PDA

View Full Version : RE code veronica help

mj05
10-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Ok, I've gotten to the part where you have to copy the coin thingy and get thru the metal detectors. My only problem is that, shortly after that part, im always out of ammo and health! and ive restarted the game a few times and it always ends up the same. help?!?

Erdrick Holmes
10-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Conserve ammo. You don't need to kill everything in your path. RECV's knife, unlike previous RE games is actually useful. Swipe at a zombie's legs and they go down in two or three swipes.

redxiiii
10-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah you shouldn't be running out of ammo that quickly, you should try and use the combat knife for almost every zombie and sometimes even the dogs. Maybe if you just shot the dogs once while there on the floor you could quickly equip the knife and then hack and slash away.

edczxcvbnm
10-11-2005, 08:29 PM
You don't need to kill EVERYTHING!

I hope this helps.

SeeDRankLou
10-11-2005, 09:09 PM
It's also possible that you just aren't finding all of the ammo that there is to find. While I know not to kill everything in the game, I usually kill most everything in the Prison area, and I come close to running out of ammo but I never run out. Consult gamefaqs.com, it might help (I personally like the guide by Minesweeper).

You may want to reexamine how you are killing the zombies. You can usually shoot a zombie three-ish times and it will go down. If you aren't being chased by more zombies, take out your knife and slash at it while it's down, you'll save ammo and you might even kill it while it's still down, though don't stand by its head. If you ever find that you have plenty of healing items, you can also shoot a zombie and make it fall, and then stand by its head. It will grab and bite Claire's leg, but then Claire will smash its head and it will "die." Also, the MP-100 is your friend. Don't waste it, but don't be afraid to use it.

If you need to dodge zombies, use the following technique which I find rather effective. Lure a zombie to you. When it gets close it will lunge forward a little and try to grab you. If you back up and stay far enough away while the zombie is trying to grab you it will eventually (after four or five steps) put its arms down and give up for a second (except for the ones with the glowing eyes and the doctor). This is your chance, run by it. Also, if you are being attacked by several zombies with no escape in site, lure them to you and let one bite you. While its biting you, the others will get closer, and when Claire pushes the zombie off of her all the nearby zombies will also be pushed back/down, thus your cue to run.

redxiiii
10-12-2005, 12:44 PM
I just found it easy to use the knife for every zombie, I finished the first part with Claire with just over 200 handgun ammo.

Levian
10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Eww, the knife SUCKS. I hate the knife and I never use it. I've finished every RE game and never found a use for the knife, except for when you have to slice Claire out of the icky goo in CVX. Just don't waste the ammo. Make sure every gunshot is a hit, and you should be fine. RE:CVX is the Resident Evil game where you are most likely to run out of ammo. Run from the ones you can, shoot the ones you can't.

mj05
10-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Oops....I just looked and my game is CVX. I thought it was just RECV. Whats the difference?

*Edit* I've never played RECV....well, i thought the game i had was that one, but its not. So, i dunno if there's any difference. On RE2: dual shock version, do you always start out with the machine gun and unlimited ammo on the arrange game? My brother didnt know if that was just a glitch from using a game shark too much. lol

edczxcvbnm
10-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Code Veronica X is no harder than Code Veronia.

Yes you always start out with those items in RE2 arranged.

Code Veronica is wrongly considered the hardest in the series. The reason it is wrongly considered the hardest is because everyone is a pussy and plays the other ones on easy. Code Veronica has no such option. There is only normal. I could claim the opposite and say it is the easiest because there is no hard mode like the other ones.

SeeDRankLou
10-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Eww, the knife SUCKS. I hate the knife and I never use it. I've finished every RE game and never found a use for the knife
The knife is fun, and it you use it right you can take anything down with it. I found it especially useful in REC:VX against those evil, annoying moths, you didn't have to waste any ammo on them. You can trip a zombie with the knife and run past it. And you get a really cool cut scene if you kill Nosferatu with the knife.

Code Veronica is wrongly considered the hardest in the series. The reason it is wrongly considered the hardest is because everyone is a pussy and plays the other ones on easy. Code Veronica has no such option. There is only normal. I could claim the opposite and say it is the easiest because there is no hard mode like the other ones.
I mostly agree with you on that one. I say mostly, because I found RE0 on easy to be a bit harder than REC:VX, but mostly I agree with you. I guess I just needed an easy run of RE0 before I could play it effectively.

redxiiii
10-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Eww, the knife SUCKS. I hate the knife and I never use it. I've finished every RE game and never found a use for the knife
The knife is fun, and it you use it right you can take anything down with it. I found it especially useful in REC:VX against those evil, annoying moths, you didn't have to waste any ammo on them. You can trip a zombie with the knife and run past it. And you get a really cool cut scene if you kill Nosferatu with the knife.

I mostly agree with you on that one. I say mostly, because I found RE0 on easy to be a bit harder than REC:VX, but mostly I agree with you. I guess I just needed an easy run of RE0 before I could play it effectively.

You can KILL NOSFERATU with the knife??!! is that possible? what is the scene? like if you do that because i'll never be able to do it.

Levian
10-12-2005, 08:08 PM

Well, I can see your point, but there is really no need for the knife. I always have tons of ammo at the end of every RE, and I never use the knife. So why slice your way through a game when you can blast your way through a game? :cool: Sure, I always play RE on easy. Never even tried normal and hard. Maybe the knife is a better tactical weapon for those levels, but it's really not necessary on easy or CVX. :p

redxiiii
10-12-2005, 09:08 PM
When I first got the game I found myself running out of ammo,
was lucky enough to get to tyrant but I couldn't beat him because I didn't have enough ammo to slow him down for the catapult to become operational.

SeeDRankLou
10-12-2005, 11:02 PM
You can KILL NOSFERATU with the knife??!! is that possible? what is the scene? like if you do that because i'll never be able to do it.
You have kill anything with the knife, you just have to have the right skill. For this scene however, I'm fairly certain that you can just make the finishing blow with the knife and you will get the same effect. If you've ever gotten the scene where Claire snipes him in the heart, it's pretty much the same except Claire stabs him in the heart.

When I first got the game I found myself running out of ammo,
was lucky enough to get to tyrant but I couldn't beat him because I didn't have enough ammo to slow him down for the catapult to become operational.
Save your explosive bow gun arrows or grenades for that fight.

redxiiii
10-14-2005, 04:02 PM
You have kill anything with the knife, you just have to have the right skill. For this scene however, I'm fairly certain that you can just make the finishing blow with the knife and you will get the same effect. If you've ever gotten the scene where Claire snipes him in the heart, it's pretty much the same except Claire stabs him in the heart.

Save your explosive bow gun arrows or grenades for that fight.
Yeah I have beaten the game now Tyrant is no longer a threat to me:p