PDA

View Full Version : Black Materia??

Dinnova
10-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I was just thinking recently( :eek: ), after the whole event of ff7, what happened to the black materia? Did it just simply vanish? I dont recall anything describing what happened to it.

Flying Mullet
10-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Cloud played fetch with Nanaki with it.

GunbladeMaster
10-13-2005, 05:45 PM
cloud gave it to sephiroth at the temple of the ancients and summoned meteor with it

Shoden
10-13-2005, 06:08 PM
after that. Was the Black materia destroyed?

Fonzie
10-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Maybe its like a once use thing?

GunbladeMaster
10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
probably

Light Mage
10-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I presume it was sealed away in the depths of the earth from where Holy originated... After all, that's where Sephiroth was holding Holy back from, and he had the Black Materia on him, so when he was defeated the Black Materia fell from his hair and tumbled into the the darkness... or something.

Holy_Aeris
10-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Noo ok remember peoples!
Cloud did give it to Sehiroth in the Temple of Ancients on Disk One. On Disk Two, you see cloud giving it to the real Spehiroth again at the Northern Crater. So my guess is, when Cloud defeated Sephiroth at the end, somehow it must of gotten destroyed, like Sephiroth.

Well thats what i think.

Demonicsephiroth
10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
I was just thinking recently( :eek: ), after the whole event of ff7, what happened to the black materia? Did it just simply vanish? I dont recall anything describing what happened to it.It was used to summon Meteor and it itself became meteor

Dinnova
10-13-2005, 08:53 PM
It was used to summon Meteor and it itself became meteor
That could be true, but it getting destroyed when holy was cast or when sephiroth was defeated seems more likley. Materia just gives you the knowledge to use the attacks.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-13-2005, 09:04 PM
cloud: here tifa i found a present for you
tifa:wot is it
cloud:it's sephiroth's black heart go on beta the living crap out of it! hey where did it go!?
tifa:it just dissolved into my hand!
cloud:OMG! look at u ur turning into jenova!
tifa:uarghuarghuugshgruguagrhrgha!!!!!
cloud: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . how come all the girls i pic have to die!!
*cloud draws buster sword, even tho he has ultima weapon (dumbass!), ad staps tifa in the foot.
tifa:argh u bitch!
cloud: sorry . . .
tifa:that won't do cloud
cloud:*on his knees*oh please i'm sorry . . .
tifa:*in a moody woman voice* no, it's too late know isn't it
*cloud marries tifa as a way of apology and she kills him on the honeymoon night (it was still the best he'd ever had though!). tifa regurgitates cloud one day prior to the events of advent children and when he comes out he has the black materia in his hand. tifa then turns back to normal tifa, just in time to starts filming, advent children then has to become a live show to keep up with demand.*
cloud:well this is it tifa i'm going to throw this materia into this bottomless pit, which can't really be bottomless and probably comes out in wutai or somthing.
tifa: i love you cloud
i don't love you, you ate me bitch!
meanwhile in wutai
goda:oh look come materia! hey it melted into my hand! uarghurhauagurghhug!
*meanwhile, back at the batcave*
yuffie:cloud u hav to come quick somethings wrong with my dad
*cloud goes on a mini-mission to kill goda the end

GunbladeMaster
10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
.......congrats.........

Chris
10-13-2005, 09:19 PM
I always wondered that too, but I grew out of it.

:cry:

G SpOtZ
10-13-2005, 10:13 PM
i took it and ran.

Masamune·1600
10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
It was used to summon Meteor and it itself became meteor That could be true, but it getting destroyed when holy was cast or when sephiroth was defeated seems more likley. Materia just gives you the knowledge to use the attacks.

Actually, no, that can't be true. Ignoring the fact that the Black Materia becoming Meteor makes no sense on a variety of levels, the fact remains that the game specifically elucidates just how Meteor magic is brought about.

Aeris: ...this must be magic. Just what Sephiroth was saying. The Ultimate
Destructive Magic, Meteor. It finds small drifting planets with its magic. And
then collides with them. This Planet might get wiped out entirely...

As one can see, the Magic finds a preexisting object to collide with Gaia.

As to the actual fate of the Black Materia, it unfortunately remains unknown. Since the concept of the Negative Lifestream only came about as a consequence of Geostigma, and that the Black Materia seems to interact with Gaia, it seems likely that the Black Materia is derivative of the Gaian Lifestream. That being the case, it's unlikely the Materia was destroyed. It's possible that the supercondensed Spirit Energy was somehow diffused back into the Lifestream, but (without further knowledge) it seems most likely that it is still extant.

Dinnova
10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
good point!

Sephitachi7
10-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I don't think it in itself became the meteor because

1 - when you normally summon a monster, it doesn't become the monster and you always have it.

2 - When Sephiroth summoned Meteor, how could it transport itself milions of miles away and then become Meteor.

Maybe I'm getting too technical, but to me it just doesn't make sense.

Dinnova
10-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Masamune∙1600 prety much clear up the summing part. I remeber when they were talking about how it works.

I guess that we were suppose to assume that the materia was destroyed with sephiroth. But usualy, from wut i have played, in games you dont have to assume.