PDA

View Full Version : Random unofficial poll... kinda?

yingyang
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I've never posted before.. so forgive if I do something 'bad'... lol

Alright... THREE RANDOM QUESTIONS I WANT YOUR ANSWERS ON!!! :D
woot! Alright.. strap on your safetybelts (cause you don't want a ticket), get your blankie, some cookies.. ok, here we go.. :D

1. My friend says that in the books, Harry Potter is born in 1980 and all the books basically take place in the 1990's. Is this true? I don't remember this... if so, please give specific page number!

2. Conan O' Brien (whom I am an avid fan of) is taking over Jay Leno's job as host of the tonight show. I was really excited at first... then I got to thinking. For those of you who watch Conan, his show is random and low budget - yet funny! Do you think when he goes to the tonight show he'll be less 'random'.. which I think is his funniest distinguishing feature.. or will he keep the show format the same?

3. Me and Reles were discussing in the car one day about how British/Foriegn music is different than American music. What's your general opinon on this? I just want to know...

Thanx to all! xoxo

Reles
10-13-2005, 03:40 AM
I find british alternative to be more chill, gloomy, or just...cooler. :D? Though we were discussing alternative, not just the whole music genre, of course all cultures are going to have different sounds. But in british alternative, their voices seem higher, I guess because of their accent, but most of the time I can't ever understand the lyrics, nonetheless, I love the bands like Radiohead and muse and coldplay. Anyway, I've read Harry Potter, but no dates, maybe because I'm on the 5th book, and haven't finished the whole series.

krissy
10-13-2005, 07:24 AM
1. he's born in 1964. don't think this is ever stated actually

2) whoa he is? but...there goes the underground appeal of this tall rehead

3), yeah i agree with reles, but i think what's really causing it is the hormones in american food cause lower voices and NA has more mcdonalds and such so you see where i'm coming from.
or it's chance.
i've heard some english bands where the singer sounds all low tone

nickelback sux
might be an issue with american alternative rock having been commercialized beyond everything and we get mediocore stuff more often than england, which is closer to europe, where techno and trance are popular with the kids nowadays

i dont' even see why they call it alternative anymore, it's so popular
alternative? to what?

Old Manus
10-13-2005, 07:31 AM