PDA

View Full Version : Printing is fun!!! xD

Chaos
10-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I madeded a printie.

I'm currently doing a printing project in college and I was doing an ever so nice dry point etch of berries and whatnot. After doing about 9 consecutive prints of the same thing I got bored and lumped all different coloured ink on my plate and sprinkled talcum powder, rubbed, pulled and smudged the ink about to create a yaaay effect. Then when it dried I took it home and doodled a little angel thing on it in photoshop. I dunno why an angel, I was looking at how some of the ink splurged and it reminded me of wings...so I took it from there. Hope you like it...file is a bit big, but....yay? :)

Chaos

crashNUMBERS
10-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Holy Shizz!

black orb
10-11-2005, 11:08 PM
>>> That background you painted is very good, but for some reason the angel you drew with photoshop doesnt fit very well with such background..

nik0tine
10-12-2005, 01:14 AM
I like it.

crashNUMBERS
10-12-2005, 02:58 AM
>>> That background you painted is very good, but for some reason the angel you drew with photoshop doesnt fit very well with such background..
Yeah it does. Some sad angel...

Leeza
10-12-2005, 03:36 AM
I know you explained the process of how you made that, but I still don't get it. Regardless, I like it and the colours. I imagine the texture of the real thing would make it even better. :)

Russielloyd
10-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Nice work, Not seen anything like that.

How about printing money, can you do that? :D

Chaos
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM

I agree the little dude doesn't fit perfectly well, it just started off as looking at what shapes were created by the print and then blossomed on into the angely guy.

Uh, the process behind this...I got a sheet of clear plastic and with a sharp screw (I was cheap and didn't get an etching tool) I etched into it a design based around some berries I had found...basically a few interlinked circles. I rolled on lots of printing ink, ran it thruogh a printing press with some paper and got a print. I kept doing that, experimenting with different inks, different ways of applying ink until I got bored and just lumped on a whole load of red and black ink, sprinkled it with talcum powder and printed it. I put on so much ink that it pretty much hid my original etch and gave all nice effects. Then I just photoshop'd over it somewhat.

Bit experimental, but yay....

Chaos

Rengori
10-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Holy Shizz!

ZeZipster
10-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Yaay indeed.

themagicroundabout
10-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Tis very good :excited:
but what else should i expect from an artist like you? :)