PDA

View Full Version : What Weapon is Harder

Demonicsephiroth
10-12-2005, 04:42 AM
I personally think ruby is harder but I may be wrong
even though Ruby can Be Frozen By Hades and you can go from there. He is immune to fire and can get rid of up two 2 of your caracters.But on the other hand Emerald gets stronger dedending on number of materals you have equiped.
so it is your choice tell me what you think

boys from the dwarf
10-12-2005, 06:58 AM
ruby has a completely easy strategy to beat him which if you have the right materia can make him easier than a goblin. emerald though doesnt have an ultimate strat to make him stupidly easy so hes harder.

nik0tine
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I think emerald is harder.

Ultima Shadow
10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
emerald though doesnt have an ultimate strat to make him stupidly easy so hes harder.Yes, he has. The limmitbreak mime-counter trick makes even Emerald Weapon a battle that's almost impossible to lose.

I think Ruby is harder. They are both far too easy as long as you don't make them harder... like, for example, fighting Ruby without materia or Emerald with the least powerful equipment and only magic materia or something like that etc. However... more stuff is required to make the Ruby Weapon battle easy (Hades, KotR etc) while Emerald can be beaten with more simple and unprepared parties.

* White Aeris *
10-12-2005, 11:05 AM
i think rubys harder but probably only because i trained and made a plan for emmy and beat him, so he seems harder to me.

KoShiatar
10-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Emerald was harder to me, because I could not paralyze it and because of the Aire Tame storm. Luckily, Phoenix=Final Attack came in handy.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
to ultima shadow: ur right about the mime limit break to beat emerald, but that strategy is not sepecific to emerald. anything can be beaten like that, in fact ur near invincible!

G SpOtZ
10-12-2005, 06:17 PM
sapphire weapon.

GunbladeMaster
10-12-2005, 06:29 PM
sapphire weapon.

????

yeah emerald cause it was the only boss i lost to ;)

ScottNUMBERS
10-12-2005, 07:03 PM
sapphire weapon.

Skyblade
10-12-2005, 07:03 PM
sapphire weapon.

I don't think that's a valid choice, G SpOtZ, since you never get to actually fight Sapphire...

Ultima Shadow
10-12-2005, 08:19 PM
to ultima shadow: ur right about the mime limit break to beat emerald, but that strategy is not sepecific to emerald. anything can be beaten like that, in fact ur near invincible!Well, Emerald's the only one who won't be pulverized by the Hades+KotR+Mime trick that's used against Ruby. And Ruby's amazing defense makes most limmitbreaks pretty worthless.

Therefore Hades+KotR+Mime annilates everything but Emerald while limmitbreak+mime+counter annilates everything but Ruby. :p

Necronopticous
10-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Ruby is undoubtedly the tougher of the two.

Levian
10-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Ruby

GunbladeMaster
10-12-2005, 09:00 PM
um what is sapphire weapon? or wat scene was it in?

Dinnova
10-13-2005, 12:00 AM
um what is sapphire weapon? or wat scene was it in?
Thats the one that gets smoked my the cannon in Junon.

G SpOtZ
10-13-2005, 12:32 AM
sapphire weapon.

I don't think that's a valid choice, G SpOtZ, since you never get to actually fight Sapphire...
i was kidding lol

Rengori
10-13-2005, 12:57 AM
I think emerald is harder.

ThroneofDravaris
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Emerald. Unlike Ruby Weapon, it actually stands a chance of harming you….

The Spirit of Aeris
10-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Personally I think Ruby is harder. At least you have all three characters against Emerald.

Zell>Everything
10-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Omega

RiTaPuffy
10-14-2005, 12:48 AM
....Diamond weapon!! XDD

RiTaPuffy
10-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Personally I think Ruby is harder. At least you have all three characters against Emerald.
You better off entering the battle with 2 members dead so Ruby wont swallow up one of ur guys. So after the tentacles are up behind you, you can revive all of ur members.

Skyblade
10-14-2005, 03:55 AM
i was kidding lol

Well, since it took a direct hit from the sister ray to bring it down, you could argue that it's the hardest, but it would be tied with Diamond in that case...

RaidenWeb17
10-15-2005, 05:30 AM
so there was Saphire, diamond, ultima, emerald, and ruby? am i missing any?

Ultima Shadow
10-15-2005, 10:35 AM
so there was Saphire, diamond, ultima, emerald, and ruby? am i missing any?Yeah, that's all of them. So no, you're not missing any.

dan2k3
10-15-2005, 11:09 AM
i would say:
with right setups both the same
with no KoTR Ruby
with no controller Emerald
with no controller and no KoTR Ruby
with no materia definitely ruby by miles

so overall i would say ruby is harder

Ultima Shadow
10-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Exactly what do you mean by "not using the controller"? :p

Edit: Ok, nevermind. You mean by simply killing them trough counters. :greenie:

dan2k3
10-15-2005, 11:56 AM
yeah sure :P taking ruby as an example. cloud lvl 99
with ribbon,mystile and ultima weapon.
materia setup below (other 2 chars are dead)

ultima weapon
(magic+)=(magic+)(magic+)=(HP+)(magic counter=restore)(magic counter=KOR)
N.B. the restore must have regen but NOT cure 3 so not a mastered 1

mystile
(counter)=(mime)(counter)=(mime)(counter)=(mime)
now enter the fight and put the pad on the floor and u will beat ruby without touching a button as he does a move and cloud counters with 4KOTR and regen so has full health after the go off. only 1 KOTR is free but he will still do the free 1 after failing the others so u dont need to keeep your MP up. and as the 3 Magic plusses are there kotr should do a LOT and after 7 or 8 knights ruby will be toast

Swordicanus
10-15-2005, 11:58 AM
They are both easy when prepared correctly but if I had to I'd choose Ruby

Neco Arc
10-15-2005, 01:04 PM
i reckon ruby...
reasons:

Cloud has apocalypse, average stats - hence no upgrades with sources, omnislash, mystile, 4 level star KOTR joined with mp absorb, ribbon, 4x cut, mastered hp plus, mastered mp plus, magic plus, speed plus, mime, master summon

mega elixers, etc...

Barret has drill armlet, rune armlet, average stats, mastered hp & mp stuff and master summon with lv 1 w-summon, and other stuff i wanted to get upgraded

Tifa has platinum fist, rune armlet, average stats, mastered hp & mp stuff and master summon with mp absorb, phoenix and final attack, and other stuff i wanted to get upgraded

did not know that hades would work against ruby hence did not cast. did kill of Tifa and Barret then revived them with cloud. used knights of the round, limits were useless as well as normal attacks, kept on getting wasted by ultima, managed to beat ruby after 5 trys with all characters still alive and not sucked by whirpool.

Emerald was easier but still not easy. (killed 'it' before killing ruby)

had a mastered KOTR and a level 2 KOTR
phoenix and final attack
underwater materia, hp pluses, mp pluses, mime, mega elixers, etc

using limits on it is much better than against ruby.
A lot easier...(but I cannot beat it without underwater materia)

Dreddz
10-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Ruby is undoubtedly the tougher of the two.
I say that, but people all say its emerald.....