PDA

View Full Version : Coincedence

CaZ!
10-13-2005, 08:46 PM
I do NOT believe in coincedenses i think everything happens for a reason and in time we will see why. How about you?

Rainecloud
10-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I don't think everything happens for a reason, because I believe that we all have free will, and that we are not governed or influenced by a higher power of any sort. Our own personal decisions affect our lives and the lives of others. Sometimes things work out. Sometimes things don't. Coincidences are ... just coincidences.

Eg: That poor starving orphan in Africa just died. Did that happen for a reason? I'd surely hope not.

:(

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Coincidences, for the most part are not random but guided. Saying that there is always an exception to the rule. At times events are or can be mere coincidence

udsuna
10-13-2005, 11:45 PM
My religion holds that coincidence is the true nature of miracle in this world. And Rainecloud- who's to say it didn't have a purpose. When you stop and recognize that death is nothing to hate or fear, just a natural part of the cycle, and that said orphan's death means nothing bad to the orphan, why can't it have purpose. And, for that matter, an ultimately good result. Besides, this is africa we're talking about- for someone without family, in that environ, death is enviable.

rubah
10-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Funny that the first part of the first post I disagree with, but the second part is still completely head on.

I do <del>NOT believe in</del> think there is something neat about coincedenses i think everything happens for a reason and in time we will see why. How about you?

I guess I just use a different meaning for 'coincidence'

OmniOmega
10-14-2005, 02:04 AM
hmm, i believe its all been planned, weather we have free will or not, there is a higher power (God) who knows what we will do, and what will happen to us

kikimm
10-14-2005, 02:09 AM
I don't know what I believe, although I've thought baout it a lot. I'm not even sure what it is that I want to believe. Sometimes it seems like there really is no such thing as coincidences, and other times...

This is just the kind of weirdo philosophical type question that gets me frustrated. I'm leaving!

Rye
10-14-2005, 02:17 AM
I do believe things happen for a reason, or rather, everything that happens to you or you do will affect your life somehow, even the tiniest things. I'm not religious, but I believe in alternate realities where if you change even the slightest thing if what you do, your whole life may change. It's hard for me to explain. I think there's a book written about it.

That's why if I had the option to go back and time and fix something, I probably never would.

Jinpachi Mishima
10-14-2005, 02:38 AM
All things have a reason, but the reason is for you to give.

Everything is affected by a direct consequence of your actions/speech, intentions and any past karma catching up with you.

Thus, this is way I see reality.

*meditates*

:meditate:

xtreme112
10-14-2005, 05:15 AM
My theory: things happen because they do

Silmaril
10-14-2005, 12:32 PM
I believe stuff happens for a reason and all that jazz...

Slothy
10-14-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't believe anything happens for a reason, as I don't believe in the existence of a higher power necessary for such an argument to be true. I do believe however, that we are all bound to one fate, one possible outcome for our lives, and that free will doesn't exist.

Zante
10-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Either could be true, but I don't realy care. It doesn't matter imho.

Rusty
10-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Coincidences don't happen all the time, so yea, I think they do mean something.

Crop
10-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I dont think we choose what we do because we have already made that choice in the future.

Giga Guess
10-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Sometimes I think things really are just coincidences. However, I do think that other times, they are guided, at least in part, by a higher force. But...who knows, eh?

Luara
10-14-2005, 04:19 PM
I believe

DMKA
10-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah...coincidences are real. Atleast, I hope so...everything happening for a reason is a scary thought.