PDA

View Full Version : That freaking dog...

Ultima Shadow
10-10-2005, 10:27 PM
What's the deal with the dog that apperas every now and the trough the movie? It's so weird. :greenie:

GunbladeMaster
10-10-2005, 10:30 PM
its red xiii son maybay
(i havent seen the movie but i wanted to be the 1st to post in ur thread) :D

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2005, 10:31 PM
It's a wolf, and it's symbolic. Some say it's Aerith, other say it represents Cloud's lone wolf self.

Sepho
10-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I've heard it symbolizes Zack, too. Who knows.

Shoden
10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
The WOLF represents Cloud's lack of self forgiveness it appears in locations of 2 deaths which he hasn't forgiven himself for.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
cant he be talkin abou redxiii, wut color is it gray or red?

Roogle
10-10-2005, 11:19 PM
The wolf has been confirmed by Tetsuya Nomura himself—in the audio commentary of the Advent Children DVD—to be a symbol of Cloud's guilt.

Destai
10-11-2005, 12:18 AM
The wolf has been confirmed by Tetsuya Nomura himself—in the audio commentary of the Advent Children DVD—to be a symbol of Cloud's guilt.They should have shown the wolf get caught in roadkill or something like that in the end credits.

Russielloyd
10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Also in mythology, Fenrir was a gigantic wolf and the most powerful thing in the universe, thus representing Clouds strength as he is being watched over by Fenrir, IMO.

Sepho
10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
It's no fun when they confirm things. It takes away any reason to speculate and theorize for hours on end. Way to be a killjoy, Tetsuya Nomura.

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 02:41 PM
The wolf has been confirmed by Tetsuya Nomura himself—in the audio commentary of the Advent Children DVD—to be a symbol of Cloud's guilt.Ok, awesome. :cool:

They should have shown the wolf get caught in roadkill or something like that in the end credits.xD *agrees*

TurkSlayer
10-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I haven't seen the movie, so does anyone have a pic?

finch666
10-11-2005, 09:09 PM
the wolf sybolises clouds not forgiving his sins cuz he believes it was his fault zack ansd aeris die cuz if you notice the wolf shows up at zacks grave near the start and where aeris woz buried

Mercen-X
10-12-2005, 12:39 AM
It's no fun when they confirm things. It takes away any reason to speculate and theorize for hours on end. Way to be a killjoy, Tetsuya Nomura.
You mean it takes away your reason to make retarded statements and groundless theories?
'Cause that's what happens. People say the stupidest things and offer up manure as explanation.
Then there are the idiots that come into it and say "it's just a game." If you don't want to offer up a real theory and explanation then shut the hell up and stay the vok out.

Vincent69
10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
a good friend of mine done some research on the good ol internet and found that a wolf in japan is a link between our world and the spirit world. the wolf appears at the graves of zak and aries as a way of putting this across and at the end where cloud is supposidly dead and the wolf walks up next to him its a way of saying its not his time yet.or as one of my mates said after watching the film it could be aries trying to communicate with cloud. thats all we got on it.

* White Aeris *
10-16-2005, 06:45 PM
wow... that sounds increadibly cool...! i haven't seen it yet so any pictures would be great! ;)

BackRoomKid
10-16-2005, 08:45 PM
look at the latest 4-second trailors they got out, think you can find it at "acmovie.com"

* White Aeris *
10-17-2005, 04:10 PM
thanks i'll try!

ffxfreak93
10-17-2005, 10:44 PM
a good friend of mine done some research on the good ol internet and found that a wolf in japan is a link between our world and the spirit world. the wolf appears at the graves of zak and aries as a way of putting this across and at the end where cloud is supposidly dead and the wolf walks up next to him its a way of saying its not his time yet.or as one of my mates said after watching the film it could be aries trying to communicate with cloud. thats all we got on it.

i did never get that hmmm......i wonder if thats what meant

TheAbominatrix
10-17-2005, 10:46 PM
The wolf has been confirmed by Tetsuya Nomura himself—in the audio commentary of the Advent Children DVD—to be a symbol of Cloud's guilt.

Konichiwa, minna.

Chaos
11-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Ahh that makes sense. First time I saw the film twas on my PC and I didn't see any dog, due to poorish quality.
I found the film on a rather excellent quality pirate DVD the other day (Don't worry kids, I'm gunna buy the real deal when they release it) and I kept seeing this dog...I was like wtf? I thought I was seeing things.
Glad to know its supposed to be there.

Chaos

Markus. D
11-10-2005, 12:49 PM
I thought it was Red XIII's alter ego Django, but i was wrong...

to me it symbolizes lonlyness... like it was meant to, hence the name "lone wolf"

im right :)

Destai
11-10-2005, 04:05 PM
I thought it was Red XIII's alter ego Djangowhat