PDA

View Full Version : Flashback with young Riku

SeeDRankLou
10-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok, so we see two flashbacks with young Riku and Sora. I think the first was Sora's memory and to let the audience know that Sora missed Riku. But the second couldn't have been Sora's memory because it showed a bit without Sora (it's possibly Riku's memory though). It shows Riku turning around and seeing the keyhole that seconds before they couldn't see. What is everyone's thought about the meaning of this flashback?

I've always been perplexed by the timing of this flashback as it pertains to its significance, why did we see it when we arrived at the Hollow Bastion? Is it Riku having this flashback and not Sora? Is this suppose to somehow implicate that Riku was the one who was suppose to receive the keyblade since he saw the keyhole and Sora did not? Or is this suppose to show when the keyhole was revealed? Is it when Riku started to accept the darkness that the keyhole revealed itself? And for that matter is it Riku who drew the heartless to Destiny Island? Just some questions that probably don't have concrete answers for everyone to discuss. :D

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 09:36 PM
its not anyones flashback
its just a flashback to show us some suspense and more insight on riku too

SeeDRankLou
10-11-2005, 09:40 PM
its not anyones flashback
Are you sure? The first one happens when Sora is knocked out by being swallowed by Monstro right? And the second one happens right after you seal the keyhole in Neverland, Sora closes his eyes and we are shown a flashback. I guess you could have a point that the second is still Sora's memory, just the last part is the game showing us an extra scene that Sora didn't know about.

GunbladeMaster
10-11-2005, 09:50 PM
a basic answer to ur question is just that the game was giving us some insight to what happened in the past
if there is anything else u or some1 else would like to add then plez do

Cruise Control
10-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Hm, I believe that is when the darkness was born in him, wanting to know where it led. Just my guess.

HunterFlamebrow
10-12-2005, 12:10 AM
I think the extra bit shown is just to add suspense, from a omniescent third person point of view -- much like the scenes of exchanges between Riku and Malificent.

This is going off tangent a bit, but does anyone remember . . . right at the end of one of the flashbacks, Riku says to Sora "hey did you hear about the girl that arrived during the meteor shower last night?" or something to that effect. This seems very significant (I'd guess it refers to Kairi, simply because she is the only "girl" we know of on the island), but is never mentioned again . . . or is it? Anyone know?

Winter Nights
10-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Yes, they are referring to Kairi.