PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy

Laugh at face of Danger
10-12-2005, 09:26 PM
This has been annoying me for quite some time now. I've been umming and ahhing over whether or not to buy this damn game. So many people have slagged it off it put me off buying it, but then there are a few devout people that will stand by it until it falls into the pits of hell and beyond.

So should i get it and see what the fuss is about? Or save my money for AC?

raskerino
10-12-2005, 09:33 PM
It's an excellent game. It's got fun characters, a nice feel, well done class-based combat, and an excellent storyline with one of the best antagonists ever.

GunbladeMaster
10-12-2005, 09:34 PM
its a cheap game
like 20 bucks
plus it is actually a very good game
but not as good as the other ones
but its not as bad as X-2 :D
ull never know if its bad unless u play it for ur self

Marshall Banana
10-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Buy it...now!

Seriously, a friend suggested I play the game and let me borrow it.
I enjoyed it so much I played right through a friend's birthday party the next day and I bought it the same week. XD

GunbladeMaster
10-12-2005, 10:27 PM
u know it is a good game but not that good to miss some of that good ol birthday cake
yum yum

G SpOtZ
10-12-2005, 11:28 PM
PIDGEON

buy it.

tastetherainbow
10-13-2005, 12:37 AM
go buy it.its only like 20 bucks and its not a bad game.

Rengori
10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
If you don't wish for Kishi to call you a horrible idiot, buy it. Or if you want to play the best FF, buy it. You shall be addicted by Evil Forest or a complete money back garuntee!

ezzarian
10-13-2005, 01:29 AM
The game itself is a lot of fun and the sidequests ROCK as well! This is a total must-have!

boys from the dwarf
10-13-2005, 07:04 AM
you have to buy it. your an FF fan . you need it. its just as good as some other FFs and also even better than a few and youll be able to get it cheap.

Skyblade
10-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Buy it. I was agonizing over the same decision earlier, and it is well worth the money spent. Get a used copy if you want. It shouldn't be more than 20 dollars.

DK
10-13-2005, 12:23 PM
PIDGEON

buy it.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Ultima Shadow
10-13-2005, 12:32 PM
PIDGEON

buy it.This man knows what he is talking about.He's talking about buying a pidgeon! :cool:

crazybayman
10-13-2005, 12:37 PM
I was in the same predicament just a little while ago. I decided to buy it, and its a great game.

Buy it. Its worth it. Definitely worth the $20.

However, when I went to buy it, I had a hard time finding it. There was actually only one copy left in the entire city, that I could find, anyways. I believe that seeing how its a PS1 game, they've stopped making it, or at least will soon stop making it. For that reason the f#@kers at the store jacked up the price to $35. Not that that's a lot of money, but its almost double the $20 I paid for FFVIII earlier this year.

Or maybe I got ripped off. Be that as it may, it was the only copy left in town, so I had no choice.

Anyways, my point is, go get it now.

Chris
10-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Why is this even a question? I mean, every Final Fantasy fan should definitely own this amazing game.

Laugh at face of Danger
10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Sorry for living on good old backwater England :p

............like many other people who own FFIX.........dodododo

I'll get right onto buying that pidgeon game

Hellza
10-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Buy it now!
Probablly one of my all time favorite games. The storyline is amazeing. Lot's of twists. The characters are so well done. They have really distinct personalaties. Each and every one of them.
I recently started playing it again. I forced myself not to for at least two years so that it would be extremly fuzzy in my head. But unfortunately it was just to damn good. The memory stuck with me. But the thing is. With most good games. i play it a few times and then it's just not the same. And i wish I could erase my memory of it and replay it so that i would enjoy it just as much as the first time. Well with final fantasy 9 it's not like that at all. Ive completed it numerous times, over and over. There is more than one ending even. And the side quest's and people are just great. You would definately not regret this purchase. I myself. am extremly poor. To my family 5 bucks is "yes! another jugg of milk!" But even so i would pay 500 dollars or more if i had to to own this game.

KoShiatar
10-15-2005, 09:29 PM
You haven't played this yet?! Buy! ^__^

AC is worth watching over and over, but it'll never amuse you like FF IX will.
THEN, save some more money and buy AC, but without any hurry.

GunbladeMaster
10-15-2005, 10:00 PM
goosefrabra

Slade
10-16-2005, 02:20 AM
AC.....puh. I would buy IX. Its an awsome game. Plus by the time AC comes out you should have regained your money.

rubah
10-16-2005, 02:35 AM
wow, I'm the only one that picked no xD

boys from the dwarf
10-16-2005, 09:41 AM
goosefrabra
is that your random catch phrase or summin?

GunbladeMaster
10-16-2005, 09:55 AM
:D

Dreddz
10-16-2005, 10:35 AM
OMG, your actually placing AC as a higher Priority. jeez
Buy FFIX now, its great. And just forget AC.....

raskerino
10-16-2005, 05:19 PM
There is more than one ending even.

Whaaaaaatttt???

Never knew that, don't believe it.

So what's the other ending (put it in spoiler tags cause the creator of this thread clearly hasn't played it yet).

GunbladeMaster
10-16-2005, 05:25 PM
no there isnt!

Pouring Rain
10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
I thinks its pretty cool.
So buy it~

eestlinc
10-17-2005, 12:43 AM
There's only one ending, but it's possible to add a small and basically pointless extra little scene to the ending by fulfilling a certain pointless requirement.

But you should buy it anyway, because it's a really beautiful and fun game.

RaidenWeb17
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
There's only one ending, but it's possible to add a small and basically pointless extra little scene to the ending by fulfilling a certain pointless requirement.

yeah the stellazzio sidequest.
This was the first FF i ever played and pretty much the first game i ripped apart in so many ways. I loved the chocograph sidequest and the friendly monsters and excalibur II and stellazzios and morrid's coffee and frog catching and the treasure rank (I'm a pround owner of the S rank) and mognet central and the secret of the eidolon (how do you pronounce that)
and the legenday synthesis and the ragtime mouse and tetra master and Final Fantasy IX's WEAPON

BUY THIS FREAKING GAME!!!!!!!!

Brian The Pink Shark
10-17-2005, 09:31 PM
FF9 has Kuja and the best chocobo mini game in the whole series what more reasons do you need to bye it :choc:

crazybayman
10-18-2005, 12:14 PM
OMG, your actually placing AC as a higher Priority. jeez
Buy FFIX now, its great. And just forget AC.....
Fack yes.......AC is 1.5 hour long sequel to a videogame (but a great one at that). FFIX is a videogame, and will give you hours and hours of game play, and has great replay value.

Get FFIX rather than AC....just get AC later.

asukaevaunit02
10-25-2005, 03:27 AM
its a great game, it what made me get a ps1 and everything, my babysiters brother showed me the game i played it for a hour and was hooked i had neva played anything like it b4 so i got a ps1 and got the game abosooutely great game, nothings better(i havnt played ff7 or 8 but im getton ff8 in 3 days and ff7 not too long after)
great story, characters just too good
best eva

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
10-29-2005, 06:42 AM
those who not buy this game are missing out on alotta sad monents in ff history.. the ture time will be when i make a game know as tales of legacy-dawn of sorrow may be awhile before i can get the program going so you all have to wait before seeing epic destuction :mad: