PDA

View Full Version : A problem with Tents

Skyblade
10-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Ok, I haven't had this game that long, so I just want to check something. Using a tent with a Moogle is supposed to fully restore everyone's HP and MP, right? Because it is only restoring about half of that when I'm using it right now. Vivi winds up with only 47 (he had 1 when I used the tent) out of his 91 MP, and Quina (who was very low on health when I used the tent), wound up 350 HP short of his/her maximum. Is there a problem with my game, or are tents not as effective as they are in most other FFs?

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 12:29 AM
yea the tents dont restore all ur HP
i think its like half
i havent gone in depth with that
but ur games not screwed up
square is screwed up not having the tents restore full HP and MP

Skyblade
10-11-2005, 12:34 AM
yea the tents dont restore all ur HP
i think its like half
i havent gone in depth with that
but ur games not screwed up
square is screwed up not having the tents restore full HP and MP

Well, that's good news. As for the rest. >.<

So I have to use two tents to get to full health? That's ridiculous. I mean, I've wondered what they have to do to those tents to wear them out in a single night in most FF games. Now they're not even getting a good rest out of them?! O.o Something fishy must be going on there...

Anyway, as for the calculations, it would seem to be half of the max HP/MP. Vivi's MP, for example, was 91. 91 divided in half is 46 (rounded up: which is how much he gained). So it seems to heal half your max HP/MP, rounded up for odd amounts. They should have just had it heal full...

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 12:38 AM
maybe they wanted it to be more realistic and say that only a nice comfortable Inn can give u a tru good nights sleep (and full HP) while regular tents are uncomfortable and dont give u the needed rest that u deserve (in other words not fully restoring HP)

Beclem
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
I have a more important question regarding the Tents:

Do the moogles sleep in the tent with you? I think it's their pompom sticking out of the tent anyway. If they do, I wonder how they feel about staying in the tent when they're not even tired, and when they can't sleep, do they play with Zidane's willy and fondle Garnet's boobies to pass the time?

EDIT: Um, yeah, none of that please. Murder

Skyblade
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
maybe they wanted it to be more realistic and say that only a nice comfortable Inn can give u a tru good nights sleep (and full HP) while regular tents are uncomfortable and dont give u the needed rest that u deserve (in other words not fully restoring HP)

And they wear out after one use because..?

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 12:47 AM
like i said its uncomfortable

and Beclem that would explain why the moogles are always so FRIENDLY towards zidzane ;)

im done for today. night yall

Beclem
10-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Yeah, plus I'm convinced that Kupo Nuts are a form of ecstasy.

G SpOtZ
10-11-2005, 01:13 AM
actually, moogles are cannibals. kupo nuts are male moogle testicles. it's gross, i know, but there's evidence in the game. i just don't know what that evidence is.

EDIT: as for the tents.... the mogs turn into the tents.

loza
10-11-2005, 06:21 AM
Ok, I haven't had this game that long, so I just want to check something. Using a tent with a Moogle is supposed to fully restore everyone's HP and MP, right? Because it is only restoring about half of that when I'm using it right now. Vivi winds up with only 47 (he had 1 when I used the tent) out of his 91 MP, and Quina (who was very low on health when I used the tent), wound up 350 HP short of his/her maximum. Is there a problem with my game, or are tents not as effective as they are in most other FFs?

i call this a technical problem

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 03:49 PM
pfft

Chris
10-11-2005, 07:24 PM
I always use a potion first and then a tent afterwards.

bipper
10-11-2005, 08:03 PM
are there cabins in 9? It has been a while, but I would think with ff tradition, the cabin would be best :D

Bipper

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 08:17 PM
no they dont have cabins or cottages

RaidenWeb17
10-12-2005, 12:43 AM
when your hp is in the yellow and you use a tent you will never be full hp in the morning. When you get to high lvls always use two tents and you'll be fine.

nik0tine
10-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Tents never fully heal your characters in Final Fantasy. (Most of them, at least.) thats what cottages are for.

Skyblade
10-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Tents never fully heal your characters in Final Fantasy. (Most of them, at least.) thats what cottages are for.

FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2 all had you being fully healed by tents. Cottages usually had secondary effects, such as restoring status effects or healing GFs.

DJZen
10-12-2005, 08:49 AM
FFVI didn't even have cottages or cabins, just tents.

Brian The Pink Shark
10-17-2005, 09:35 PM
The original final fantasys (ie FF1) used 3 tiers of sleeping items

Sleeping Bags
Tents
and Cottages

only cottages are meant to cure your party completely although 9 seems to have missed them out :choc:

SoftReset
10-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Hmmm? FF1 had Tents, Cabins, and Houses.

Are you talking about Origins or the original NES cart?

crazybayman
10-18-2005, 12:24 PM
I just bought this game recently, too.

I just use 2 tents at a save point when necessary. Sure it costs 1600 instead of 800, but getting full hp and mp (I always find that my mp is always low, because of excessive use of those MP attacks) is certainly worth it, especially when you're deep inside a dungeon of some sort.

Brian The Pink Shark
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Hmmm? FF1 had Tents, Cabins, and Houses.

Are you talking about Origins or the original NES cart?

i have dawn of souls so it probably isnt that accurate :choc:

GunbladeMaster
10-18-2005, 04:06 PM
later in the game (as in all FF games)
money wont be a problem

crazybayman
10-18-2005, 07:56 PM
The REAL Hammer treat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/foogle/mc-hammer.jpg
..........wrong thread :p

Craig
10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
lol my bad

GunbladeMaster
10-18-2005, 09:37 PM
again wrong thread...
suspicious...

Leprechaun_boy3
10-24-2005, 03:55 AM
Wierd, had the game since the year it came out, maybe I didn't use tents that much or maybe I just never noticed....Oh well, in the earliest Final Fantasies(1-2 maybe 3 4 5 6, didnt play those in a couple years) tents wouldn't heal fully, had to get a cottage or something. After all 9 is the best of the old with the best of the new...except the limits not being the best of the new. What is Steiner's limit anyway? he jsut get stronger?