PDA

View Full Version : Baigan and calgazzo?!

redxiiii
10-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Anyone got a good strategy for beating them? and what level I should be at before facing them?

Sasquatch
10-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Baigan, make sure you use Twin constantly. Cast Bersk on Cecil and Yang, and have Tellah heal. Cagnazzo, just use Lit, constantly. It helps, of course, if Yang has Bolt Claws on.

redxiiii
10-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Where can I get some bolt claws because I only have fire claws and there useless.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Lit 3 will absolutely DESTROY Cagnazzo.

Necronopticous
10-12-2005, 08:07 PM
http://demented3d.com/ffiv/ep07.html

Yes, Lit-3.

boys from the dwarf
10-12-2005, 08:23 PM
i got stuck on this for ages but just be a high level and beat baigan the normal way. have tellah cast a level 3 magic to take of a lot of health before he uses wall then use twin because barriers dont effect twin magic. youll need a lot of healing anf only destroy one arm at a time(destroy whichevers doing most damage.). if you can dispel his magic reflect barrier have tellah cast a level 3 spell then diapel then do another level 3 to kill him very quickly.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-12-2005, 08:31 PM
You can also cast reflect on one of your own party members and bounce the spell off of them, as reflect does not reflect a reflected spell. Much more time and MP effective than dispeling.

ScottNUMBERS
10-12-2005, 10:49 PM
I find that twin magic takes too long to cast and baigan can kill the palom and porom so easily. I put them in the front row and let them die.
After beating baigan why not do what I did and go back to the previous save point so that you avoid having to defeat baigan only to be crushed by Calgazzo.

Baigan:
Have Cecil, Yang and Tellah in the back row. Have Tellah Alternate between using a level 3 magic on baigans torso, and casting Cure4 on the entire party. (If you cast a spell on baigans torso he will counter with wall which relects magic back to your characters, so if you allternate, by the time you've used Cure4 his wall will be gone). Have yang use the occational Ether 1 or 2 on Tellah when required. And use Cecil for Extra Healing. This means you will have to put the twins in the front row they will be useless and they will die don't bother reviving them but if you can sqeeze in a Twin magic. If Yang or Cecil don't need to heal with Ethers or Cure spells have them attack the Torso.

Calgazzo:
Make sure you keep Tellah alive at all costs as long as you do this he should be a breeze. Have everyone else heal. (Especially heal Tellah)
When you cast bolt3 this will stop him using his devistating wave attack, and do a good 2000-4000 Damage. (I think)
Bolt3 x 3 + Calgazzo = Dead.

I also had problems with these two on the Antology version, Which I presume you are using. Remeber don't give up after one Atempt. ;)
I'm stuck on that damned dark elf right now. :mad:

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2005, 07:47 PM
although dispel is less efficent reflect will mean you can only heal with potions on the reflected characters. unless you have enough health and protection i wouldnt risk the reflect technique.

Dignified Pauper
10-14-2005, 01:56 AM
Baigan - Inbetween his casts of Wall, use Lit 3 on his body.

Cagnazzo - Lit 3.

Simple.