PDA

View Full Version : The End

Light Mage
10-11-2005, 04:17 PM
How cool is this?

I was suffering when trying to beat Diablos and was scrolling through Selphie's Limit Breaks when a spell called "The End" came up.

I'd never heard of seen it before so of course I just had to select it.

It's so pretty!! *la-la-la*

Another time I was playing with Selphie's Limit Breaks she got killed before I could activate the "Rapture" spell. D'OH!

Does anyone know what Selphie's "Rapture" Limit Break spell does?

Doomtrain 770
10-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Rapture is an attack that kills enemies in one hit, but doesn't work on all enemies.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 04:23 PM
The Ends ze best.
in the words of selphie
"it blows all the enemies to smithereens" (however u spell it)

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Rapture= Kills all enemies. Doesn't work on bosses and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on Tonberries and Cactuars either.

The End= Kills ANYTHING that's not undead, even bosses. This is the most cheap move in FFVIII and should never have been made into the game.

Light Mage
10-11-2005, 04:40 PM
The End dosn't work on that Giant Robot Spider Thing at the start of the game in Dollet though - it only does one standard kill on it.

Although saying that I did use it in the first battle in front of the tower when you can't kill it anyway, so I may be mistaken.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 04:43 PM
The X-ATMO92 does die in that battle but it isnt gone cas u can fight it again if u dont do the rit things

Light Mage
10-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah I know, I killed it anyway afterwards, on two seperate occasions, while it was chasing me away from the tower.

I got a different item each time after the battle though, what's up with that?

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 04:53 PM
wat item was it? but anyway the creators r just trying to reward u for er weakening and um escaping from this bot...

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Hint: Limit Break Trick
Here's a tip for getting "The End" for Selphie's limit break. When using her slots limit break, open your PlayStation lid. This will cause everything else to freeze while you can take your time to choose "The End" for the slots. When you're done, close the PlayStation lid to resume the action.

Doomtrain 770
10-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Here's a tip for getting "The End" for Selphie's limit break. When using her slots limit break, open your PlayStation lid. This will cause everything else to freeze while you can take your time to choose "The End" for the slots. When you're done, close the PlayStation lid to resume the action.

Does that work with Zell's limit break too?

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 05:35 PM
dunno never tried it
besides zells limit breaks dont take much damage
well for me at least

Skyblade
10-11-2005, 06:04 PM

Does that work with Zell's limit break too?

I doubt it. It might work for actually entering the commands, but the lid will have to be closed for them to execute.

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Here's a tip for getting "The End" for Selphie's limit break. When using her slots limit break, open your PlayStation lid. This will cause everything else to freeze while you can take your time to choose "The End" for the slots. When you're done, close the PlayStation lid to resume the action.That's not a trick, it's CHEAT!!!

dunno never tried it
well for me at least
Actually... Zell's limmitbreak is capable of being the most dammaging limmitbreak in the entire game. :p

Doomtrain 770
10-11-2005, 06:14 PM
When I use Zell's limit break, i always pause the game on the screen where it tells you the commands to save some time.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Here's a tip for getting "The End" for Selphie's limit break. When using her slots limit break, open your PlayStation lid. This will cause everything else to freeze while you can take your time to choose "The End" for the slots. When you're done, close the PlayStation lid to resume the action.That's not a trick, it's CHEAT!!!

dunno never tried it
well for me at least
Actually... Zell's limmitbreak is capable of being the most dammaging limmitbreak in the entire game. :p

trick, cheat i dont see a difference... :D

HELL NO! Squalls Lionheart is! Zells`limit break takes like 4000-5000 worth of damage. The GF takes more

Skyblade
10-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Generally, a trick involves manipulating in game elements, such as RNG methods, while a cheat involves manipulating the game with outside effects (such as a GameShark). This technique probably qualifies as a cheat.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 06:44 PM
whatever...its still a cool TRICK :p

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 06:51 PM
HELL NO! Squalls Lionheart is! Zells`limit break takes like 4000-5000 worth of damage. The GF takes moreI guess you've never heard of "Armagedon Fists", then. :greenie:
Squall's Lion Heart does about 200,000 dammage if his strength is maxed while Zell can do more than 600,000 dammage, by using the Armagedon Fists technique.

However... I also consider Armagedon Fists a bit cheap. Not cheat, but cheap.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 07:05 PM

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 07:29 PM
.........????

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
ive never heard of Armagedon Fists. isnt my final heaven the best one?

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Final Heaven is far from even being "good" + the fact that it prevents you from continue doing Duell moves... which really, really sucks.

Armagedon Fists is not the name of an actual move in FFVIII. Armagedon Fists is when you press O+X as fast as possible, and then, once you're able to perform a new move, < + > as fast as possible. You'll be able to use the O+X move and the < + > move over and over again until the time runs out. Since the time pauses once you've pressed the buttons required for the move you want to perform, you'll be able to do about 6 moves every second, or even more if you're fast enough.

Let's say that you get a total time of 12 seconds when you're using Duell. By only doing Boya (O+X) and Punch Rush (< + >), you'll attack 6 times a second. 12x6= 72. 72 hits! And if you have maxed strength and your enemy is under the effect of Meltdown, then every hit will do about 9999 dammage. 72x9999= A whole lot of dammage.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 08:16 PM
hm cool

Destai
10-11-2005, 08:18 PM
I used it once when fighting ultimecias first form. I dont think it worked though. Anyway its so hard to get in the first place it doesnt really matter that its a cheap move.

Light Mage
10-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Will that work with playing it on a PS2?

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 08:52 PM
pretty sure

if it doesnt then try just ejecting it and then pushing it back in
i dont know wat effect this has but on FFIX under 12 hour game it helped with FMVs

* White Aeris *
10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
when i do this i cast a spell then open the lid when selphies menus up and the spell is just about to be cast. that way the ps 1 can't load the spell graphics so stops. but its fine again once you put the lid back down! ;)
if i don't do this the fight just carrys on for me. but i still have never got the end..... believe me i've sat there trying....

Doomtrain 770
10-12-2005, 01:36 PM
The End is very rare. I sat there scrolling through the spells for 45 minutes and never got it once! Then I got fed up and used Squall's limit break.

Light Mage
10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
The two times I got it I think Squall and Zell were both KO'ed at the time.

I remember reading in the Player's Guide that the game has an internal assessor for the desperateness of a situation, and adjusts the Limit's randomness accordingly.

GunbladeMaster
10-12-2005, 10:43 PM
u actually READ the players guide?

Skyblade
10-13-2005, 09:30 AM
u actually READ the players guide?

What else would we do with it? Look at the pretty pictures?

Light Mage
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Well I was going to cut out the pictures and use them to make a collage, but then I couldn't be bothered.

GunbladeMaster
10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
What else would we do with it? Look at the pretty pictures?

yeah:p