reply saying "What do you want!" and he replied back and said "Oh, well... nothin."

Thinking he was trying to a get a reaction out of me, i just repied and said "ok bye" and not giving him what he wanted.

This is what i meant by i think he was trying to annoy me, but hes banned now, so he wont be doing it again. Unless there isnt a IP ban on him.

xxPussyCatDollxx
10-15-2005, 11:06 PM
he went to tell you he was sora'scousintwiceremoved thats what i got from him is well......I GOT STALKED BY THE GUY!!!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-17-2005, 12:51 AM
:lol: well its over now, call the police on tht guy:rolleyes2

xxPussyCatDollxx
10-22-2005, 04:49 PM
lol

Reeno the Alchemist
10-22-2005, 08:09 PM
HOW MANY PEEPS HAVE IT CAUSE I DO! (its in jap though:( but with eng sub tital)IF YA GOT GO WHOOOOO WITH ME:tongue:

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
10-25-2005, 12:52 AM
just to let you know here in the phillippines I mean Midgar my friends cousin has DVD version of FFAC they even have the game here man isnt that amazing!!!!

xxPussyCatDollxx
10-28-2005, 02:09 PM
IS IT!!!!, Did you see ff7ac! :D

Dinnova
10-28-2005, 05:11 PM
maby they'll give Nanaki a more reasonable voice when it is in english

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
10-30-2005, 05:35 AM
well yeah my friend saw it not me but he knows every freaking thing about it.And my other friend alex played the game on PS2.:D

xxPussyCatDollxx
10-30-2005, 02:06 PM
i cant wait to see ff7ac!!.... i didnt know it was a game as well!:D

Croyles
11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
WARNING: THIS POST IS COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC

I just read every single post that dejavu made and each one just made me laugh. Where do these guys come from? Well anyway, I think he deserves to be banned for PMing those kind of things and completely flaming nearly everything, frankly, if this forum was run by people like him, it wouldnt last long.

THERE IS NO FF7AC GAME. Unless my eyes have been completely and utterly blind to news.

Odaisé Gaelach
11-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Can we turn this into a thread about the voice-acting in AC, or is it just going to be closed anyway?

crono_logical
11-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Best to start a clean thread than try to mop this one up :p