Post here your records in the game

I beat it in 11:23. Nice time!!

crazybayman
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Hey there

Impossible.

The Fire Cavern alone will take you at least 10 min, then the mission to Dollet, certain scenes and dialogue alone is much more than this.

Why not lie about something that's at least believable :p

Doomtrain 770
10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey there

Impossible.

The Fire Cavern alone will take you at least 10 min, then the mission to Dollet, certain scenes and dialogue alone is much more than this.

I think 11:23 means 11 hours, 23 minutes.

crazybayman
10-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey there

Impossible.

I think 11:23 means 11 hours, 23 minutes.
ah......of course

my apologies :p

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 03:42 PM
LOL

*__*)
10-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow, under 12 hours is good. Mine was a lot longer, like 60 hours, over the span of 2 years :p . I know! Too long. But I didn't have any outside help, and it was my first final fantasy, so every thing was so new and different. If I played it again, mine would probably be much shorter time.

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Why rush? I like to play RPG's slowly. :cool:

I got everything in the game, did all the extra missions, maxed every characters level etc in about 120 hours. :p

crazybayman
10-11-2005, 04:45 PM

I got everything in the game, did all the extra missions, maxed every characters level etc in about 120 hours. :p
I concur.

Raposa
10-11-2005, 04:52 PM

Huh huh. I've already beaten the game in that way, but took me 70 hours.
So I tried to beat it as fast as possible, to set a record xp
I got this time on my second try. My characters at level 15, I only got 7 GFs, half-dozen magics and 2 or 3 potinos! HEhehhe!

boys from the dwarf
10-11-2005, 04:54 PM

I concur.
great point. its good to do a speed run (expecially on FF9 because there a prize.)but the guide to play the game ultimatly it first play it through quite normally and do anthing you feel like. then make it a bit harder and get every sidequest done and all weapons and talk to everyone and make a near perfect game(and use a differenet party from last time or train up everyone amazingly.)then do finally a spped run and jus do straight to the point see how fast you can do it.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 04:58 PM
thats wat i did except mine went like this

play first time and suck at it, cant beat it, set it aside for 2 years

try playing again and BEAT it but didnt get every single thing done

3rd time play it smoothly, beating the game and doing all the side quests and secrets

4th time GET THE EXCALIBUR II

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-12-2005, 08:43 PM
The FMVs are all about 12 hours, unless you skip them....
Any way, you get more out of a game if you play it carefully and pay good attention to the story line and the details.........

G SpOtZ
10-12-2005, 09:02 PM
thats wat i did except mine went like this

play first time and suck at it, cant beat it, set it aside for 2 years

try playing again and BEAT it but didnt get every single thing done

3rd time play it smoothly, beating the game and doing all the side quests and secrets

4th time GET THE EXCALIBUR II
was the excalibur 2 thing a joke or did you just mix up the games... lol.

i beat my game in 0:00

GunbladeMaster
10-12-2005, 09:11 PM
AHHHH LOL
i was reading the FFXI forum before i did that post. mixed the games up but yeah same concept
hehe thanx for pointing it out

Raposa
10-14-2005, 05:53 AM
The FMVs are all about 12 hours, unless you skip them....
Any way, you get more out of a game if you play it carefully and pay good attention to the story line and the details.........

There is no way to skip the FMVs, none of them.
Of course I'm not counting the ending movie.

As I said before, I beat the game 100%! With all GFs, ultimate weapons, side quests done, level 100. I simply wanted to see how fast I could go.

BackRoomKid
10-14-2005, 06:39 AM
The FMVs are all about 12 hours

i really doubt that....the longest FMV may be like 15+ minutes (the ending) and i can't really know how many FMV's there are but if there were 20 being 5 minutes....only over an hour

crazybayman
10-14-2005, 12:20 PM
i really doubt that....the longest FMV may be like 15+ minutes (the ending) and i can't really know how many FMV's there are but if there were 20 being 5 minutes....only over an hour
True.
Even estimating each of them to be 5 minutes each is being incredibally conservative.

Each one of them individually are not very long at all. Many I'd even guess to be under 1 minute.

Christmas
10-14-2005, 12:27 PM

:bow:

Lady Selphie
10-14-2005, 01:31 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

you don`t believe that my record is 81:55

Black Angel
10-24-2005, 01:52 AM
My tip............................A strategy guide! HEE HEE!!! I havent entirly beat it but im somewhere around 60:45

rubah
10-24-2005, 04:08 AM
fire cavern doesn't take anywhere NEAR ten minutes.

And FF8 boasts an Hour of Full Motion Video, on the box, does it not?

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/ -> http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/ff8-back.jpg

Skyblade
10-24-2005, 04:50 AM
fire cavern doesn't take anywhere NEAR ten minutes.

And FF8 boasts an Hour of Full Motion Video, on the box, does it not?

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/ -> http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/ff8-back.jpg

That site doesn't allow off site linking of images, so your second link doesn't work, rubah. And I couldn't find the image you wanted to show from the main site...

However, I have no doubt that you are correct.